2021 Premature Draft- List your top 3 positions of need

MClem06

A couple of thoughts:

-I know there's a lot of people saying we need a speedy back. Keep in mind that we have Wade (if McBeane like what nobody is seeing but them and the team), who is electric, in terms of speed and jukes. Also, speed backs without much else in their repertoire tend to go a bit later. We should be able to get one in the 4th/5th.

-Run-stuffing DT is a major need, but they can be had in the 2nd and 3rd, even into the 4th. Don't need to blow our first pick on one. I wouldn't be down with it.

-CB: Always a need, and yet McD can find a CB on a moonless night in a sugar cane field, with no flashlight. I feel fine with 1-2 in the 5th/6th/7th/UDFA range.

-LB: Prime need, but like the Run-Stuffing DT, they tend to be an under-valued (and hence, under-drafted position). UNLESS a pure, cannot-miss stud is there in the 1st, I'm okay with one in the 2nd.

-DE: Strong need (Murphy is toast, and Addison & Hughes will eventually need to be replaced). We also need a speed-rusher type, as Epenesa is more of an edge-setting power guy. I feel like since these type of players are a confluence of both the highest team need and draft-value, we should (if there is an excellent one available) take a speed-around-the-edge DE to groom under Hughes.

-TE: I don't see it as so big of a need as many on here. If we take one or don't, I'll be fine.

-Good position to address in FA, if we don't get one in the draft.

-S: Sneaky need. If there's a good one who falls, 3rd-5th is my target range.

-OT: It all rests on the Darryl Williams question. This becomes our need #1a/1b (to DE-speed-rusher), if we cannot hang onto Williams.

-OG/C: We have solid guards on this team, and better-than-average backups. I say 5th/6th round mauler.

Now, what picks do we have? 1,2,3,NO 4th (Minny),5, 5 (ZayDayPayDay),6,7,7* (Marshall Newhouse - Nobody seems to know if we will get this pick or not, but Carolina is bad this year, so it would be a higher 7th).

With that in mind, rough-outline of 2021 draft:

1st Round: 

-Scenario 1: We resign Darryl Williams, and draft a Speed-rush DE

-Scenario 2: We don't resign Darryl Williams: BPA between Speed-rush DE and OT

2nd Round: 

-I'm going LB, UNLESS there is a markedly better run-stuffing DT available.

-(2a = LB / 2b = Run-stuffing DT).

3rd Round: 

-Pending pick in the 2nd round, I would pick whichever of the two positions (run-stuffing DT or LB) we passed on in the 2nd.

-(3a = Run-stuffing DT / 3b = LB)

4th Round:

-Package Newhouse 7th and the Minny 5th (early) to move back into the 4th. 

-Snag the best S / Big-Nickel we can land.

5th Round (our original pick):

-OG/C (5a)

-Speed back (5b)

6th Round:

-OT (Developmental / drops for random reason / small school / high up-side)

7th Round (our original pick):

-CB - Hey, we landed Dane Jackson, last year, in the 7th... Were he not injured at the end of the Cards game, he may have batted two TD's out of Hopkins' mitts, and won us the game! I'm saying, I wanted Jackson in the 5th or 6th, last year. I think this kid will be good. McD and his CD wizardry will find us another good, potential piece, here.

Okay, so that's a lot of speculation, and a trade, but I honestly would be completely happy with this. In past years, I have ragged on the Bills for going heavy on D picks, early. Not anymore. Our O has arrived, and our D has been patchwork this year, due to underwhelming additions and a regression to the mean, when it comes to injuries. You can mark this post, and refer to it. I'll probably get looking more at specific players to fit these positions after the Bills win the Super Bowl :flirt:

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever

A few thoughts/questions I have about some guys in this years class:

1) I think Owusu-Koramoa (LB- Norte Dame) will be gone well before our pick, and I don’t see Beane moving up much this year. If anything I see our cap situation as a reason to move back and get more picks. He would be a great fit for our system but I just don’t see him getting past about pick #22.

2) Could Zaven Collins (LB, Tulsa) be a candidate to take over the Lorenzo Alexander role? He Would probably need to be selected Round 1 considering how his stock is rising.

3) Could Hamsah Nasirildeen or Bubba Bolden be candidates for the “Buffalo Nickel” role that Buscaglia & Fairburn spent a lot of last off-season discussing as some felt Kyle Dugger was a well liked prospect of the Bills as well. 

4) I believe they’ll continue to address offensive line in the draft, specifically with the Ford injury and possibility they could lose Feliciano and Daryl Williams next season as well. If they still believe Ford is better off at guard, they’ll need to address tackle (I think Daryl Williams is gonna price himself out of our range). 

Edited by Dkollidas
  • Like (+1) 1

I know everyone what’s a LB , DE , CB 

I say OFFENSE  OL ,  WR , TE  

we have our QB and our # 1 WR  I really like Smoke but his injuries are concerning and we need speed at WR2 , 

Josh behind a good OL with two good outside WR’s Beasley at a slot and a good TE this offense could be amazing next year and with a good OL I’m sure our running game would be much better with who we already have , Chiefs already proved that you don’t need top 5 defense to win a SB but you have to be able to score 

I want an offense who can put up 35 points a game