Dion Dawkins coming up on CBS Sports Radio around 2:20 EST PM today

Seasons1992

Audio should be posted later - will update when it is.  Gotta love the kid

Edit: Here is the audio

https://omny.fm/shows/the-jim-rome-show/11-13-2020-dion-dawkins

- How good to be a Buffalo Bill - attitude w/ players

- Feels like what is should feel like when you trust the process, coaches.  For Arizona - extremely excited, know work to be done - go in have mindset on what to do and execute

- Getting squared away after rough stretch Tenn/KC 

- Trust in process what coaches preaching.  Falls on players that have been here.  Continue to preach and just let guys understand this is all a part of the game.  So for all the young guys - relay the message it's extremely hard to go undefeated, don't need to go undefeated to win a SB/Conference - just need to be best at what we do.  When things go wrong understand it and apply it to winning.  We went in respected the film, respected mistakes, and learned from it.

- Josh Allenperformance after death of Grandmother

- Shows the world God is real and good things happen to good people.  Also shows that Josh is a warrior, just simply that.  He said he has a team to lead and he went out and did his thing.  I can't be more proud of the kid and can't be more proud to be his LT

- With that being said Are you even more fired up to protect him and keep him clean

- Absolutely.  Josh is a caring person.  All day long he calls, sends memes, talks to us - Even though Josh is Josh I look at him like he could be my younger brother - and I would die for him.  I would stand on that front line for him.  Every play I have that mindset I want to keep my QB clean and make sure this kid is in the best position for him to shine 

- Contract extension

- It meant the world to me.  I'm far from perfect and where I want to be in my career.  I'm still learning.  I'm not young, and I'm not old - I'm still learning.  For the org to believe in me and think we can win for many years w/ Dion Dawkins it meant the world.  I would to anything for the org b/c they showed and said exactly what they meant.  They take care of family - its a family team and family org.   I'm and gonna be here and thankful to be here - Mafia for Life

- New contract motivate you even more

- Yes motivates me even more - I can see where people get the mindset I can coast, but for myself it's definitely pedal to the metal.  I want to be great, I want to be one of the greats.  Coming in people doubted I was a tackle - he can be a guard.  I just have to keep growing - I see in myself someone great in the future but far from it now - have to keep pounding away

- From where you started grinding in the cold in NJ just to make some money

- Grinded in the snow (shoveling) to make a dollar - literally still grinding in cold weather to make a dollar every day.   Buffalo I see it the same as when I was younger - just get out there and get it done and keep moving and continue to lead by example

- <Schnow gear comercial>

- Cody Ford - comments "Don't think GQ gonna call him before me"

- Cody knows who the swag dog is - I respect the kid, he's hungry - but he understands when it comes to the fits and the GQ look he knows it's me

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dawkins is The Truth.  Sometimes I think he should have his own reality channel.  Definitely an interesting guy. 

4 hours ago, stevewin said:

Audio should be posted later - will update when it is.  Gotta love the kid

Thanks for the synopsis!  Hope you don't mind I merged ya.

- Trust in process what coaches preaching.  Falls on players that have been here.  Continue to preach and just let guys understand this is all a part of the game.  So for all the young guys - relay the message it's extremely hard to go undefeated, don't need to go undefeated to win a SB/Conference - just need to be best at what we do.  When things go wrong understand it and apply it to winning.  We went in respected the film, respected mistakes, and learned from it.

Perfect

- Josh Allen performance after death of Grandmother

- Shows the world God is real and good things happen to good people.  Also shows that Josh is a warrior, just simply that.  He said he has a team to lead and he went out and did his thing.  I can't be more proud of the kid and can't be more proud to be his LT

- With that being said Are you even more fired up to protect him and keep him clean

- Absolutely.  Josh is a caring person.  All day long he calls, sends memes, talks to us - Even though Josh is Josh I look at him like he could be my younger brother - and I would die for him.  I would stand on that front line for him.  Every play I have that mindset I want to keep my QB clean and make sure this kid is in the best position for him to shine 

I think of Josh Allen as pretty much the same age as Dawkins - Dawkins was drafted 1 year before Josh.  So it's interesting that he refers to Josh as "the kid".  (It's not the first time I've heard him say it, so it's not a one-off).  I looked it up, Dion is 2 years older (26 vs 24). 

It's not a good thing, it's not a bad thing, I just think it's an interesting thing to refer to (and presumably think of) a guy 2 years younger as "the kid".  I wonder if it's the common thing on the OL?  Ty Nsekhe is the elder at 35. Winters is 29.   Morse, Williams, and Feliciano are 28.  Boettger is 26.  Cody Ford and Ryan Bates are the youngsters- only 23.  Well maybe it is a good thing if it makes them all feel more protective of "younger brother". 

It has to reflect Josh's personality.  Diggs kind of referred to him the same way, calling him "a goofball" and saying appearances are deceiving and he's just a giant kid.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think of Josh Allen as pretty much the same age as Dawkins - Dawkins was drafted 1 year before Josh.  So it's interesting that he refers to Josh as "the kid".  (It's not the first time I've heard him say it, so it's not a one-off).  I looked it up, Dion is 2 years older (26 vs 24). 

It's not a good thing, it's not a bad thing, I just think it's an interesting thing to refer to (and presumably think of) a guy 2 years younger as "the kid".  I wonder if it's the common thing on the OL?  Ty Nsekhe is the elder at 35. Winters is 29.   Morse, Williams, and Feliciano are 28.  Boettger is 26.  Cody Ford and Ryan Bates are the youngsters- only 23.  Well maybe it is a good thing if it makes them all feel more protective of "younger brother". 

It has to reflect Josh's personality.  Diggs kind of referred to him the same way, calling him "a goofball" and saying appearances are deceiving and he's just a giant kid.

It also struck me as interesting  -  but more as a good reflection on Dawkins.  He not only referred to Josh as the kid and younger brother, but also referred to other "young guys".  To me even though he's only been in the league a few years, he really seems to consider himself a veteran and a leader (captain this year).   That's pretty impressive to me.

Also you can just tell the love he has for Josh (like many of the other player's we've heard).  When he said "I'd die for him" it almost gave me chills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dawkins is The Truth.  Sometimes I think he should have his own reality channel.  Definitely an interesting guy. 

Thanks for the synopsis!  Hope you don't mind I merged ya.

Perfect

It's definitely an offensive line thing.

They all got that big brother mentality, and you got to keep your little brother clean

The age difference is obviously not that much, but Dion Dawkins sole purpose is to protect Josh Allen

So it's definitely a big brother little brother relationship for positions

• Awesome! (+1) 1