Brian Winters takedown move at RG

An interesting move the veteran seems to save for critical plays, did it at the goal line vs the Rams and again yesterday on Josh's TD keeper.

He stands up his guy and jerks him straight down and drops on top of him.  It looks like he must be grabbing the jersey underneath but however he does it, its a nasty takedown technique and super effective.  I'll try and link a vid.  They've moved him around a little but he's at RG here:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-rushes-for-a-2-yard-touchdown-bills-vs-patriots

• Like (+1) 2

I still do not want him playing significant minutes.  If Morse is out awhile (I think he will be) I would be more comfortable with the line looking like this.

LT - Dawkins

LG - Bates

C - Feliciano

RG - Boettger

RT - Williams.

Personally I would go with Feliciano at LG and Bates at C (but Allen comfortable with Feliciano under center, also that puts an experienced pivot in the middle of Bates and Boettger)

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I still do not want him playing significant minutes.  If Morse is out awhile (I think he will be) I would be more comfortable with the line looking like this.

LT - Dawkins

LG - Bates

C - Feliciano

RG - Boettger

RT - Williams.

Personally I would go with Feliciano at LG and Bates at C (but Allen comfortable with Feliciano under center, also that puts an experienced pivot in the middle of Bates and Boettger)

Yeah, I hope Bates gets some more playing time. I was pulling for him to make the team in the off-season because I liked what I saw from him last year. And his versatility is great.

I think Feliciano is more valuable as a Guard than a Center.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I hope Bates gets some more playing time. I was pulling for him to make the team in the off-season because I liked what I saw from him last year. And his versatility is great.

I think Feliciano is more valuable as a Guard than a Center.

I do too.. There was no skipping beat on the Drive Morse went down with Bates at Center.

However the QB trust there with Feliciano manning that pivot likely means he is Center.  Now IMO the next best OGs (with Ford out) are Bates and Boettger.  Winters needs to find the bench he is solid depth but I dont want him as a starter anymore

49 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I do too.. There was no skipping beat on the Drive Morse went down with Bates at Center.

However the QB trust there with Feliciano manning that pivot likely means he is Center.  Now IMO the next best OGs (with Ford out) are Bates and Boettger.  Winters needs to find the bench he is solid depth but I dont want him as a starter anymore

I think Feliciano is better at making the line blocking calls than Bates. That what Josh relies on.