Offseason: Players we can cut that would provide the most cap savings...

bills6969

11 hours ago, Magox said:

John Brown most likely will be cut and replaced by Stills.

Jerry Hughes stays on the team

Vernon Butler is a good cut candidate

Mario Addison is a goner

Micah Hyde stays put

Mitch Morse could be a surprise cut but I suspect he stays

Lee Smith hopefully retires, if not he should be cut.

Stills is a really good WR with speed. Could really blossom here if he's committed. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Doc said:

I would think that any player under consideration to be cut would be approached about it and given the option to take a pay cut instead.  Nothing wrong with that.

That’s exactly how it works. It’s not like any of these players are starving. This is big money and serious business dealings we’re talking about. No legitimate business wants to pay $4 million more a year than they have to for anything. Deals will be made. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s exactly how it works. It’s not like any of these players are starving. This is big money and serious business dealings we’re talking about. No legitimate business wants to pay $4 million more a year than they have to for anything. Deals will be made. 

Yup.  And these guys know the business and I'm sure they know the Bills', as well as league-wide, cap situation.  

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yup.  And these guys know the business and I'm sure they know the Bills', as well as league-wide, cap situation.  

And so do their Agents. It’s going to be interesting for sure. I can’t recall a time when the NFL was talking about reducing the cap. This is uncharted territory. These deals are a lot easier when everyone is flush with cash. They get way tougher when the Agent has to tell his Client to swallow their pride and the offer because it’s the best they’ll probably get. 

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

What about trade value for Brown? legit burner for 8 mill per year does not sound wild to me.

Might be able to get a mid rounder for him, the main issue is that everyone is in a cash squeeze so these type of higher contract players for trades who aren't real game changers most likely aren't going to happen that often this year.

14 minutes ago, Magox said:

Might be able to get a mid rounder for him, the main issue is that everyone is in a cash squeeze so these type of higher contract players for trades who aren't real game changers most likely aren't going to happen that often this year.

It'd be pretty sweet to get our 4th rounder back for him😁