Did you know that the Bills are 4th in the NFL in takeaways?

18 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am curious if we have next gen stats that show how much those turnovers are worth? I mean that in that RW threw the one picked by White last week was almost a guaranteed TD vs one that saves a field goal?

Google "drive start expected points chart". It's on something like FootballAnalytics.com

17 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Thats surprising. Regarding the sacks we got 9 sacks in the two Jets games. So there

is that...

Same deal as the fact that turnovers come in spurts.

Sacks (and every measureable statistic, really) come slowly sometimes and fast at other times. Sacks tend to come in certain games, basically the ones where the matchups were good and also the ones where the other team got significantly behind and had to give up the run.

Not just for Buffalo. For every team, in every season.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 11/13/2020 at 6:50 AM, Just in Atlanta said:

Differential is a great indicator of success. We're no. 9 at plus 3. Only one above us (the browns) are likely not a playoff team. 

To add to that, there was that thread  a few weeks ago of 5-2 teams with negative point differential. Basically only 1 out of 3 in NFL history had gone on to make the playoffs. This year that was the Bills, Bears and Browns. It was obvious three weeks ago just as it is today which team would be the one to make the playoffs and which two would likely not. Fast forward a couple weeks and Bills now are +9 point differential and 7-2, Browns are -31 and 5-3, Bears are -12 and 5-4. Neither the Bears or Browns are currently in playoff position in the standings. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/13/2020 at 9:07 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

We had 4 TOs against Seattle, right? 2 INTs and 2 Fumbles.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but that one feast game kinda skews our stats and standing. Without them, we'd be -1 in TO differential. Which is more indicative of our overall performance.

I'm sure you can say that about almost any team though

• Like (+1) 1