McD figured out the old saying "The Best Defense is a Good Offense"

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

That’s a fair assessment..... I’d also add they NEVER attempted to go for points with plenty of time remaining before halftime with the ball and a lead. It was always run it out to half.... that was a must needed change that’s also taken place this year. 

Again no one knows how differently things may have played out.  

I say I saw this in Allen all the time and posted countless times, especially with those who wanted the Bills to give up on Allen, that the issue was the Offense and that they just needed to let him go out and play and throw "caution to the wind" proverbially (not saying throw it 50 times, just more and in better situations).  

We all know & point out to Allen's fourth quarter comebacks and how many games have been won when Allen needed to produce.  My point was this happened in the 4th, because more often then not they were conservative the first 3 quarters.

How we continue to debate facts that aren't debateable i.e. Offensive ranking, passing yards, attempts & points scored by the offense astounds me.

Yes we can debate we saw different things i.e. were receivers open, right reads, dropped balls, difficult catches, bad passes vs. good..... but the actual #'s are there and the Bills offense was terrible & I blamed it more on the coaching & playcalling then Allen.

Sorry 4 games into 2020 & I am right.

Again would 2019 Allen have played at the level of 2020 Allen.....  No, but I certainly think his #'s could have been much better. 

Edited by Billsfan1972

35 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I say I saw this in Allen all the time and posted countless times, especially with those who wanted the Bills to give up on Allen, that the issue was the Offense and that they just needed to let him go out and play and throw "caution to the wind" proverbially (not saying throw it 50 times, just more and in better situations).  

We all know & point out to Allen's fourth quarter comebacks and how many games have been won when Allen needed to produce.  My point was this happened in the 4th, because more often then not they were conservative the first 3 quarters.

How we continue to debate facts that aren't debateable i.e. Offensive ranking, passing yards, attempts & points scored by the offense astounds me.

Yes we can debate we saw different things i.e. were receivers open, right reads, dropped balls, difficult catches, bad passes vs. good..... but the actual #'s are there and the Bills offense was terrible & I blamed it more on the coaching & playcalling then Allen.

Again would 2019 Allen have played at the level of 2020 Allen.....  No, but I certainly think his #'s could have been much better. 

Who cares about individual numbers?  The coaches were trying to win football games.  They went with a gameplan they felt would both win games and develop Allen.  Seems to be working out ok to me.  Oh no.... Allen didnt get 300 yards last year.  Wooptie doooo.  They made the playoffs and got experience.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

My god, nothing you have proven is right.  You have the oddest thought process and that’s why you’re heavily criticized on here.

You just ramble on and regurgitate the same thing over and over.

Your only evidence that you’re right is that Allen has better numbers.  That’s it...literally.  You won’t even consider that Allen himself made the jump like many QB’s do.  Of all the greats, they’re usually better year three than one....OMG no way really?

Why don’t you stop think so narrow minded and actually give credit to this coaching staff for developing him?  Or are you going to argue Allen developed himself?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My god, nothing you have proven is right.  You have the oddest thought process and that’s why you’re heavily criticized on here.

Your only evidence that you’re right is that Allen has better numbers.  That’s it...literally.  You won’t even consider that Allen himself made the jump like many QB’s do.  Of all the greats, they’re usually better year three than one....OMG no way really?

Why don’t you stop think so narrow minded and actually give credit to this coaching staff for developing him?  Or are you going to argue Allen developed himself?

I commend this post to the House.

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And you guys just refuse to acknowledge, that the coaching staff to some extent may have held him back.  That's what I say and you continue to look at the 25-23 record in the same vain as Bill Belichek's superbowl wins.

30, 29 & 24th Ranked Offense stinks!!!!!!  And that too you refuse to acknowledge.

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And you guys just refuse to acknowledge, that the coaching staff to some extent may have held him back.  That's what I say and you continue to look at the 25-23 record in the same vain as Bill Belichek's superbowl wins.

30, 29 & 24th Ranked Offense stinks!!!!!!  And that too you refuse to acknowledge.

Since you don’t have the ability to keep up with a conversation, this can’t continue.  My god.

21 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So his 12% increase in completions is because they let him throw the ball more often?   Or is it more likely that his accuracy, decision making, and players around him all got better?

Allen has made one of the biggest leaps at QB and you are actually complaining about the way he is being developed.  How can anyone take that seriously?

Edited by Scott7975

29 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

So his 12% increase in completions is because they let him throw the ball more often?   Or is it more likely that his accuracy, decision making, and players around him all got better?

Allen has made one of the biggest leaps at QB and you are actually complaining about the way he is being developed.  How can anyone take that seriously?

Again missing the point.  Who is 100% certain that he couldn't have been better last season.

We're all on the same team, but you guys are blind in your loyalty to McD and seem to think he did everything right on a team at the very bottom of the league in offense in his first three years.....

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Since you don’t have the ability to keep up with a conversation, this can’t continue.  My god.

Pot calling kettle.  I am the one saying I've been very happy with McD this year, and you continue to say McD was beyond reproach years 1-3 wrt offense and continue to argue that he got the most out of Allen years 1-2, which I disagree with.  

I also insist they could have done a better job talent wise that side of the ball.

How much worse could the Offense have been.

Edited by Billsfan1972

On 10/8/2020 at 7:34 AM, GunnerBill said:

McDermott coaches to his talent. He is one of the best Head Coaches in the NFL outside the obvious big name Superbowl winners - Belichick, Reid, Payton, Harbaugh, Carroll. He will want to get some of the issues ironed out on defense and I'm sure he will, but he has always won games the way his talent allows him to.

This for sure.  People gave him crap for being too conservative on offense the 1st couple years, but the offense just wasnt good enough for risk/reward type plays.  He went from Tyrod to a rookie QB, with a weak WR corp and with a depleted line after Incognito and Wood surprisingly left one year.

2 hours ago, spartacus said:

Play calling has been big reason for 2020 success

falcons_runheavy-1024x575.jpg

play calling is based on talent.  the more talented passing teams pass more.  these outcomes are based on talent, not play calling. The vikings wont be good simply by calling more first & 2nd down passing plays.