Trump will veto "stimulus" wants $2000 per American

Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, Wacka said:

If it was just 2K ;person and not 40K / congresspersom for doing absolutely nothing  and other pork, it woulddbe passed unanimously and signed by trump. But of course it isn't.

Literally none of that is in the Democrats bill. You can read it here:

https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20201228/BILLS-116hr_-SUSv2.pdf

the bill the Democrats passed is just $2,000 per person.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I agree the stimulus should be more focused to the unemployed who can't pay their rent , restaurants closed down , landlords not getting rent.   

The republicans were not against the big tax cut for the rich and corporations  under Trump. This does not make any sense to me at least.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, ALF said:

I agree the stimulus should be more focused to the unemployed who can't pay their rent , restaurants closed down , landlords not getting rent.   

The republicans were not against the big tax cut for the rich and corporations  under Trump. This does not make any sense to me at least.

There are also people who now have jobs but cannot catch up to the debt they accumulated from our government not caring. It's too late to say we should help the unemployed only since now most people need the help b.c they waited months and months for the sake of their own ego.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Let’s go over this again....I did not get a tax cut under Trump! Because I can no longer write off my state and local taxes....my taxes went up, not down! 

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let’s go over this again....I did not get a tax cut under Trump! Because I can no longer write off my state and local taxes....my taxes went up, not down! 

I'm talking about the very rich who don't need more money 

In fact, more than 60% of the tax savings went to people in the top 20% of the income ladder, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. The measure also slashed the corporate tax rate by 40%.

Corporate tax revenues fell 31% in the first year after the cut was passed. Overall tax revenues have declined as a share of the economy in each of the two years since the tax cut took effect.

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/20/789540931/2-years-later-trump-tax-cuts-have-failed-to-deliver-on-gops-promises

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Then you don’t make enough money. Most people who make real money in high income tax states still received a tax benefit even with the SALT cap due to the savings in the bill relating to AMT. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Then you don’t make enough money. Most people who make real money in high income tax states still received a tax benefit even with the SALT cap due to the savings in the bill relating to AMT. 

I make ‘enough’ money

Thanks

1 hour ago, ALF said:

I'm talking about the very rich who don't need more money 

Oh brother! If you ever make really big money, get back to me, and then we’ll see if you think you no longer need the money you earned. But while you’re at it, I’d LOVE to hear what you think the ‘very rich’ earn. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I make ‘enough’ money

Thanks

Oh brother! If you ever make really big money, get back to me, and then we’ll see if you think you no longer need the money you earned. But while you’re at it, I’d LOVE to hear what you think the ‘very rich’ earn. 

Yea, enough money... high enough to max out SALT (not saying much since you’re in a high income tax state) but not high enough to get hit with pre-TCJA AMT.

Didn’t see a TCJA tax decrease so you’re most likely a W2 earner. Since if the above is true, if you had a business your income most likely wouldn’t put you above any phase outs for the QBI deduction.

Yea, you’ve said enough to get a general idea of what making enough is. 

I wonder if McConnell might try something saying "The georgia candidates made a very compelling argument for me and I will allow the vote of the $2k Stimulus alone." 

He has been silent for the most part other than being forced to speak when challenged in Senate as of late. Before he had people tweeting out many things on his twitter, that has stopped. Wonder if he is trying to rethink the full package and trying to salvage a scary Georgia runoff...

Edited by TBBills

I disagree with just sending $2000 to everyone.  I have been working through the pandemic, and have not lost any income.  People like me don't need it; I'd rather you increase it to $5000 and give it to struggling small businesses and families where the breadwinners became unemployed.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I disagree with just sending $2000 to everyone.  I have been working through the pandemic, and have not lost any income.  People like me don't need it; I'd rather you increase it to $5000 and give it to struggling small businesses and families where the breadwinners became unemployed.

Happy New Year Old Man

I don’t think you’d get any argument from anyone on that approach...except maybe from the nitwits in Congress. They’ll find a way to make even the simplest solution overly complicated.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Could have been done earlier but too late now b.c Republicans didn't even want to think about it.

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Happy New Year Old Man

I don’t think you’d get any argument from anyone on that approach...except maybe from the nitwits in Congress. They’ll find a way to make even the simplest solution overly complicated.

We have lost the concept of society.  We have lost the concept of helping our fellow man.  It’s pathetic.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yawn

Everything isn’t about Republicans bad / Democrats good. You’re being lied to!

Except this is. The House Dems passed the HEREOS Act months ago and the Senate Republicans refuse to even consider it.

Things like PPP round 2 , PPP fixes to deductibility on taxes, expansion of EIDL grants to low income neighborhood businesses were all things in HEROES that made the new package.

Imagine getting a $100,000 PPP loan as a small business and not know if you’ll need to pay tax on it until a week before year end. 

How many small businesses would have been saved if the Senate would have brought up the HEROES Act?

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

We have lost the concept of society.  We have lost the concept of helping our fellow man.  It’s pathetic.

I disagree. I see people helping people everywhere I look. Don’t let the news media and Social Media convince you otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1