The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

“the belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution.”

Why should it be taught or mentioned at all if it’s an ideology vs scientific? Not just ideology, but a Biblical ideology that could be divisive in leading kids to think l w religion is better than others.

i dont design the curriculum, but all the options are theories.

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

“the belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution.”

Thanks! It’s so rare that anyone answers a question on here, so I appreciate it. And the very mention of creation theory bothers you? Scientists have been debating this for centuries! For example…are you aware that with all your non-creation based science they still have ZERO idea where all the water on earth came from? 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks! It’s so rare that anyone answers a question on here, so I appreciate it. And the very mention of creation theory bothers you? Scientists have been debating this for centuries! For example…are you aware that with all your non-creation based science they still have ZERO idea where all the water on earth came from? 

I didn’t say I had an issue with creationism. I said creationism is an ideology that is being taught. If you are against ideology being taught such as CRT, then you should also be against teaching an ideology like creationism. Why should one party pick and choose which ideology is taught?

Further, to tie this to VA. VA has an email where you can tell on teachers for teaching divisive topics. You can see the executive order for what exactly divisive is, but it’s main target is CRT. I’d say creationism also falls under divisive theory as it puts Christians and other religions with a Supreme Being thinking they are better than religions that do not have a Supreme Being.

8 minutes ago, Beach said:

i dont design the curriculum, but all the options are theories.

Then you shouldn’t design the curriculum if CRT is taught or not either. (Even though to tie this back to VA, it’s not taught)

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I didn’t say I had an issue with creationism. I said creationism is an ideology that is being taught. If you are against ideology being taught such as CRT, then you should also be against teaching an ideology like creationism. Why should one party pick and choose which ideology is taught?

Further, to tie this to VA. VA has an email where you can tell on teachers for teaching divisive topics. You can see the executive order for what exactly divisive is, but it’s main target is CRT. I’d say creationism also falls under divisive theory as it puts Christians and other religions with a Supreme Being thinking they are better than religions that do not have a Supreme Being.

Then you shouldn’t design the curriculum if CRT is taught or not either. (Even though to tie this back to VA, it’s not taught)

i dont design any curriculums,  CRT that has nothing to do with science.  We in VA voted for who we wanted to be in charge of the curriculum, you just dont like the outcome.

1 minute ago, Beach said:

i dont design any curriculums,  CRT that has nothing to do with science.  We in VA voted for who we wanted to be in charge of the curriculum, you just dont like the outcome.

No. The outcome is fine. 

Here’s the wording from the EO:

For the purposes of this Executive order “inherently divisive concepts” means advancing any ideas in violation of Title IV and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, including, but not limited to of the following concepts (i) one race, skin color, ethnicity, sex, or faith is inherently superior to another race, skin color, ethnicity, sex, or faith; (ii) an individual, by virtue of his or her race, skin color, ethnicity, sex or faith, is racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or subconsciously, (iii) an individual should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment solely or partly because of his or her race, skin color, ethnicity, sex or faith, (iv) members of one race, ethnicity, sex or faith cannot and should not attempt to treat others as individuals without respect to race, sex or faith, (v) an individual's moral character is inherently determined by his or her race, skin color, ethnicity, sex, or faith, (vi) an individual, by virtue of his or her race, skin color, ethnicity, sex, or faith, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race, ethnicity, sex or faith, (vii) meritocracy or traits, such as a hard work ethic, are racist or sexist or were created by a particular race to oppress another race.

- Creationism assumes what? A Devine being.

- do all religions have a Devine being? No.

- Per the EO - “advancing any ideas in violation of Title IV and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, including, but not limited to of the following concepts (i) one race, skin color, ethnicity, sex, or faith is inherently superior to another race, skin color, ethnicity, sex, or faith;”

- If a teacher is teaching some Devine entity created everything, wouldn’t that advance the idea that a faith with a Supreme Being is superior to a faith without a Supreme Being?

8 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

What? Creationism is relative to the general field of science! Creationism does not teach a specific religion, if that’s where you’re going. You’re hung up on the God thing.

CRT is not in any way comparable. The shark has officially been jumped! 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What? Creationism is relative to the general field of science! Creationism does not teach a specific religion, if that’s where you’re going. You’re hung up on the God thing.

CRT is not in any way comparable. The shark has officially been jumped! 

What part of creationism doesn’t imply some Supreme Being that created everything?

4 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

What part of creationism doesn’t imply some Supreme Being that created everything?

Please re-read my post. I think you missed the critical point. The theory doesn’t promote a specific religion. What scares you about the concept that the universe was ‘created’? Even evolutionists don’t know what started it all. 

10 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

No. The outcome is fine. 

Here’s the wording from the EO:

For the purposes of this Executive order “inherently divisive concepts” means advancing any ideas in violation of Title IV and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, including, but not limited to of the following concepts (i) one race, skin color, ethnicity, sex, or faith is inherently superior to another race, skin color, ethnicity, sex, or faith; (ii) an individual, by virtue of his or her race, skin color, ethnicity, sex or faith, is racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or subconsciously, (iii) an individual should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment solely or partly because of his or her race, skin color, ethnicity, sex or faith, (iv) members of one race, ethnicity, sex or faith cannot and should not attempt to treat others as individuals without respect to race, sex or faith, (v) an individual's moral character is inherently determined by his or her race, skin color, ethnicity, sex, or faith, (vi) an individual, by virtue of his or her race, skin color, ethnicity, sex, or faith, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race, ethnicity, sex or faith, (vii) meritocracy or traits, such as a hard work ethic, are racist or sexist or were created by a particular race to oppress another race.

- Creationism assumes what? A Devine being.

- do all religions have a Devine being? No.

- Per the EO - “advancing any ideas in violation of Title IV and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, including, but not limited to of the following concepts (i) one race, skin color, ethnicity, sex, or faith is inherently superior to another race, skin color, ethnicity, sex, or faith;”

- If a teacher is teaching some Devine entity created everything, wouldn’t that advance the idea that a faith with a Supreme Being is superior to a faith without a Supreme Being?

creationism is offered up as an option to the theories.  it is not "taught" but not ruled out.  im really not pro or against any of this, im just letting you know how its being taught in the high schools in Va Beach and Chesapeake.

2 minutes ago, Beach said:

creationism is offered up as an option to the theories.  it is not "taught" but not ruled out.  im really not pro or against any of this, im just letting you know how its being taught in the high schools in Va Beach and Chesapeake.

So let’s teach CRT in VA Beach (love the Cavalier btw) as something that’s offered as an option to theories. (Again, it’s not taught in VA anyways but for sale of argument)

And the EO doesn’t have an exclusion for options to theories on there. 

Edited by Backintheday544

So let’s teach CRT in VA Beach (love the Cavalier btw) as something that’s offered as an option to theories. (Again, it’s not taught in VA anyways but for sale of argument)

the Governor has nixed that so our opinions dont really matter

2 minutes ago, Beach said:

the Governor has nixed that so our opinions dont really matter

Yea he nixed CRT which wasn’t taught in schools anyways with the EO and the crux of this argument is his EO also nixes Creationism from being taught in VA.

We can start with creationism but what other Christian ideology is also being taught in schools that we should nix?

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Please re-read my post. I think you missed the critical point. The theory doesn’t promote a specific religion. What scares you about the concept that the universe was ‘created’? Even evolutionists don’t know what started it all. 

The theory promotes a Supreme being to do the creating. There are religions that do not have a supreme being concept. 

Teaching such ideology makes people of a faith without a supreme being concept feel inferior and thus violates the governors EO.

9 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Yea he nixed CRT which wasn’t taught in schools anyways with the EO and the crux of this argument is his EO also nixes Creationism from being taught in VA.

We can start with creationism but what other Christian ideology is also being taught in schools that we should nix?

The theory promotes a Supreme being to do the creating. There are religions that do not have a supreme being concept. 

Teaching such ideology makes people of a faith without a supreme being concept feel inferior and thus violates the governors EO.

yea i heard CRT wasnt taught in schools here.  it wasnt called CRT but it was taught.  i witnessed it with my own eyes and ears.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Beach said:

yea i heard CRT wasnt taught in schools here.  it wasnt called CRT but it was taught.  i witnessed it with my own eyes and ears.

Great!

So after this discussion if you think something like CRT shouldn’t be taught in schools then Christian ideologies such as creationism shouldn’t be either (yes creationism is in other religions but there are religions where creationism isn’t a thing)

Or say you’re a liberal and the free exchange of ideas is a cool thing!

Edited by Backintheday544

Great!

So after this discussion if you think something like CRT shouldn’t be taught in schools then Christian ideologies such as creationism shouldn’t be either (yes creationism is in other religions but there are religions where creationism isn’t a thing)

im against CRT, and i really dont care about the other theories if the aren't divisive

5 minutes ago, Beach said:

im against CRT, and i really dont care about the other theories if the aren't divisive

But we just defined theories such as creationism as divisive under the wording of the governor. So you care that creationism and other Christian centric education is divisive per the EO and you’re against them per you. So you’re anti-creationism being taught. You’re anti-any God/Supreme based being being taught in public schools.

great! Please spread your beliefs to other Virginians.

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

But we just defined theories such as creationism as divisive under the wording of the governor. So you care that creationism and other Christian centric education is divisive per the EO and you’re against them per you. So you’re anti-creationism being taught. You’re anti-any God/Supreme based being being taught in public schools.

great! Please spread your beliefs to other Virginians.

as i told you, creationism is offered as an option and not specifically "taught".  if you wanted my opinion then i would be against creationism being taught.  im really just trying to offer you the facts of what is happening without my opinions.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Beach said:

as i told you, creationism is offered as an option and not specifically "taught".  if you wanted my opinion then i would be against creationism being taught.  im really just trying to offer you the facts of what is happening without my opinions.

Creationism is not taught as an option. It’s part of the curriculum.

So if that’s your opinion you have 2 stances to take in VA. Allow CRT and creationism or say no to creationism and CRT.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Great!

Or say you’re a liberal and the free exchange of ideas is a cool thing!

a crazy idea. hear me out. the class is given a syllabus at the beginning of the semester. it has a sign off sheet for the parents. if parents wish there children to learn something else then whats on there. the school offers options. if the teacher is caught giving assignments or forcing participation on subjects parents find controversial, for any reason.. then the teacher is fired. if they are lying about the syllabus..the teacher is fired, and we agree on this. no exceptions.

we had to do it with sex ed in my school. why is this a hill so many must die on. the arrogance of we know better then you as a stranger or i only found out this was being taught when...blah blah blah secretive stuff. the fact such young children are being involved makes it all the more creepy. that goes for religious subjects as well....or any subject. the parents have the final say PERIOD.

we can all stop arguing what we think other parents kids are exposed to and it will be a better world.

Edited by Buffarukus