Pretty shocking stat I just heard on Michael Kay Show

JerseyBills

16 hours ago, DallasMac said:

Tj was before Wilson.  Troupe was before Gronkowski. 

Re Graham -  a few years ago I saw something on ESPN where Seattle was talking about the Wilson pick. The guy was describing how in the Seattle war room their heads were hanging low when Buffalo traded up because it was known that they liked Wilson. Then there was jubilation with the Graham pick because they felt if Wilson went past that pick he would fall to Seattle. Hated reliving that one.

Re Troupe - Funny (funny ironic not funny haha) how teams shied away from Gronk because of a college back injury and Troupe's career never took off because of his back.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Imagine how the other team's fans feel when they see them listed with the Bills :D

No kidding....sad.  I mean to be lumped in with the Lions in particular is just awful.....the last NFC championship game they played in was 1991 - that would have been some SB - Bills against the Lions - the battle for Lake Erie....their last championship was 1957!!!

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm driving home , I live in NYC area so I flip on the Kay show and a caller brings up Dallas, blames Jerry Jones. 

Long story short, Don La Greca hates Jones and they're going back n forth and La Greca says the Cowboys are 1 of 8 teams to not make a Championship Game since 1996. 

I quickly do the math and I'm shocked that 75% of the NFL has been to an AFC or NFC title game since 96 and of course Buffalo is 1 of 8 teams that hasn't.  Also mentioned Texans being a team that hasn't but they started up in 02. 

Just thought that was unbelievable.  I'd have never guessed that 75% has been to a title game in 23 years. 

My point, aside from being shocked ,as most of you know,  is we are starved for success and that's definitely one of the reasons we tend to overreact.  

That's really interesting.  I kept wrestling with it in my head, and then I realized that what's going on here is cherry picking the data.  It all depends what period you pick.  

Go back to the year the Kelly teams first want to the AFC championship.  Start with that year, and I'm sure the Bills are ABOVE average for championship game appearances.  How about Super Bowl appearances in the last 30 years?   Way above average.  

Yes, we're still some on a pretty bad streak.  But we're stuck in it because all of the Bills' successful years came in a tight bunch.  

19 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Not to pile on, but here’s a YouTube of the last playoff game we ever won...

(12/30/95)

Thanks for posting this.   I'd forgotten how good a receiver Tasker was when pressed into service that year at WR.   This was a fun game to watch again!

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Before the season.

Fair enough. Right now it looks like you were a bit overoptimistic.

Before the season I thought it most likely that they'd make the playoffs, probably win the division (though when the Pats got Cam, I thought the odds of that dropped) but not be a serious SB contender. If pinned down I might have guessed #4 - 6 in the AFC.

I didn't expect Allen to be nearly as good as he is, or for the defense to be this bad.

• Like (+1) 1

Cowboys fan shoots TV after loss to Cardinals 🙂

A video posted by Daniel Cisneros on Facebook shows a fan in a Dak Prescott jersey breaking a TV with what appears to be a beer can, punching it multiple times, then pulling out a pistol and firing several rounds into it. 

It's not just the fans who were upset, as players also sounded off on the coaching staff. Anonymous Cowboys told NFL network that the coaches are "totally unprepared" and "just aren't good at their jobs."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cowboys-fan-shoots-tv-after-loss-to-cardinals

On 10/20/2020 at 5:19 PM, uticaclub said:

Its not an overaction at all. Its statistically improbable how inept we have been and we’ve seen too many John McCargos, Torell Troups, JP Losmans, Trent Edwards, TJ Grahams, etc to not think that the guys we high hopes for are all busts. This was suppose to be the year we were contenders and were no where near ready

Oof.  TJ graham.  A deep threat who cant track the ball and catch it over his shoulder. 

32 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Oof.  TJ graham.  A deep threat who cant track the ball and catch it over his shoulder. 

and we traded up to get him instead of Russ. He reminds be for current defensive lineman that can't rush the passer or stand up to stuff to run