Bills have Valid Excuses for two losses

BITE ME

1 minute ago, FUTURIST said:

This Defense struggled primarily due to injuries.  They are not healthy.  White, Milano, Edmunds, Wallace, and Oliver are all banged up.  

Edmunds, Wallace and Oliver are mediocre players. Them being healthy doesn’t suddenly transform this defense into anything good.

You’re in denial my friend. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Edmunds, Wallace and Oliver are mediocre players. Them being healthy doesn’t suddenly transform this defense into anything good.

Edmunds is mediocre?  lol

19 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Chiefs and titans are simply better teams.

According to the results, the two best teams in the AFC last year. We still have work to do, but I think we knew that. 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Excuses are nonsense in the NFL, but let's face it, the Bills have been at a huge disadvantage for the last two weeks.  We will find out what the Bills are really made of over the next four games.  Jets/Pats/Seahawks/Cardinals.  Roll into the bye at 7-3 or even 8-2 and all is forgotten.

Titans. 

1) Forced to prepare for both the Titans and Chiefs.  Not an easy task. Unheard of in the NFL.

2) Missing #2 receiver who basically stretches the field for the Bills

3) Missing #1 corner

4) Missing star LB in Milano. 

5) Titans had two weeks rest. 

Chiefs. 

1) They then had to to play the world champions on short rest off a road game.

The excuses are, as much as we laud Beane for the progress he has made on this roster, we don't have much elite level talent. So, against elite teams, we get exposed. 

- Quarterback - Allen misses throws. I wondered if Allen through 4 weeks was the permanent Allen, and its not, he's regressed back some towards 2019. He misses throws and will just chuck up prayers. 

- No Tight End. The Bills franchise has never had a quality tight end. We said it when Kroft was signed, he is a subpar NFL athlete, why are they paying him like this? Knox has turned out to be an injury plagued, raw project. 

- Our running backs are slow. Singletary is too slow to make big plays. If it's blocked perfectly, he has wiggle to make yards. Zach Moss looks too slow. 

- Our offensive line is mediocre. The Bills could have had DK Metcalf. Instead, we drafted Cody Ford and he stinks. Like the defensive line, it's a bunch of guys. Morse at Center stabilized that position.  

- Defensive Line - A bunch of guys. Epenesa needs a year in the weight room, he's too upright. Hughes is over 30, Murphy is over 30, Oliver makes zero difference. It's a bunch of guys. Not one real difference maker. 

- Linebacker is thin. Didn't draft a linebacker in 2020,  and 2019 pick Vosean Joseph didn't pan out, Lorenzo Alexander retired. AJ Kline = Kawika Mitchell.  

- Cornerback - Josh Norman is done. Not an NFL player anymore. Too slow, too old, too limited to one scheme. Again, didn't draft one until the 7th Round and brought back the same bunch. And for as good of a name as Tre White is, he's made no impact plays. Last year the Bills got away with only keep 4 corners on the opening day roster because they stayed healthy and played a bunch of bad QBs. This year, White is not as good, Wallace is hurt, Gaines opted out, and you're left playing Josh Norman. 

- Safety - Quietly getting older, and again, Bills fans cling to them because of some PFF ratings 2 years ago, but no impact plays. 

54 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Excuses are nonsense in the NFL, but let's face it, the Bills have been at a huge disadvantage for the last two weeks.  We will find out what the Bills are really made of over the next four games.  Jets/Pats/Seahawks/Cardinals.  Roll into the bye at 7-3 or even 8-2 and all is forgotten.

Titans. 

1) Forced to prepare for both the Titans and Chiefs.  Not an easy task. Unheard of in the NFL.

2) Missing #2 receiver who basically stretches the field for the Bills

3) Missing #1 corner

4) Missing star LB in Milano. 

5) Titans had two weeks rest. 

Chiefs. 

1) They then had to to play the world champions on short rest off a road game.

Is this you MR McDermott?

Bills have looked bad for the past 2 games and the second half of the Rams game (except for the one drive).  That's 2 1/2 losses in my book.  They've been outscored 41-7 in the 3rd quarter.  They miss assignments on defense and yesterday took horrible 15 yard penalties by veteran players.

Something is not right, and I don't think it's the talent level.

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I agree with all of this. 

Oliver was compared to a poor-man's Aaron Donald. 

He has proven to be nothing but a light-in-the-pants 280 pound DT that gets pushed around and gets a mop up/chase down sack every once in awhile. 

Edmunds = Sammy Watkins. Like Sammy Watkins with the Bills, we keep waiting for this explosion, it's not going to come. He gets by on size and athleticism, but he has no instincts. 

Wallace - That's fans hanging onto PFF ratings from 2 years ago. He's a 4.64 cornerback and he now is hurt. End of last year, hurt, this year now hurt.  

Just now, Dan Darragh said:

Don't tell that to Pete Metzelaars

What did he have? 

3,000 career yards and 15 TDs? 

Edit: Looked it up, he had 3,686 yards and 29 TDs for his career. 

For the Bills he had: 2,921 yards and 25 TDs in 10 years. I stand by my assessment. The Bills have never had a quality Tight End in their Franchise History. 

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

Excuses are nonsense in the NFL, but let's face it, the Bills have been at a huge disadvantage for the last two weeks. 

They did not last night.  Milano was out and that's a big loss.  But it's the NFL, next man up.

KC was down Watkins, and their O-Line is all jumbled up.  Yet that patchwork O-Line chewed up and spit out the Bills D. How many yards rushing did the D give up to that makeshift O-Line of the Chiefs ... a team that generally does not run much?

Titans practiced either once or twice during the 2 weeks prior to playing the Bills and all kinds of covid issues.   Then they played Sunday, not Monday so had a even shorter week to prepare, and won.  Who was at a disadvantage?

There was no excuse.  It was in Buffalo and in the rain.  As the commentators (yeah Aikman sucks but they got this right) mentioned in the first half, McCoach could not have requested better conditions for that game.  Reid and the KC players adapted.  McCoach, who IMO is generally a decent to good prep coach but is not good at all on game-day did not, and you get two of the D leaders taking stupid personal fouls and Diggs walking back to the line taking that penalty in the 2nd half.  

The Bills lost to two good teams.  Those teams are better than they are, particularly KC.  If/when they get fully healthy and get Bell into the mix, I'm not sure who beats them.  That's the only "excuse" the Bills have.

Edited by CodeMonkey

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What did he have? 

3,000 career yards and 15 TDs? 

Edit: Looked it up, he had 3,686 yards and 29 TDs for his career. 

For the Bills he had: 2,921 yards and 25 TDs in 10 years. I stand by my assessment. The Bills have never had a quality Tight End in their Franchise History. 

On that team it was a situational team, when you needed a big play he was always there, and he played tough in the running game.

24 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

This Defense struggled primarily due to injuries.  They are not healthy.  White, Milano, Edmunds, Wallace, and Oliver are all banged up.  

The D sucked even to start the year when they were healthy they have sucked all year with guys in or out of the lineup..they cant stop ANYONE in ANY game...and havent...even games they got way up in they made close because they couldnt stop anyone on D. Now the O sucks too 16/17 points and Tenn D also sucks....KC isnt world beaters on D but they are ok.