Clayton Rips Into TD...Again

Henry, however, was the one trade that should have happened and didn't. In late February, the Cardinals were ready to make an L.J. Shelton-for-Henry trade. It was a $3 million left tackle for a running back. The Bills wanted more, asking the Cardinals to swap their better position in the second round. Donahoe held firm and thought he would get a trade when the Eagles showed interest. Then came the Bucs.

The best offer was a fourth-rounder from the Eagles. The Bills held to the third. On Friday, the Cardinals didn't return Buffalo's phone calls. Donahoe didn't budge on his demand for more. Like a greedy gambler, Donahoe didn't know how to fold 'em and watched the Bucs, Cardinals and Eagles draft first-day running backs.

Now, he's stuck with Henry, who will probably hold out. Donahoe liked Shelton to a certain degree but Bills coaches didn't. In the end, the Bills didn't get value and have a distraction in Henry, and they might lose him and get nothing in return after the 2005 season, when his contract is up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/colu...john&id=2045197

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry, however, was the one trade that should have happened and didn't. In late February, the Cardinals were ready to make an L.J. Shelton-for-Henry trade. It was a $3 million left tackle for a running back. The Bills wanted more, asking the Cardinals to swap their better position in the second round. Donahoe held firm and thought he would get a trade when the Eagles showed interest. Then came the Bucs.

The best offer was a fourth-rounder from the Eagles. The Bills held to the third. On Friday, the Cardinals didn't return Buffalo's phone calls. Donahoe didn't budge on his demand for more. Like a greedy gambler, Donahoe didn't know how to fold 'em and watched the Bucs, Cardinals and Eagles draft first-day running backs.

Now, he's stuck with Henry, who will probably hold out. Donahoe liked Shelton to a certain degree but Bills coaches didn't. In the end, the Bills didn't get value and have a distraction in Henry, and they might lose him and get nothing in return after the 2005 season, when his contract is up.

317222[/snapback]

If this is true? why trade henry for shelton? the Bills coaches don't like him!!

Would you be happy with a 4th round pick?

I am not sure.

We will see what happens before the season starts. there is always a chance that a team gets hit by injuries (like last year). TD would collect a rd 2 or better pick from a desperate team.

First of all, Clayton looks like the fuggin' Tweetie Bird.

Second of all, what this proves is that RBs have no value. Look at the Vikings' situation. They're gonna eventually lose Michael Bennett and probably Ontario Smith and get nothing in return. Same with the Colts and Edge, and the 'Hawks and Alexander. RBs are overvalued.

You know who the real idiot is here? It's Al fuggin Davis. He paid Lamont Jordan $25 mil when he could've gotten a quality back for peanuts in this draft. Layoff TD. I'd rather have a proven back with a chip on his shoulder in his contract year backing up McGahee then some untested rook anyhow.

Light Bulb head blasts Donohoe, but i got to give the Bills GM credit for not giving in. When you say what you want for him, then back down or settle desperately for what's offered, you lose in the long run. How would he play hard ball again if he just gives in? This to me would affect any future deals in a negative way. No one will ever take Donohoe seriously and he'll lose his poker face.

If Henry wants to hold out, let him. he won't get paid. Worst case scenario, he is Willis's back up, he has to perform if he wants interest from other clubs. Hold outs are not attractive when you want to market yourself.

I don't think he will be much of a "locker room cancer", because I feel the team already has moved on with the mindset that he is gone. Any bickering from Henry will be like a fart in the wind. I honestly feel that.

Kudos to Tom Donohoe.

So we are supposed to just give Henry away? Because we don't cough up a multiple 1300 yd RB for a 4th rd pick TD is a greedy gambler? Or wait, take a player that his coaches don't want? This gets better, in a draft that in everybody's opinion sucks? Give me a break! Arizona,Tampa and them cheap a$$ Eagles can go pound sand. We'll keep Henry and if he never sees the field again for us too bad. He will be great insurance in the event of injury to our STAR RB. I wish Henry well but this IS a business. His time will come, his contract is just about up. You know, I really would like to meet up with those Eagles. I knew it was a jerk job with them, and I posted as such. I did think something could have been worked out with either the Cardinals or Bucs. Let one of these teams take a injury or can't sign one of their guys and come sniffing around for Henry. I'd jack their a$$ so high and make them pay dearly.

As far as that little weasel Clayton, how in the world did he ever get a job in football??!!! I always enjoyed when Salisbury would go off on that puny little pencil neck geek.

All those who claimed over the last year that we would get a first rounder for Henry or a second rounder at worst, please take a bow.  As it turns out, nobody would even give up a lousy third rounder.

317246[/snapback]

this isn't a response just to Mickey...because i haven't read the entire thread...

if TD couldn't get at second rounder or a top 15 (of the 3rd) i would rather he hold onto him. if the Eagles were able to get a 2nd roundder from the Dolphins for a backup QB....i would rather wait until preseason when someone loses their starter due to injury and get nothing less than a 2nd rounder for Travis.

Last year the Fins gave up a 3rd round pick (the 2nd pick in this year's 3rd round) to the Rams for Lamar Gordon. Dude had like 450 yards in his career. Now people are trashing Donahoe for not trading Henry for a 4th rounder?

The league can go screw itself. We've got great RB's right now. 2 of them. Watch out.

317222[/snapback]

What I find most silly is that you actually listen to that assclown. What has he ever won?????

Umm, did you or anyone else ever consider for even one minute that the TD and the boys were just not that interested in Shelton???? Please consider giving that some thought.

What I find most silly is that you actually listen to that assclown. What has he ever won?????

Umm, did you or anyone else ever consider for even one minute that the TD and the boys were just not that interested in Shelton???? Please consider giving that some thought.

317344[/snapback]

Dont look at me chief, I'm just reporting the news...I havent listened to Clayton in years and dont plan on starting now...just figured it was something some people would like to read.