Who thinks teaching is a hard job?

Is teaching a hard job?   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is teaching a hard job?

• Yes
    • No

9 hours ago, The Governor said:

The biggest problem I see in the schools is the inclusion policy. These kids really can’t be in the same school. It’s not fair to them or anyone else.

You can’t deliberately hold people back because there isn’t ubiquity.

Life isn’t fair. Some kids are born into millionaire families some into poverty. Some people are brilliant with high IQ, some not. 

today’s virtual construct solves access. 

No one can win unless everyone can win is a false narrative. 

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MORE

Virginia Public Schools Decide to Deal With Low Minority Participation in Accelerated Math Classes as Only the Racist Left Could

https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/04/23/virginia-public-schools-decide-to-deal-with-low-minority-participation-in-accelerated-math-classes-as-only-the-racist-left-could-n367603

The worst thing about this is that is liberalism that is causing it on the first place. Inner city schools can't punish the 10% of students properly when they are disrupting the classroom. Every teacher I work with who taught in the city schools was spending far too much time dealing with a few problematic students to the detriment of the 80% who could flourish. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

People advancing based on intellect is some kind of “ist”.  Just as they are clamping down on all these criminally racist schools accepting the smartest applicants as opposed to rejecting Asians because despite their elite qualifications they came from a culturally ingrained privilege of valuing education. 

Can we start running the NBA the same way, I come from a culture that does not excel at basketball and therefore I should be given special dispensation to make millions. This kind of mentality is exactly how I run my elementary school basketball team- regardless of talent you will play a good amount. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Can we start running the NBA the same way, I come from a culture that does not excel at basketball and therefore I should be given special dispensation to make millions. This kind of mentality is exactly how I run my elementary school basketball team- regardless of talent you will play a good amount. 

I’ll settle for baseball or football if NBA is too narrow to accommodate everyone 

11 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The worst thing about this is that is liberalism that is causing it on the first place. Inner city schools can't punish the 10% of students properly when they are disrupting the classroom. Every teacher I work with who taught in the city schools was spending far too much time dealing with a few problematic students to the detriment of the 80% who could flourish. 

It’s the Federal inclusion law. They aren’t problematic as in punks that misbehave, they’re special needs kids being thrown in with the general population and the schools can’t do anything about it.

11 minutes ago, The Governor said:

It’s the Federal inclusion law. They aren’t problematic as in punks that misbehave, they’re special needs kids being thrown in with the general population and the schools can’t do anything about it.

It’s actually both. Our public schools are a mess! They’ve lost their way and pretty much abandoned their core mission of teaching students. Way too much pandering going on with little to no support from parents who are often too busy to care.

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s actually both. Our public schools are a mess! They’ve lost their way and pretty much abandoned their core mission of teaching students. Way too much pandering going on with little to no support from parents who are often too busy to care.

Yeah, don’t even get me started on parents. 

But just so some here understand, this isn’t some “librul” conspiracy, that federal inclusion law was bi-partisan and enacted back in the 70’s.

Edited by The Governor

Just now, The Governor said:

Yeah, don’t even get me started on parents. 

But just some some here understand, this isn’t some “librul” conspiracy, that federal inclusion law was bi-partisan and enacted back in the 70’s.

Agreed. I’m not sure why it would be difficult to imagine what would happen from all of this inclusion. I’m not saying it’s all bad, but the result is totally predictable. If you insert students into a classroom that either refuse to be taught or for other disfunctional reasons, can’t be taught at either grade level or speed, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that you’re going to ###### the advancement of the remaining kids in the room. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Agreed. I’m not sure why it would be difficult to imagine what would happen from all of this inclusion. I’m not saying it’s all bad, but the result is totally predictable. If you insert students into a classroom that either refuse to be taught or for other disfunctional reasons, can’t be taught at either grade level or speed, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that you’re going to ###### the advancement of the remaining kids in the room. 

I cannot believe that this message board will not allow you type the word r e t a r d. It’s a real world with actual meaning!!! It’s not being used as a slur in this context. Sheeesh

On 3/30/2021 at 4:50 PM, SoCal Deek said:

You have to be the most depressing person in America.  You really believe that the general public thinks teachers get paid too much? And/or that they get too much time off?  What polling shows that?  

I could dig up some state polling that says that.

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I live in California. I’m sure it’s different across the country.

Overall mood on teachers has improved over the last few years, but 8-10 years ago most polling broke against teachers even here in NJ.

Thats all Chris Christie did was attack teachers. Florida and NC were the same. 

Just now, The Governor said:

Overall mood on teachers has improved over the last few years, but 8-10 years ago most polling broke against teachers even here in NJ.

Thats all Chris Christie did was attack teachers. Florida and NC were the same. 

My wife is a recently retired teacher/counselor and was very well compensated with a great pension to boot. What one person thinks of another person’s pay is more in the eye of the beholder than anything else.

Question: What’s something worth? Answer: What someone is willing to pay for it.

• Agree 1

On 4/22/2021 at 7:47 PM, The Governor said:

The virtual teaching is actually a lot more difficult and takes more time. In the South you don’t get “prep” time before the day starts. You have to do it at home or stay longer. It probably requires 50 hours a week of your time.

I'm not sure what your point is here.  Are you saying a 50 week it too much?