National Spotlight - Face it Buffalo is not much of a story

16 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I will disagree as I am an optimist on everyone except KC.  Pitt is really making many mistakes and have been lucky a few games.  Tenn is like us, good, not great & Baltimore if they're behind, they too are in trouble.

Again I'm high on the Bills once the coaching improves.  The losses (and last 4 games) show their deficiencies.

So, the losses are the fault of the coaches?  What about the FO who have drafted 2 not dominant defensive linemen with their last 2 top picks?  What about the players who haven't (yet) taken the next step?

On 11/5/2020 at 12:05 PM, High Football IQ said:

Regarding the national spotlight, the sad reality is the Miami hype vehicle is already gaining steam listening to some of the national talking heads the last few days. It's all about their thrashing of an apparently SB contender in the Rams and nobody really cares much that the Bills beat a diminished Pats team who has now lost 4 in a row.

In fact Colin Cowherd put the Dolphins in his top 10 teams this week with the Bills nowhere to be found. This is why I still caution all Bills fans to not count the proverbial chickens before they hatch because there are no guarantees this team wins the division and/or makes the playoffs this year and I tend to believe both are still a longshot especially if the Bills lose this week as expected and the Dolphins keep their momentum going in Arizona.

But assuming the Bills do win the division or make the playoffs again this year via WC, nobody outside of Buffalo is going to care unless they actually can win a game or two in the playoffs, which again isn't highly unlikely given the make up off this team and caliber of team they will be playing in the first round on the road as a WC or at home as the division winner.

Absolutely nobody is counting chickens with respect to the Bills. Every post acknowledges the remaining schedule is challenging, D is banged up and has underperformed. You seem to be counting your chics with Dolphins as if the trip to Arizona is just a formality. Again, one win vs a team with a winning record. 4 of those remain on your schedule. You replaced your above average performing QB with what one can generously say is an absolutely unproven rookie. Your starting RB just went on IR. Your D is good and we luckily dropped 30+ on you. Your late TD made that game closer than it was. I will agree with you on one thing. Until Bills win a playoff game the national spotlight will not shine. I would guess we would be a favorite at home vs Colts or toss up with Ravens. If we are fortunate enough to win the division from your favorite team , I would say one home playoff victory is plausible. Titans showed if you get hot anything can happen. JA certainly has that capability. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

After the way the Bills played the last 2 games i just don't see them beating the Hawks hell they couldn't eve n score a TD against the Jets what does that tell you a tea that has not 1 win and their offense is a dumpster fire scored a TD on us but even with all the" weapon" on offense they couldn't get 1 i was a bit better with the scoring against the Pats but they still just about blew it so my confidence isn't really that high at the moment .

I'll keep the faith but i'm thinking with the way Russel is playing it will be one for the L column  .

I feel like we are in position to win this game vs the Seapigs. We have seen Josh put up some amazing numbers in more than a few games and if he does that this week I think that we win this one. This team still has a mental block against the Patriots that is hopefully beginning to disappear. I expect the Bills to come out firing in the first half and hopefully McD keeps the hammer down. I feel like if we do lose this game it will be because McD goes into safe mode in the 2nd half and lets the Seapigs back in it. If McD does do this it will be an annoying trend that needs to be dealt with.

Smh, I don’t give a rats azs what the national media thinks of the Bills, the narrative is always the same regardless, there are other teams that have sucked for ages as well, the Browns, lions, currently the jets, the WFT, etc etc, it would be good if this constant looking over our shoulder for a pat on the back attitude would come to an end some day... jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

On 11/5/2020 at 3:05 PM, High Football IQ said:

Regarding the national spotlight, the sad reality is the Miami hype vehicle is already gaining steam listening to some of the national talking heads the last few days. It's all about their thrashing of an apparently SB contender in the Rams and nobody really cares much that the Bills beat a diminished Pats team who has now lost 4 in a row.

In fact Colin Cowherd put the Dolphins in his top 10 teams this week with the Bills nowhere to be found. This is why I still caution all Bills fans to not count the proverbial chickens before they hatch because there are no guarantees this team wins the division and/or makes the playoffs this year and I tend to believe both are still a longshot especially if the Bills lose this week as expected and the Dolphins keep their momentum going in Arizona.

But assuming the Bills do win the division or make the playoffs again this year via WC, nobody outside of Buffalo is going to care unless they actually can win a game or two in the playoffs, which again isn't highly unlikely given the make up off this team and caliber of team they will be playing in the first round on the road as a WC or at home as the division winner.

Miami does have its own forum you know. Enough of your Miami fascination crap. It's borderline crusading imo.