Fraud or no fraud? that is the question...

JaCrispy

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

believe we definitely need to do more to protect our election system to make sure non citizens aren’t voting, people aren’t voting multiple times, ballots aren’t being sent out to dead people or the wrong address...

They have been doing this... This is just the first time you are seeing it in social media.

You didn't see this b.c social media never gave a crap about it, but b.c a president who's plan was to try and make this look new brainwashed many people with his propaganda driven fake news site who recently had to redact many statements made since the election.

He has tried to destroy this country and what it stands for but he didn't realize the truth will reign supreme... Even in his Supreme Court.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

If you love democracy, you’d be against voter ID laws as they are being used as a restriction on legal US persons to vote. ACLU gives a good break down on it:

Voter ID Laws Deprive Many Americans of the Right to Vote

• Millions of Americans Lack ID. 11% of U.S. citizens – or more than 21 million Americans – do not have government-issued photo identification.1
  • Obtaining ID Costs Money. Even if ID is offered for free, voters must incur numerous costs (such as paying for birth certificates) to apply for a government-issued ID.
    • Underlying documents required to obtain ID cost money, a significant expense for lower-income Americans. The combined cost of document fees, travel expenses and waiting time are estimated to range from $75 to $175.2
    • The travel required is often a major burden on people with disabilities, the elderly, or those in rural areas without access to a car or public transportation. In Texas, some people in rural areas must travel approximately 170 miles to reach the nearest ID office.3
  • Voter ID Laws Reduce Voter Turnout. A 2014 GAO study found that strict photo ID laws reduce turnout by 2-3 percentage points,4 which can translate into tens of thousands of votes lost in a single state.5

Voter ID Laws Are Discriminatory

• Minority voters disproportionately lack ID. Nationally, up to 25% of African-American citizens of voting age lack government-issued photo ID, compared to only 8% of whites.6
  • States exclude forms of ID in a discriminatory manner. Texas allows concealed weapons permits for voting, but does not accept student ID cards. Until its voter ID law was struck down, North Carolina prohibited public assistance IDs and state employee ID cards, which are disproportionately held by Black voters. And until recently, Wisconsin permitted active duty military ID cards, but prohibited Veterans Affairs ID cards for voting.
  • Voter ID laws are enforced in a discriminatory manner. A Caltech/MIT study found that minority voters are more frequently questioned about ID than are white voters.7
  • Voter ID laws reduce turnout among minority voters. Several studies, including a 2014 GAO study, have found that photo ID laws have a particularly depressive effect on turnout among racial minorities and other vulnerable groups, worsening the participation gap between voters of color and whites.8

Voter ID Requirements are a Solution in Search of a Problem

• In-person fraud is vanishingly rare. A recent study found that, since 2000, there were only 31 credible allegations of voter impersonation – the only type of fraud that photo IDs could prevent – during a period of time in which over 1 billion ballots were cast.9
  • Identified instances of “fraud” are honest mistakes. So-called cases of in-person impersonation voter “fraud” are almost always the product of an elections worker or a voter making an honest mistake, and that even these mistakes are extremely infrequent.10
  • Voter ID laws are a waste of taxpayer dollars. States incur sizeable costs when implementing voter ID laws, including the cost of educating the public, training poll workers, and providing IDs to voters.
    • Texas spent nearly $2 million on voter education and outreach efforts following passage of its Voter ID law.11
    • Indiana spent over $10 million to produce free ID cards between 2007 and 2010.12

I understand this, and have an easy fix- once a person reaches the legal age to vote, the state should provide everyone with a FREE photo ID (with exception to a drivers license)...

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I understand this, and have an easy fix- once a person reaches the legal age to vote, the state should provide everyone with a FREE photo ID (with exception to a drivers license)...

How does the state choose who gets the card? Does someone need to sign up for the card? What if people fraudulently sign up for the card?  Then you’re back to making it expensive for people to get things like birth certificates.

Why should the state take on such a large cost that’s not need? Would you support raising taxes to pay for this program?

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

And what if the photo changes?  When do we have to get new photos taken?  How long are they good for?  How does this work with absentees?  Let's not "fix" what isn't broken.  Show me a problem with in-person voter fraud and then maybe the photo ID conversation becomes relevant. 

57 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

How does the state choose who gets the card? Does someone need to sign up for the card? What if people fraudulently sign up for the card?  Then you’re back to making it expensive for people to get things like birth certificates.

Why should the state take on such a large cost that’s not need? Would you support raising taxes to pay for this program?

Yes I would support raising taxes for it...hell, we wanted to go to the moon bad enough and guess what- we did it...

If we really want to solve the inequities of voting, we can do that too- but people have to WANT to do it...unfortunately, I don’t think enough people really care...

54 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

And what if the photo changes?  When do we have to get new photos taken?  How long are they good for?  How does this work with absentees?  Let's not "fix" what isn't broken.  Show me a problem with in-person voter fraud and then maybe the photo ID conversation becomes relevant. 

Ask your legislators...😉

Edited by JaCrispy

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Yes I would support raising taxes for it...hell, we wanted to go to the moon bad enough and guess what- we did it...

If we really want to solve the inequities of voting, we can do that too- but people have to WANT to do it...unfortunately, I don’t think enough people really care...

Ask your legislators...😉

People want to fix problems. Fraudulent voting due to not having ID laws is unfortunately not a problem. We’ve seen maybe a handful of real cases brought up this election cycle when there is intense scrutiny on fraud. 

so your idea is to pay millions of dollars, probably billions of dollars to implement a law that would change maybe 10 votes?

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Ask your legislators...😉

See the thing is the legislators have to ask that question in the first instance before they enact your little backdoor poll tax.  So it's best to have an answer for it now, rather than later. 

6 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Everyone should be issued a Voter ID # tied to their SS# and automatically registered to vote at the age of 18. Wonder who would be against that?