Ravens-Colts had one of the most mystifying challenge reversals I have ever witnessed. Mind boggling...

Big Turk

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's ridiculous.  As ridiculous as the Kroft INT, except at least that one had the "conclusive evidence needed to over turn" going for it.

There have been some mind-boggling bad calls that affect games this year.

The NFL can manipulate games in any direction they want. Been doing it for years.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

At least there’s somewhat of an argument for a completed pass - he did have control for 3 steps before the ball was raked out. In real time it looks like an obvious incomplete pass, in slo mo it looks complete given the rules of the game.

I think the non reversal on the Kroft “interception” was far worse than this call. There’s no argument for that one.

This still blows my mind the db never once even had the ball in his hands

3 hours ago, DQW87 said:

Wow, first time seeing that play.  That is the worst call I've seen this year by a lot.  What the hell was the replay official looking at, another game?

Except it really isn't. By the rules as they now stand he called that right. The rules kinda suck but interception, 3 steps, fumble, recovered by the defense. By the current catch rules they called it right. 

The rules are a mess and they keep making them worse in the pursuit of "simplification". 

20 hours ago, matter2003 said:

This was initially ruled Incomplete on the field which was clear and obvious to anyone watching this game or replay in this case.

Somehow on a challenge, the replay review determined it was and INT. This is beyond mind boggling how they overturn something so obviously incomplete but allow obvious reversals in so many other situations to stand.

It's almost like Riveron stepped out for a few minutes and someone else made the call to try and use some crazy twisted logic to show how smart they were and impress Riveron when he got back...

Just absolutely mind boggling how this could be ruled and INT especially when it was called incomplete on the field...

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1325529137084321794?s=20

That was most definitely an Al Riveron call. Any completely wrong decision on replay is Al. Guy is beyond terrible at his job. 

20 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

At least there’s somewhat of an argument for a completed pass - he did have control for 3 steps before the ball was raked out. In real time it looks like an obvious incomplete pass, in slo mo it looks complete given the rules of the game.

I think the non reversal on the Kroft “interception” was far worse than this call. There’s no argument for that one.

Jay, you had to bring that Kroft non pick.  I’m still pissed about that one.  I’ve never seen a worse call other than the Saints wrong call in the playoffs two years ago.  As far as this play, Colts fans have every right to be upset, but there is some argument because the three steps could be inferred as a catch.  To me, I think it was an incomplete pass/interception.