Clayton Rips Into TD...Again

Is it possible you're all viewing this completely wrong? There have been numerous posts saying that Henry is worth more than a 4th - look at Feeley and Lamont Gordon - then why couldn't Donahoe get more, if he's so shrewd? Forget Donahoe's ego and all that, a decent GM would've pulled off the trade because he knows how to market players, not just stick to his word. And for those who trust in Donahoe, when are we going to make the playoffs?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry's worth is a tough sell. If he was so good and therefore worth better than a 4th round pick, we wouldn't have used a pick to take a chance on McGahee and his obliterated knee. Clearly, we didn't see Henry as a starter despite his yards and his pro bowl appearance. Despite all that, there were plenty of people here on the board that were convinced that TD would use Henry to get us into the first round, second at worst, and spent plenty of bandwith talking about who we should take once we got the higher pick.

This isn't a criticism of TD on not having traded Henry. Instead, I just want to invite those who were so rudely dismissive of anyone who thought TD wouldn't be able to use Henry to get us back into the first or second round to give us their take now.

Is it possible you're all viewing this completely wrong?  There have been numerous posts saying that Henry is worth more than a 4th - look at Feeley and Lamont Gordon - then why couldn't Donahoe get more, if he's so shrewd?  Forget Donahoe's ego and all that, a decent GM would've pulled off the trade because he knows how to market players, not just stick to his word.  And for those who trust in Donahoe, when are we going to make the playoffs?

317750[/snapback]

A decent GM could have pulled the trade off, if he didn't have an idiot of a player who sealed his fate on the team, and a moronic agent who acknowledged that he will do everything possible to ensure that the Bills pay for mistreating said idiot player.

If I'm the GM on the other side of TD, you're lucky to get a 7th rounder out of me. I'll take my chances in the draft's first 3 rounds or wait until June 2.

A decent GM could have pulled the trade off, if he didn't have an idiot of a player who sealed his fate on the team, and a moronic agent who acknowledged that he will do everything possible to ensure that the Bills pay for mistreating said idiot player. 

If I'm the GM on the other side of TD, you're lucky to get a 7th rounder out of me.  I'll take my chances in the draft's first 3 rounds or wait until June 2.

318052[/snapback]

TD really took a shot at Englehard (or is it Engle-hardly!) on the Channel 7 sports round-up show last night. Said the agent had an opportunity to find a deal, but in the end, it was the Bills that had to jump back in and do all the work.

Sounds like TH has an agent commensurate with his Wonderlic score! ;)

If henry sits out the whole season wouldnt he still owe a year on his contract?

317348[/snapback]

BINGO! That's what makes it so funny. If he isn't traded, i hope the dumbass sits out of the whole season, because if he does, he's property of Buffalo for another year. :lol:

Go for it, Travis! Listen to your moron agent. The same agent that was busted for giving his NFLPA website password to the media. And the same moron who was drunk after a game last year and came over to the pinto and ripped down the Willis sign. ;):lol:

http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/index...&featureId=1314

BINGO!  That's what makes it so funny.  If he isn't traded, i hope the dumbass sits out of the whole season, because if he does, he's property of Buffalo for another year.  :lol:

Go for it, Travis!  Listen to your moron agent.  The same agent that was busted for giving his NFLPA website password to the media.  And the same moron who was drunk after a game last year and came over to the pinto and ripped down the Willis sign.  ;)  :lol:

318099[/snapback]

Heh. Wonder what Lenny P. was searching for on the site? :lol:

BINGO!  That's what makes it so funny.  If he isn't traded, i hope the dumbass sits out of the whole season, because if he does, he's property of Buffalo for another year.  :D

Go for it, Travis!  Listen to your moron agent.  The same agent that was busted for giving his NFLPA website password to the media.  And the same moron who was drunk after a game last year and came over to the pinto and ripped down the Willis sign.  <_<  :)

318099[/snapback]

No, I do not believe he owes us a year for sitting out. He simply will not be paid. Personal services contracts are not specifically enforced, at least not in the real world.

BUT, he can't play for anyoone else this year AND he won't get paid.

Travis will be in camp if not traded. This is the guy that needed the extension so bad, remember? He ain't gonna sit out and not get paid. What would be the point?

If his agent has half a brain, he will sit Travis down and tell him that he is not in a position to force anything, and that he is ONLY going to harm himself in the process, both short-term and long-term. The best and ONLY viable choice he has is to STFU and get his ass into camp.

No, I do not believe he owes us a year for sitting out.  He simply will not be paid.  Personal services contracts are not specifically enforced, at least not in the real world.

BUT, he can't play for anyoone else this year AND he won't get paid.

Travis will be in camp if not traded.  This is the guy that needed the extension so bad, remember?  He ain't gonna sit out and not get paid.  What would be the point?

If his agent has half a brain, he will sit Travis down and tell him that he is not in a position to force anything, and that he is ONLY going to harm himself in the process, both short-term and long-term.  The best and ONLY viable choice he has is to STFU and get his ass into camp.

318307[/snapback]

I'll have to look it up...but I heard that there's an NFL rule that states that a player has to be on the active roster and play in at least 4 games to qualify for UFA next season.

I'll have to look it up...but I heard that there's an NFL rule that states that a player has to be on the active roster and play in at least 4 games to qualify for UFA next season.

319012[/snapback]

Needs to play six games for it to be counted as a year of service.

What I thought was interesting in the Clayton article was that TD wanted Shelton, but his coaches, read McNally, did not. Man, has that guy got the love or what. When is the last time you heard of a an OLC making the call on a trade.

I for one am happy to hear that. I have always thought of TD as an arrogant SOB who felt he was smarter than everyone, including his coaches. I have a little more faith in him now, and a little more faith that a true partnership, like Polian-Levy is being created here. I for one say YAHOO

It would be a lot different if TH was carrying a large cap figure. He has a cap number just over 1M and is a good back. Why give him away for nothing. What happens if WM injures himself in mini camp? What happens if another team's RB gets hurt, can't play and want to trade for Henry? Now that makes him a better deal. Why trade for a LT in Shelton that the coaches don't like, won't play and has a cap igure three times Henry? Why settle for a 4th round pick who most likely at best will be a ST contributor if we're lucky. Not doing anything at this point was the best thing since we couldn't get anything for him. You don't trade him for the sake of trading him!

I think TD and the coaches know more about what they want, and who can do what they want than Clayton. Clayton does know football as well as they do, but there is no way he can know what type of players we need.

I think TD and the coaches know more about what they want, and who can do what they want than Clayton. Clayton does know football as well as they do, but there is no way he can know what type of players we need.

319213[/snapback]

Er, given the recent Bill's records and lack of playoff appearances as well as the PGH "must" game - at home, I'd question if the current Bill's regime has much of a better idea about things than Clayton does... :lol: