Canceling student loans

shoshin

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Right over your head

No, you're just a ***** poster, and you just to see the unintentional humor in what you posted, considering your bloviating about the "infrastructure" bill when it passed. "Expand access to clean drinking water" is right on the propaganda page for it! Surely, with a trillion dollars already earmarked, we can find some for poor ol' Jackson, MS.

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

No, you're just a ***** poster, and you just to see the unintentional humor in what you posted, considering your bloviating about the "infrastructure" bill when it passed. "Expand access to clean drinking water" is right on the propaganda page for it! Surely, with a trillion dollars already earmarked, we can find some for poor ol' Jackson, MS.

Right over your head 

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

That will be a decent tax bill for someone getting 20k in forgiveness. Assuming they are at a 7% tax rate, that’s $1400.  Considering most Americans don’t even have $500 saved for an emergency, that will hurt. 

19 hours ago, BillStime said:

But why do my tax dollars have to go to Mississippi? I’ll never have to drink their water.  Can’t their own residents pay for this?

I pay my taxes and have good drinking water.

Isn’t that the mantra we are supposed to preach per the cult?

I’m not exactly sure where you’re going with this. One of the reasons we are a Union of States is so that weaker states can get assistance from stronger ones. But the intent wouldn’t be that a single State is weak on everything. You cannot pick out a single issue and point to it as an example of every issue. Some states have nearby rivers and ports, while others have rich farmland, etc

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not exactly sure where you’re going with this. One of the reasons we are a Union of States is so that weaker states can get assistance from stronger ones. But the intent wouldn’t be that a single State is weak on everything. You cannot pick out a single issue and point to it as an example of every issue. Some states have nearby rivers and ports, while others have rich farmland, etc

Right over your head 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well I’ve never been all that tall. 😉

He thinks that a public service like clean water to bathe in and drink is directly analogous to a loan you signed the promissory note for to pay for something you didn’t need. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

He thinks that a public service like clean water to bathe in and drink is directly analogous to a loan you signed the promissory note for to pay for something you didn’t need. 

So you’re saying that the reason it went over my head is because there’s literally no connection between the two topics whatsoever? That’s what I thought. 😉

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you’re saying that the reason it went over my head is because there’s literally no connection between the two topics whatsoever? That’s what I thought. 😉

Or it's just what is always is: nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Can someone explain to my why someone making $250k a year needs to have their student loan forgiven?  I’m mean a real good reason other than “hey!  The Dems need votes this November!”  

Simple….because in Biden’s version of the world only those making more than $400k are the new deplorables.

I my extended family the only people who had  more than 30k in student loans at any time are now doctors. Of the 40+ cousins almost all have college degrees from state schools and some of us had to do community college for two years. I will state that 95% of people that have 50k of debt made bad decisions that were easily predictable but they want others to pay for their stupidity 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I my extended family the only people who had  more than 30k in student loans at any time are now doctors. Of the 40+ cousins almost all have college degrees from state schools and some of us had to do community college for two years. I will state that 95% of people that have 50k of debt made bad decisions that were easily predictable but they want others to pay for their stupidity 

95% is a pretty high number. curious to what you mean. i dont know loanwise what everyone i know accumulated but the clear difference between low loan/ predictable outcomes were kids who could live at home with mommy a daddy rent free and those that were maybe older or had family issues so had to juggle a pretty vicious schedule working full time, school full time and taking care of reg everyday buisness some while also taking care of family obligations. 

those are two completely different ballgames and one has nothing predictable about it while requiring more help/loans to get through to the end. 

Edited by Buffarukus

2 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

95% is a pretty high number. curious to what you mean. i dont know loanwise what everyone i know accumulated but the clear difference between low loan/ predictable outcomes were kids who could live at home with mommy a daddy rent free and those that had to juggle a pretty vicious schedule/while working/ some while taking care of family. 

those are two completely different ballgames and one has nothing predictable about it while requiring more help/loans to get through to the end. 

Everyone makes their own decisions in life. You just don’t parachute into a set of circumstances.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Everyone makes their own decisions in life. You just don’t parachute into a set of circumstances.

how does ones family neglect that may be the key difference on loan total become a decision in any way?

so republicans want people to pull up their bootstraps to get ahead in this country. those that do and could really benefit from a bit of help get the good ol reliable red response..not my problem. you should only touch bootstraps if you are 100% sure i won't be bothered.

that same republican outlook can literally be used for any situation. they pick and choose what sounds good. let me ask. did you support the bill to help troops dealing with health issues from burnpits? why? they choose to enlist. their leaders choose to post them by burn pits. they choose not to be dishonorably discharged when placed in that situation. the military gets hundreds of billions of dollars for weopons? why do my taxes go up now? wasnt my decision. 

see how this works? 

at some point someone has to look out for people who are trying to better their circumstances and not get ruined by working towards getting them and their loved ones out of the system. im for chipping in for those people because it might mean one less that lives off it entirely. exactly what R's and this country should encourage.

i asked this in this thread a few pages earlier and can't seem to find any takers to explain the mindset. i even have agreement with...with..i can't say his name. it cant be true. ill just say his name is our team and a clock. 😬

Edited by Buffarukus

7 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

how does ones family neglect that may be the key difference on loan total become a decision in any way?

so republicans want people to pull up their bootstraps to get ahead in this country. those that do and could really benefit from a bit of help get the good ol reliable red response..not my problem. you should only touch bootstraps if you are 100% sure i won't be bothered.

that same republican outlook can literally be used for any situation. they pick and choose what sounds good. let me ask. did you support the bill to help troops dealing with health issues from burnpits? why? they choose to enlist. their leaders choose to post them by burn pits. they choose not to be dishonorably discharged when placed in that situation. the military gets hundreds of billions of dollars for weopons? why do my taxes go up now? wasnt my decision. 

see how this works? 

at some point someone has to look out for people who are trying to better their circumstances and not get ruined by working towards getting them and their loved ones out of the system. im for chipping in for those people because it might mean one less that lives off it entirely. exactly what R's and this country should encourage.

i asked this in this thread a few pages earlier and can't seem to find any takers to explain the mindset. i even have agreement with...with..i can't say his name. it cant be true. ill just say his name is our team and a clock. 😬

In this country there is one time in life it is better to be poor than rich, or middle class, and that is when applying for student aid. If you are truly poor then the amount of grants available are extensive. If you are poor, a first generation college student, and a good student then your education will be free to many quality schools. If you are simply poor and a decent student there is grants and work programs to get free room and board at community colleges, at least in Florida. 

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Maybe but trailer trash don’t typically have much student loan debt. 

No but they are who the Dems are afraid of.  Or more importantly who they are goading into doing something stupid. 

12 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I left college with $5k in student loan debt with an AOS.  I’m now retired early.  College can be a massive waste of money.