Jump to content

Snap Counts from last night


Recommended Posts

McKenzie was certainly underutilized, especially when KC would throw speed in our face and we had no answers on offense.  Gabe should not have played. who made that decision?!?

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

 

Davis 22%

That's a lot of bodies rotating on a defensive line that are all totally ineffective. Time to stop with the rotation keeps them fresh and spend that money on someone who gets to the damn QB.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what I noticed? WHY is Oliver in there for only 57%.. that number should be more like 75%.. Isn't there such thing as substituting to much taking away what a player does or could do?  I'm sorry Oliver is supposed to be your DT of the future and you play him 57%? that's not enough for a player that's supposed to be a higher caliber player

 

5 DT your bringing in an out of a game and Zimmer 20% why?

4 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

That's a lot of bodies rotating on a defensive line that are all totally ineffective. Time to stop with the rotation keeps them fresh and spend that money on someone who gets to the damn QB.

 

 

especially at DT.. wth?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Well, he was hurt.

I know...he shouldn't have played IMO (not that we honestly are good enough to beat KC). Stills would have given us more.

 

When Sean said today (paraphrasing) that he wants to be able to roll with the guys that got us here (if the trainers and medical staff gives them the thumbs up) all I could think about was Chan saying "it was his turn"...

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

McKenzie was certainly underutilized, especially when KC would throw speed in our face and we had no answers on offense.  Gabe should not have played. who made that decision?!?

I only saw him on like 3 plays...

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

That's a lot of bodies rotating on a defensive line that are all totally ineffective. Time to stop with the rotation keeps them fresh and spend that money on someone who gets to the damn QB.

 

 

The DL is awful, I get we were looking at the cap and who do you resign and who you don't  Phillips got paid, missing Star, Lawson, Vincent Taylor are all better than what we have. Last offseason I beat the drum to cut Trent Murphy and use his savings along with LorAx's savings to pay Austin Hooper. I would still do that today. Trent Murphy is just under a $10 million cap hit to ride the pine. Quintin Jefferson $7 million, Kroft $5.4 million, Butler $7.4 million, Addison $9.9 million, Hughes $9.5 million

 

Jordan Phillips is a $12 million hit - would you have paid him?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

 

Davis 22%

1st drive for KC offense, on 3rd down (our only stop really bc Hill dropped it), we came out with a 3-man def line and Siran Neal jamming Kelce.  Then poof, didn't try it again.

 

Wish some reporter would have asked McD why we all of a sudden abandoned that? Thought that was a great scheme to try utilizing, basically exactly what the Raiders did against KC.  

 

Obviously McD and Frazier made half-time adjustments, or saw something they thought would work. But when you have a front 4 that generated ZERO pressure, and super passive to blitz (which i can understand that) then why not roll with an extra defensive back to try slowing down the passing attack?  Hindsight is 20-20, i get it, and maybe the dime package would have been unsuccessful too.  Frustrating not to try.

 

Same can be said for offense.  You get taught in Jr high how to combat press man coverage.  I get Chiefs were mixing up their looks, but holy cow we ran maybe 3-4 short crossing routes/natural pick plays, if that?  Beasley gets one right off the bat in the 3rd qtr, and its like finally, but again too few.  Or how about some "bunch" formations, forces the defense to abandon the press... tough to be critical on Daboll he had a great yr calling/designing the offense.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

The DL is awful, I get we were looking at the cap and who do you resign and who you don't  Phillips got paid, missing Star, Lawson, Vincent Taylor are all better than what we have. Last offseason I beat the drum to cut Trent Murphy and use his savings along with LorAx's savings to pay Austin Hooper. I would still do that today. Trent Murphy is just under a $10 million cap hit to ride the pine. Quintin Jefferson $7 million, Kroft $5.4 million, Butler $7.4 million, Addison $9.9 million, Hughes $9.5 million

 

Jordan Phillips is a $12 million hit - would you have paid him?

DL was horrible.  

 

Looking back since 2017 (mcd 1st season), this was the DL WORST season (from a sack standpoint).  I get there are multiple ways to generate pressure, but jeez when we just rushed a conventional 4-man it was really bad.

 

Last season, we had 35+ sacks from our dline alone...this year, 20.

 

I said it i. another thread, but completely agree about blowing up the dline and starting from scratch.  Oliver, Epenesa building blocks (potential at least), Harry and Johnson backup competition.  

 

Beane has done wonders but his method of building a front 4 is something I disagree with completely.  I dont like this build with 4-6 slightly above average players and rotate.  Rather see 1-2 premier talents, and constantly trying to get this group elite.  

 

So much cap money was wasted this past year on the defensive line.  I'm not going to do the math for prior years, but this has to be one of the worst ROIs in quite some time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Well, he was hurt.

 

Our most common personnel group all year has been (1,1) with 3 WR and with a healthy Brown that's been Diggs, Brown, Beasley

We play (1,0) 4 WR  15% of the time - so we went with 4 WR and put Davis on the field 7% more than average over the season

 

7 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Beane has done wonders but his method of building a front 4 is something I disagree with completely.  I dont like this build with 4-6 slightly above average players and rotate.  Rather see 1-2 premier talents, and constantly trying to get this group elite.  

 

So much cap money was wasted this past year on the defensive line.  I'm not going to do the math for prior years, but this has to be one of the worst ROIs in quite some time.  

 

I can't disagree about the poor ROI and I personally feel we can't afford to feed the DL rotation, but to be fair to Beane it's a point that McDermott (and perhaps Frazier) are really insistent upon

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Our most common personnel group all year has been (1,1) with 3 WR and with a healthy Brown that's been Diggs, Brown, Beasley

We play (1,0) 4 WR  15% of the time - so we went with 4 WR and put Davis on the field 7% more than average over the season

 

Disagree, Hap -- 22 percent is by far and away the fewest snaps he played all season. Check out the offensive snap count percentage to the right in the game logs: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviGa01.htm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Disagree, Hap -- 22 percent is by far and away the fewest snaps he played all season. Check out the offensive snap count percentage to the right in the game logs: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviGa01.htm.

 

Keep in mind that Week 3, Week 5, Week 7, then Week 11-16 , Davis was #3 taking snaps for an injured Brown.

 

You have a point that it's fewer than the 35-50% snaps he's played when Brown has been healthy.  I think he's been in for Beasley when they wanted blocking for a run play, and clearly they didn't want him to try that on a bum ankle.  I'll have to look at what they did instead - it can't have been asking Beasley to block! 

 

Good catch

 

13 hours ago, zow2 said:

McKenzie was certainly underutilized, especially when KC would throw speed in our face and we had no answers on offense.  Gabe should not have played. who made that decision?!?

 

McDermott, ultimately.  He talks about it in his presser up on buffalobills.com.  Says they considered activating Stills but they evaluated with the trainers and medical staff and they felt he could go, so he wanted to give the call to the player who had played during the rest of the season.  He was a bit testy about it when the reporter mis-heard what he said, so perhaps he is 2nd guessing that decision.

 

As far as underutilized, I don't think our problem was lack of speed on offense.  It was beating press man, and time to throw (IMO)

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...