The Colts signed Gary Jennings 3 days prior to the game

Doc

I mentioned this before but it likely went unnoticed, as probably did this transaction for most (myself included until my son told me about it yesterday before the game).  Gary Jennings was with the Bills from 12/31-1/4 and signed by the Colts to a reserve/futures contract on 1/6.  The timing is obviously not coincidental.  Does anyone think that, despite the short amount of time he was with the Bills, he could have provided the Colts with any valuable information?

I highly doubt they gave Jennings any secrets. My assumption is they knew he'd only be around for a week. He was likely used on the scout team to simulate a speedy opponent. If anything, he likely saw more of what they expected from the Colts than what they wanted to do to the Colts. Many teams do this. If they garnered even one piece of info from him, such as Beasley's condition, it was probably a worthwhile exercise for Indy, though. This is the danger, I guess, of constantly signing and cutting players on the PS.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I mentioned this before but it likely went unnoticed, as probably did this transaction for most (myself included until my son told me about it yesterday before the game).  Gary Jennings was with the Bills from 12/31-1/4 and signed by the Colts to a reserve/futures contract on 1/6.  The timing is obviously not coincidental.  Does anyone think that, despite the short amount of time he was with the Bills, he could have provided the Colts with any valuable information?

I’m sure he did and good catch, because I missed that completely.  What’s awesome about it though is we finally have a team (especially at QB) where that kind of thing didn’t matter.