Jordan Poyer mic'd up

check out what he says to Cam Newton after the game-clinching fumble

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/mic-d-up-jordan-poyer-x3947

One of the more interesting mic'd ups I've heard, including an apparent coaching session to Po from Isaiah McKenzie, offensive play diagnosis of the Pats between Po and Burkhead, offensive play diagnosis of our offense from the sidelines, and a lot of hard hits.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

check out what he says to Cam Newton after the game-clinching fumble

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/mic-d-up-jordan-poyer-x3947

One of the more interesting mic'd ups I've heard, including an apparent coaching session to Po from Isaiah McKenzie, offensive play diagnosis of the Pats between Po and Burkhead, offensive play diagnosis of our offense from the sidelines, and a lot of hard hits.

Classy!!!

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

I mean, that was clearly not his intent (I think), I took it as Poyer being very respectful towards a once great player.

Thats the beauty of talking smack like that. Even more head games. Cam walks away thinking "Was he serious or just rubbing it in?"

I'm not saying it was 100% trash talk, but it's definitely a back-handed compliment.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Nothing spicier than telling someone how great they are as they lay on the turf after just giving the game away. Savage.

I knew Poyer would be encouraging to Newton.

You could see Poyer pat Newton on the back at the end of the play on the game coverage.

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I mean, that was clearly not his intent (I think), I took it as Poyer being very respectful towards a once great player.

I think he was standing too close to the heater and got hot pants.

Ha!

Didn't think about that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

It's all in the context.  You just fumbled away your team's chance to (at least) tie the game.  600+ lbs of beef just smashed you into the turf.  You get to your knees wondering how you can bring a lungful of air without pain.  The opposing team's safety, who hit you and led the team in tackles, comes bouncing up "Hey, you still great, bro!  You still great!" and smacks you on the back.

DrDawkinstein has it right: "Savage!"  All the better for being words that can be taken as perfectly respectful.  Head games for reals.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Nothing spicier than telling someone how great they are as they lay on the turf after just giving the game away. Savage.

Nah,  he was showing Cam love.  Cam is pretty highly regarded by his peers from what I’ve seen over the years.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's all in the context.  You just fumbled away your team's chance to (at least) tie the game.  600+ lbs of beef just smashed you into the turf.  You get to your knees wondering how you can bring a lungful of air without pain.  The opposing team's safety, who hit you and led the team in tackles, comes bouncing up "Hey, you still great, bro!  You still great!" and smacks you on the back.

DrDawkinstein has it right: "Savage!"  All the better for being words that can be taken as perfectly respectful.  Head games for reals.

The 2 safeties led the team in tackles all unassisted making over 1/3 of the tackles.  What does that tell you about how well they were playing?  Also saw them taking blocks so others could make plays.

23 hours ago, purple haze said:

Nah,  he was showing Cam love.  Cam is pretty highly regarded by his peers from what I’ve seen over the years.

Andrew Luck always did that to anybody who hit him, complimented the guy for a good play. Head games? Maybe. But I’d like to think it’s real sportsmanship, especially these days. 

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The 2 safeties led the team in tackles all unassisted making over 1/3 of the tackles.  What does that tell you about how well they were playing?  Also saw them taking blocks so others could make plays.

Depends who you mean by "they".

When a team is running the ball, and your Safeties account for 1/3 of the tackles, that is NOT a good sign. It means the RBs are getting all the way to the 3rd level of defense.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Depends who you mean by "they".

When a team is running the ball, and your Safeties account for 1/3 of the tackles, that is NOT a good sign. It means the RBs are getting all the way to the 3rd level of defense.

Well, Kinda.  Usually it means that.

Every linebacker who played last Sunday had 11 tackles.

Poyer had 11 tackles.  Poyer + Marlow 16. 

I haven't watched the all-22 but it seems to me that Poyer was spending a lot of his day up near the LOS, maybe to make up for some of the Bills struggles at LB.  So it may not mean that.

It may mean Jordan Poyer is worth more than 3 of our current LBs.  "Pay Poyer", glad we did.