HOW IS IT POSSIBLE HENRY....sees

Amazing isn't it. Clarrett the little whining trouble maker goes in the 3rd to Denver and yet TH a Pro Bowl running back who has proved his worth is left sitting.

The NFL is really something.

I would take a sure value anyday over a guy who brings more baggage than the Airbus could carrywithout any passengers on board.

:(

Andy Reid said there is still a chance they trade for Henry.

317625[/snapback]

i don't know if there's a player-for-player deal w/ philly in the works, but i'd take a 2006 3rd rounder for TH if they offered it and run.

i don't know if there's a player-for-player deal w/ philly in the works, but i'd take a 2006 3rd rounder for TH if they offered it and run.

317629[/snapback]

Philly was loaded with picks in a supposed "weak" draft. Why do you think they would consider coughing up a 3rd in a better draft?

Amazing isn't it. Clarrett the little whining trouble maker goes in the 3rd to Denver and yet TH a Pro Bowl running back who has proved his worth is left sitting.

I would take a sure value anyday over a guy who brings more baggage than the Airbus could carrywithout any passengers on board.

Sometimes "potential" is better than a known commodity. Whatever.

This subject has been talked infinitum but I'll chime in hear 40+ yr fan (sigh, I can only chime in as 35+ ....I mean, I can't count games before age 8 can I?)

In my opinion, if the rest of the league thinks Travis sucks then I keep him for the $1.25 mil charge this year. WE know he can run and catch and will give his all when in there. A backup RB for that price with his skills is a bargain. Why trade him for peanuts?

A holdout means he loses $1.25 mil. I doubt he can stomach that. if I were TD, I'd call his bluff AND fine him. Big time - starting with the first mandatory mini camp.

Plus, if he fails to show up for the last four games, his contract simply rolls over to next year. he'll be back to square one with a zillion $$ in fines.

I say his threat is words, nothing more.

Hey Travis! You signed the contract extension - the rest of the league thinks Clarrett (!!!??) is better than you (I disagree with that asessment but that is what happened) - swallow what pride you have left and come in a be a man. Play out your contract and play well. Next year will be payday for you.

You can suffer and live off a measly 1.25 million bucks.

:(

317624[/snapback]

The NFL is a business in todays day and age. Like it or not. Travis henry wasn't trade because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Well, I'm glad TD didn't let him go for a 4th.  As soon as an RB gets hurt, TH's value will be much higher.

317633[/snapback]

You are assuming two things that are not 100% guaranteed...

1. A team is going to lose a starting RB with an injury that will put the player on the sideline for an extended period of time.

2. The team with the injured RB, has a backup RB that is pitiful, therefore, trade for TH at any cost.

There was plenty of interest in TH. The issue was that TD wanted too much for him. so teams used 3rd round or later picks to get a RB. Even the Bills selected a RB.

Bottom line, TD put his chips in the middle, and loss the bet (for now at least).

;)

317624[/snapback]

I just have to believe that Denver didn't know they could have had Henry for their 3rd rounder. It will go down as very big dumb move by the horsies.

Nevertheless, I am happy that trade didn't happen. The Bills need a solid backup running back. It would have cost too much to get a soldi backup in.

The NFL is a business in todays day and age. Like it or not. Travis henry wasn't trade because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

317696[/snapback]

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!

Herry's contract demands are keeping his trade value down (just as they are Alexandar and James). Clarrett's contract will be very modest, while TH is looking for up-front signing bonus $$$ and a multi-year deal.

Clarrett will be a very good runningback. He could be the next in line to be a 1000 yard back for Denver, as Tory Holt said on Draft Day. I wouldn't be surprised. Shanahan sees something in Clarrett and I bet that he had him spotted before the draft even began.

Clarrett will be a very good runningback.  He could be the next in line to be a 1000 yard back for Denver, as Tory Holt said on Draft Day.  I wouldn't be surprised.  Shanahan sees something in Clarrett and I bet that he had him spotted before the draft even began.

317737[/snapback]

I agree...despite all the BS that surrounds Clarrett, you have to remember he tore up the college football scene as a Freshman. Possible if he kept his head on straight at OU he's be a top 1st round selection. I know most draft pundits think Shanahan reached for him in the third, but you can't dispute Shanny's track record when it comes to RB's. Hell anyone who can run forward gains 1000yds in their system. Insert a guy with talent and well, look at what Terrell Davis did.

Clarrett will be a very good runningback.  He could be the next in line to be a 1000 yard back for Denver, as Tory Holt said on Draft Day.  I wouldn't be surprised.  Shanahan sees something in Clarrett and I bet that he had him spotted before the draft even began.

317737[/snapback]

How many Defensive linemen can out run Clarrett? Probably more than you like to. Shanahan actually believes he has been making great backs out of nothing. Clarrett wont make it through training camp.

I'll tell you why ... because running backs are now a dime a dozen in this league. Every year you have 10 or so new RBs come in a step up giganticly. Hell, Denver pumps out 3-4 great RBs a year. The number of adequate RBs in the NFL today is ridiculous and add in to the mix all the RBs drafted early this year. There's 32 teams but far more than 32 starting-caliber RBs.

That is one thing that kind of pisses me off regardign the NFL/Union rules. Henry can show up at the Bills doorstep week 11, totally out of shape and the Bills then have no choice but to either welcome him with open arms and pay him or cut him. Either way, he fulfills his year of free agency eligability and can walk.

At least if there were provisions in the contract to cane him or something prior to cutting him would make most fans feel better!

A holdout means he loses $1.25 mil. I doubt he can stomach that. if I were TD, I'd call his bluff AND fine him. Big time - starting with the first mandatory mini camp.

Plus, if he fails to show up for the last four games, his contract simply rolls over to next year. he'll be back to square one with a zillion $$ in fines.

317650[/snapback]