Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

7 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

sorry you may have caught me in a edit. what was the context for that quote you want a link for.

offensive is a pretty loose term. if you think a company should ban people for this then its free reign to do as they please as that can defined as anything really.  

as for the rest read my response above. more input and conversations are a good thing even if we don't agree.

And yet they say nothing when Iran tweets “death to America” and it is allowed to stay up.  :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

And yet they say nothing when Iran tweets “death to America” and it is allowed to stay up.  :rolleyes:

people seem to not understand its not particularly about the actions that are taken. its the unbalanced actions.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

sorry you may have caught me in a edit. what was the context for that quote you want a link for.

speaking of which. 

edit: so i see what i wrote. you want a link to what is expected of websites when it comes to its operation as a platform?

heres the first article i found.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/platform-or-publisher-15888.html

offensive is a pretty loose term. if you think a company should ban people for this then its free reign to do as they please. that can defined as anything really.  

as for the rest read my previous response. more input and conversations are a good thing even if we don't agree.

Thanks, that's article sums it all up pretty nicely. However, "publisher" and "host" are incorrect labels. Facebook and the other social media companies are the moderators. They are not liable for what is posted, but can remove whatever they want.

Personally, I'd love to see that exemption removed. 

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I haven't seen anyone admonish the term "China variant."

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 5:49 AM, LeGOATski said:

Link?

I'm pretty sure it's not illegal to be offensive, but any platform can shut a user down for being offensive. 

Bottom line is that we're trying to control these private companies; maybe even want the government to control them, but that is all sorts of wrong.

Facebook is driven by what their consumers want and that's the way it should be. Their decisions are based on money. So if they're mass-blocking certain stories like, it's because it affects their bottom dollar.

Censorship itself is a very interesting topic. It will be more interesting if you analyze social networks, drawing attention to this. For example, even the case of insult that you described. I decided to look for some information and ended up on the site https://paperap.com/paper-on-social-media-analysis/ where I read about several methods. It turns out to be long and difficult, but even if you just look at the news feed, you can see censorship markers. Or, for example, bloggers' complaints about a block of certain content, or Trump`s account blocking on Twitter. Moreover, each social network has its own rules :)

Censorship is a very interesting topic in itself. It becomes more interesting if you analyze social media drawing attention to this. For example, even the case of the insult that you described.

Edited by Mark90

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UN, US, Facebook and Smartmatic Executives Conspired Together Before the 2020 Election and Many of Same Officials Now Trying to Stop or Derail 2020 Election Audits Taking Place

by Joe Hoft

The UN and some US entities worked before and after the 2018 and 2020 elections and many of the same players in these efforts are now trying to derail or stop 2020 election audits in the US today. Harri Hursti, Ph.D., computer scientist, and Elizabeth Howard, Cybersecurity and Elections Counsel of the radical, Soros-funded nonprofit, the Brennan Center for Justice in Manhattan, are both experts in election cybersecurity. In 2018 they were part of a UN initiative surrounding election cybersecurity and now they are part of efforts to derail or sabotage audits of the 2020 election, Howard in Maricopa County, Arizona, and Hursti in Windham, New Hampshire.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/06/breaking-exclusive-un-us-facebook-smartmatic-executives-connived-together-2020-election-now-trying-stop-derail-2020-election-audits-taking-place/

• Shocked 1

41 minutes ago, B-Man said:

UN, US, Facebook and Smartmatic Executives Conspired Together Before the 2020 Election and Many of Same Officials Now Trying to Stop or Derail 2020 Election Audits Taking Place

by Joe Hoft

The UN and some US entities worked before and after the 2018 and 2020 elections and many of the same players in these efforts are now trying to derail or stop 2020 election audits in the US today. Harri Hursti, Ph.D., computer scientist, and Elizabeth Howard, Cybersecurity and Elections Counsel of the radical, Soros-funded nonprofit, the Brennan Center for Justice in Manhattan, are both experts in election cybersecurity. In 2018 they were part of a UN initiative surrounding election cybersecurity and now they are part of efforts to derail or sabotage audits of the 2020 election, Howard in Maricopa County, Arizona, and Hursti in Windham, New Hampshire.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/06/breaking-exclusive-un-us-facebook-smartmatic-executives-connived-together-2020-election-now-trying-stop-derail-2020-election-audits-taking-place/

The partisan audits???  lmao - get out of here Bonnie

ps - why was the GP kicked off Twitter lol?

20 hours ago, BillStime said:

The partisan audits???  lmao - get out of here Bonnie

ps - why was the GP kicked off Twitter lol?

Let them audit all they want...we have nothing to worry about since these were the most fair elections in US history...