What Policies of Trump will Biden Keep in Place?

snafu

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

(A) Testing is available widely.

(B) And yet, everyone's got PPE, after scrambling at the outset because both the prior administration and the current administration didn't have stockpiles and China bought up everything early on.

(D) Have you not seen the TRILLIONS spent to buttress the economy and the TRILLION+ coming?

You still haven't answered the question...what will Biden do that's different?

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, snafu said:

(A) Testing is available widely.

(B) And yet, everyone's got PPE, after scrambling at the outset because both the prior administration and the current administration didn't have stockpiles and China bought up everything early on.

(D) Have you not seen the TRILLIONS spent to buttress the economy and the TRILLION+ coming?

You still haven't answered the question...what will Biden do that's different?

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/16/919139204/trumps-and-biden-s-plans-on-the-coronavirus-pandemic#trumpplan

...so back to the illustrious (COUGH) "Barry Era" because he's too inept and mindless to have his own policies....anybody have Bongino on speed dial??...........

Biden would return to Obama-era immigration policies if elected, report says

Contrast between Trump and Biden’s immigration policies is 'stark,' Heritage Foundation says

By Adam Shaw | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: Joe Biden, if elected president, would undo a number of key Trump administration’s policies related to immigration, and specifically illegal immigration, a new report predicts -- concluding that the differences between the two candidates on the issues is “stark.”

“The contrast between President Trump and Biden’s immigration policies is stark,” the report by the conservative Heritage Foundation, obtained by Fox News ahead of its release, says.

“If Biden were to become president, he would return to many of the same immigration policies in place during the Obama administration. This would include protecting and expanding the DACA program, admitting at least 125,000 refugees annually and seeking amnesty for 11 million illegal aliens,” it says.

President Trump ran his 2016 campaign with immigration as a primary issue, particularly stopping illegal immigration across the southern border with Mexico, and kept it as a priority during his administration. Biden has promised to undo a number of the policies that Democrats have blasted as cruel.

Trump has pushed to end the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program that gives protection from deportation to some illegal immigrants who came to the country as children. However, he has hit roadblocks, particularly in the Supreme Court. Biden, the report notes, would give DACA recipients (whom he calls “Dreamers”) a roadmap to citizenship and reinstate the DACA program.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-obama-era-immmigration-policies-report

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

NPR says Biden wants more testing and more spending.

I haven't heard of anyone with symptoms who hasn't had the opportunity to be tested?

What does more testing mean?

Sounds no different than Trump, though the NPR article doesn't really mention that testing is going on now.

NPR says that Biden wants more PPE.

Are there shortages now?  I don't think so.

Sounds no different than Trump, though you wouldn't know it from the article.

NPR says that Biden wants a vaccine.

That's being worked on and it doesn't matter what the Federal Government does.

NPR does say that Trump wants a vaccine, too, so no difference there.

NPR says that Biden wants to study why minorities have been disproportionately affected.

Okay. That's one thing -- I think.  I don't really know about whether this is already being done or not..

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so back to the illustrious (COUGH) "Barry Era" because he's too inept and mindless to have his own policies....anybody have Bongino on speed dial??...........

Biden would return to Obama-era immigration policies if elected, report says

Contrast between Trump and Biden’s immigration policies is 'stark,' Heritage Foundation says

By Adam Shaw | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: Joe Biden, if elected president, would undo a number of key Trump administration’s policies related to immigration, and specifically illegal immigration, a new report predicts -- concluding that the differences between the two candidates on the issues is “stark.”

“The contrast between President Trump and Biden’s immigration policies is stark,” the report by the conservative Heritage Foundation, obtained by Fox News ahead of its release, says.

“If Biden were to become president, he would return to many of the same immigration policies in place during the Obama administration. This would include protecting and expanding the DACA program, admitting at least 125,000 refugees annually and seeking amnesty for 11 million illegal aliens,” it says.

President Trump ran his 2016 campaign with immigration as a primary issue, particularly stopping illegal immigration across the southern border with Mexico, and kept it as a priority during his administration. Biden has promised to undo a number of the policies that Democrats have blasted as cruel.

Trump has pushed to end the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program that gives protection from deportation to some illegal immigrants who came to the country as children. However, he has hit roadblocks, particularly in the Supreme Court. Biden, the report notes, would give DACA recipients (whom he calls “Dreamers”) a roadmap to citizenship and reinstate the DACA program.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-obama-era-immmigration-policies-report

We got a big country, there’s a lot of room here. 

Let's see...his immigration policy, his fiscal policy, his tax policy, health care policy.  Certainly continue his nepotism policies.

About the only thing Biden wouldn't keep is Trump's foreign policy.  Biden's definitely going to promote war in the Middle East and closer relations with both Russia and China.  In fact, the first thing Biden probably does is lift Trump's sanctions on both countries, and Iran.

21 minutes ago, New Improved DC Tom said:

Let's see...his immigration policy, his fiscal policy, his tax policy, health care policy.  Certainly continue his nepotism policies.

About the only thing Biden wouldn't keep is Trump's foreign policy.  Biden's definitely going to promote war in the Middle East and closer relations with both Russia and China.  In fact, the first thing Biden probably does is lift Trump's sanctions on both countries, and Iran.

Wait, there are sanctions on Russia?  Why would Putin want that?

What about enforcing NATO member countries commitments to pay their pledged percentages of their GDP?

We can foot that whole NATO bill again, right?  Those countries hate us for making them keep their word.  Need to get back into their good graces again.

3 hours ago, snafu said:

I don't need to.

His plan has been what he's done since this thing started. It wasn't good at first and it got better as it went along. This virus IS novel.  I wouldn't have expected any politico to have gotten everything right at the outset.

What part of his actions (OTHER than being a blowhard who says stupid things -- we all know about that) needs improvement?  Looks like Biden is proposing to:

(a) provide testing

(b) make sure people have PPP

(c) help find a vaccine

(d) make economic plans to help struggling individuals and economies

Sounds pretty much like what Trump has done.

How, exactly, has Trump's response to the coronavirus gotten "better"?   A president's words matter and his actions set examples for other Americans.  Trump has repeatedly ignored,denigrated, and defied public health measures, specifically mask wearing and social distancing, since at least April.  Trump has repeatedly attacked and/or insulted Fauci, Birx, and Redfield because they have steadfastly supported supported strategies proven to limit the spread of contagious diseases.  Trump has  downplayed the seriousness of the coronavirus, repeatedly comparing it to the seasonal flu even though he knew from the get-go just the opposite was true.  He has also touted unproven and even dangerous "cures" for Covid-19.  In the face of a new surge in the pandemic, Trump has ignored the epidemiologists on the WH coronavirus task force in favor of Scott Atlas' advocacy of "herd immunity" which is nothing more than pretending that the coronavirus has disappeared despite all facts to the contrary.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SoTier said:

How, exactly, has Trump's response to the coronavirus gotten "better"?   A president's words matter and his actions set examples for other Americans.  Trump has repeatedly ignored,denigrated, and defied public health measures, specifically mask wearing and social distancing, since at least April.  Trump has repeatedly attacked and/or insulted Fauci, Birx, and Redfield because they have steadfastly supported supported strategies proven to limit the spread of contagious diseases.  Trump has  downplayed the seriousness of the coronavirus, repeatedly comparing it to the seasonal flu even though he knew from the get-go just the opposite was true.  He has also touted unproven and even dangerous "cures" for Covid-19.  In the face of a new surge in the pandemic, Trump has ignored the epidemiologists on the WH coronavirus task force in favor of Scott Atlas' advocacy of "herd immunity" which is nothing more than pretending that the coronavirus has disappeared despite all facts to the contrary.

Ummmm, people are dying at a lower rate. That’s better, right?

16 minutes ago, snafu said:

Ummmm, people are dying at a lower rate. That’s better, right?

That's certainly not because of anything Covid Donnie has done or suggested, is it?   Doctors aren't injecting paitents with bleach to get rid of the coronavirus are they?  

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

That's certainly not because of anything Covid Donnie has done or suggested, is it?   Doctors aren't injecting paitents with bleach to get rid of the coronavirus are they?  

I’ve asked this general question before. Maybe you can answer it. If Trump is such an incompetent idiot why do you want him in charge of Covid? He’s not a doctor, he’s not a scientist. He bloviates and you think that the people in charge of Covid response do what he says? 

What policies will Biden keep that are from Trump’s administration?

7 hours ago, snafu said:

I’ve asked this general question before. Maybe you can answer it. If Trump is such an incompetent idiot why do you want him in charge of Covid? He’s not a doctor, he’s not a scientist. He bloviates and you think that the people in charge of Covid response do what he says? 

What policies will Biden keep that are from Trump’s administration?

The POTUS has what's called "the bully pulpit".  His words matter, not to experts, but to ordinary Americans.  Instead of supporting the public health experts within the government, he's spent almost six months undermining them with his words and actions, and his supporters follow his lead.  We see it at every single one of his campaign rallies where face masks are few and far between, and social distancing is non-existent.

I am sure that there are some minor policies from the Trump administration that Biden may continue, but I can't think of any major policies that Biden would continue.

8 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The POTUS has what's called "the bully pulpit".  His words matter, not to experts, but to ordinary Americans.  Instead of supporting the public health experts within the government, he's spent almost six months undermining them with his words and actions, and his supporters follow his lead.  We see it at every single one of his campaign rallies where face masks are few and far between, and social distancing is non-existent.

I am sure that there are some minor policies from the Trump administration that Biden may continue, but I can't think of any major policies that Biden would continue.

You are a total idiot....sorry. From the beginning the Trump Administration has put the States in charge of their own unique Covid policies. So how is this on Trump? I’m in California, and our Governor has enacted very strict restrictions. Doubt me? Just look at the recently completed baseball playoffs. Nobody in the stands in San Diego for ALCS, and yet people in the stands in Dallas for the NLCS and now the World Series. Trump hasn’t said a peep about Governor Newsom’s edicts. He’s letting the country work exactly as it should, with more localized control. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

You are a total idiot....sorry. From the beginning the Trump Administration has put the States in charge of their own unique Covid policies. So how is this on Trump? I’m in California, and our Governor has enacted very strict restrictions. Doubt me? Just look at the recently completed baseball playoffs. Nobody in the stands in San Diego for ALCS, and yet people in the stands in Dallas for the NLCS and now the World Series. Trump hasn’t said a peep about Governor Newsom’s edicts. He’s letting the country work exactly as it should, with more localized control. 

I'm the idiot????    I didn't realize that the coronavirus respected state lines.   

9 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I'm the idiot????    I didn't realize that the coronavirus respected state lines.   

Yes...you’re an idiot. You really think it’s good policy to enact strict restrictions in states where there’s been no significant outbreaks? I’m not sure who you think is infecting who here. Should all states enact California’s environmental laws?