A few excellent short clips breaking down Allen's play from the past few games by Mark Schofield

Logic

I'm not sure how many on here use Twitter or are familiar with Mark Schofield's weekly videos, but I wanted to share these. He does them for many QBs, but Allen seems to keep showing up lately. They are shown here chronologically from the Broncos through the Dolphins games, so scroll down if you only care about yesterday's game.

I like the second clip the best. The whole "This freakin' guy" bit. Just awesome.  😆

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Jobot said:

I'm starting to wonder if other quarterbacks complete these types of throws at this ridiculous rate... Like do we have the Steph Curry of the NFL right now? I feel like he might throw 60+ TDs next year.

My instinct is to give him even more weapons, like that TE in the draft, Kyle Pitts. TE is the missing piece. Knox just doesn't appear to be the answer. He's willing, but he doesn't seem to understand zones, and he keeps dropping or fumbling the ball. Can you imagine a Travis Kelse in addition to Diggs, Brown and Beasley? 

18 minutes ago, finn said:

My instinct is to give him even more weapons, like that TE in the draft, Kyle Pitts. TE is the missing piece. Knox just doesn't appear to be the answer. He's willing, but he doesn't seem to understand zones, and he keeps dropping or fumbling the ball. Can you imagine a Travis Kelse in addition to Diggs, Brown and Beasley? 

No doubt, also our run game is  mediocre at best.. imagine this team once that gets going as well!

The pump on the TD to Brown was critical for Brown to get open.  But it wasn't just the pump, if you see when he did fake the with the shoulder pump it temporarily froze the DB which was all Brown needed but then Allen looks to the other side of the field and then comes back and lays a dime.

Absolutely next level QB play.

• Like (+1) 2

What execution on that play. Allen with his manipulation, the line, Moss and Mackenzie picking up the blitz, and Brown setting up the CB with that subtle head turn to the inside. Really impressive. That's not bad play from the Dolphins; that's superb play from the Bills. 

1 hour ago, Magox said:

The pump on the TD to Brown was critical for Brown to get open.  But it wasn't just the pump, if you see when he did fake the with the shoulder pump it temporarily froze the DB which was all Brown needed but then Allen looks to the other side of the field and then comes back and lays a dime.

Absolutely next level QB play.

I hope he's got a truck load of shoulder/pump fakes ready for the playoffs.

54 minutes ago, finn said:

What execution on that play. Allen with his manipulation, the line, Moss and Mackenzie picking up the blitz, and Brown setting up the CB with that subtle head turn to the inside. Really impressive. That's not bad play from the Dolphins; that's superb play from the Bills. 

Remember when the Bills couldn't even pick up a basic Tackle/End stunt or twist?  Now these teams are throwing exotic overload blitzes at them and the Bills pick them up without issue and they don't even come close to Allen....half the time the blitzers look like they just get swallowed up by the Bills and never get across the LOS

Edited by Big Turk