Stefon Diggs vs Xavier Rhodes

YoloinOhio

Former Vikings teammates square off today. Colts play a lot of zone. Rhodes is the Colts boundary corner so while he may or may not shadow Diggs, most expect this matchup to take place because all zone d eventually turns into Man. Rhodes was pretty bad last year in Minnesota but has has a bounce back year in Indy. 

so these two probably practiced against  each other a lot I thought  ... after a quick search, here is a history 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Former Vikings teammates square off today. Colts play a lot of zone. Rhodes is the Colts boundary corner so while he may or may not shadow Diggs, most expect this matchup to take place because all zone d eventually turns into Man. Rhodes was pretty bad last year in Minnesota but has has a bounce back year in Indy. 

so these two probably practiced against  each other a lot I thought  ... after a quick search, here is a history 

Great stuff. Thanks for posting.  Eager to see if Rhodes does any chirping today!  He may have already learned his lesson.  Diggs is a BAAAAAD man!!!

36 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Nobody else has managed to stay on Diggs, I don’t see a run of the mill fringe starter having any luck.

Well that would not be how o define Rhodes or their slot corner Kenny Moore. Both have been really really good this year.  Both have won afc DPOw. TJ Carrie may fall into that category 

that said, I’ll take Diggs to win the war against any CB in the league. Maybe not each battle, but the war. Kind of like what happened with Hopkins and White last year. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well that would not be how o define Rhodes or their slot corner Kenny Moore. Both have been really really good this year.  Both have won afc DPOw. TJ Carrie may fall into that category 

that said, I’ll take Diggs to win the war against any CB in the league. Maybe not each battle, but the war. Kind of like what happened with Hopkins and White last year. 

Rhodes is not consistent, hasn’t been his whole career, he will have flashes, which is good enough for any weekly award, but Diggs will beat him like a drum.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The Colts are 31st in passes over 20 yards.  So...

I feel like I’m at the point of over analyzing haha. But I need to reconcile this. I heard that the colts D is similar to ours in that they are very disciplined and  don’t allow a lot of throws over the top, and the Bills won’t have that option. 

Just now, DCofNC said:

Rhodes is not consistent, hasn’t been his whole career, he will have flashes, which is good enough for any weekly award, but Diggs will beat him like a drum.

Hope so!!

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

After watching Diggs all year I don't see this as much of a "vs"...

You know what year a player is at their prime?

Rhodes has been in decline the last few years, whereas Diggs has ascended.  This is just my opinion, but I don’t look at it as a huge matchup.  I think Diggs is still ascending.  

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like I’m at the point of over analyzing haha. But I need to reconcile this. I heard that the colts D is similar to ours in that they are very disciplined and  don’t allow a lot of throws over the top, and the Bills won’t have that option.

The stat is the stat.  It means they've given-up the 2nd most 20+ yard plays in the NFL.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Actually, Diggs talked about Xavier Rhodes in his presser this week (on BuffaloBills.com).  As a 5th round pick, Diggs started on the Scout team, so he did indeed work against Rhodes as a rookie in 2015!!! He praised Rhodes and credited him with helping him learn to play at the NFL level against big, fast NFL corners.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Their D as a whole started out near top in the league and has really fallen off the 2nd half of the year. Kind of the opposite of the Bills where they started out bad but have really played well the 2nd half...

In general, our offense is far superior in terms of EPA compared to their defensive EPA

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hope so!!

The Bills always have that option because Allen can get balls in between defenders faster than any QB in the league and Allen excels at off schedule plays and once he scrambles and the receivers get into backyard football mode those zones tend to break down and leave gaping holes.

Edited by Big Turk