GDT: Vice Presidential Debate

Mike Pence Destroyed Kamala Harris, and the Media Settle On a Pathetic Excuse

This is how you know she lost.

Mike Pence debated Kamala Harris last night, and it was not a pretty sight for the Democrat. As per her usual arrangement, Harris ended up grimacing, cackling, and making faces most of the night because she had no ability to respond substantively to most questions.

In the end, Pence was a solid winner, having put in the best debate performance of the entire political season so far, including the primaries. But the media can’t just let Pence be the winner of a debate he obviously won. Instead, they’ve come up with one of the more pathetic excuses to brush aside a rather horrid performance by Harris. Apparently, Pence was not being fair to her because he “mansplained” the whole night.

The talking points went out immediately.

{snip}

But that’s where we are. Pence destroyed Harris so they needed to come up with a reason for why she lost. It doesn’t matter that she talked more. It doesn’t matter that Pence had to debate the moderator as well. They want voters to believe that things were somehow unfairly tilted toward the orange man’s campaign. It’s insane, but it’s the same playbook they use every single time.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/10/08/mike-pence-destroyed-kamala-harris-and-the-media-settle-on-a-pathetic-excuse/

• Haha (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

She is not.  Many people can memorize information and utilize it such as a lawyer but that does not make them smart.  These same people often make bad decisions with respect to mates, friends, investments, criminal undertakings, etc..  For that matter there are a number of people who passed the bar in their state but are terrible lawyers.  I had the misfortune to have to deal with one.  

Ya, but Trump is just a dope. Harris seems petty intelligent and articulate. Trump can’t even answer simple questions

Just now, Tiberius said:

Ya, but Trump is just a dope. Harris seems petty intelligent and articulate. Trump can’t even answer simple questions

No one answered questions last night. They gave 2 minute speeches. 

That's better than "debate" #1 but still. 

• Like (+1) 1

(CNN)More Americans said Sen. Kamala Harris did the best job in the vice presidential debate Wednesday night, according to a CNN Instant Poll of registered voters who watched. About 6 in 10 (59%) said Harris won, while 38% said Vice President Mike Pence had the better night.

Those results roughly matched voters' expectations heading into the debate. In interviews conducted before the debate, 61% of those same voters said they expected Harris to win, 36% thought Pence would.

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So much wrong with your statement.  You missed the point which is not surprising in the least.  People can be well spoken but still be incapable, unintelligent, etc..

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

So much wrong with your statement.  You missed the point which is not surprising in the least.  People can be well spoken but still be incapable, unintelligent, etc..

Sure, it's possible. But Trump also acts stupid, just look at how he has made the WH a friggin Leper colony 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

(CNN)More Americans said Sen. Kamala Harris did the best job in the vice presidential debate Wednesday night, according to a CNN Instant Poll of registered voters who watched. About 6 in 10 (59%) said Harris won, while 38% said Vice President Mike Pence had the better night.

Those results roughly matched voters' expectations heading into the debate. In interviews conducted before the debate, 61% of those same voters said they expected Harris to win, 36% thought Pence would.

I find these insta polls to be 98% junk. I’ll wait to see what the presidential polls conducted after the debate tell us. 
I guess the 2% useful portion tells me this: it appears unlikely that set opinions were swayed at all. 

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

CNN?

Jennifer Lawrence Laughing - TV Fanatic

12 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Many of the judges he has filled those vacancies with are unqualified. They are all conservative.

It is not the same, no.

Late to this thread. Are you actually criticizing Trump for filling the judgeships that Obama/Biden were incapable of filling? Seriously, you thought making a comment like the above was better than keeping your mouth shut? 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

All for various reasons per the ABA. One name off the top of my head if you are actually curious is Lawrence VanDyke who per the ABA from what I remember was lazy and unqualified to practice law among dozens of other things.  

Not always

See?

Well, that's certainly some definitive reasons. The ABA stated that he was lazy and unqualified among dozens of other things? You're lacking in specifics and your post is horseshit. 

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

CNN?

Jennifer Lawrence Laughing - TV Fanatic

Can I ask? 

Is Global warming a hoax, too? 

35 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I find these insta polls to be 98% junk. I’ll wait to see what the presidential polls conducted after the debate tell us. 
I guess the 2% useful portion tells me this: it appears unlikely that set opinions were swayed at all. 

This debate won't change any minds. 

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

Pence dismantled debriefed Harris.

So the entire Left/media will talk about pinkeye and a rogue fly.

😎

FIFY. And it wasn't the first time. 

Just now, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

You're an ass

Ah, I see you've been taking posting lessons from Tiberius. 

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Well, that's certainly some definitive reasons. The ABA stated that he was lazy and unqualified among dozens of other things? You're lacking in specifics and your post is horseshit. 

These are the intelligent, highbrow comments that we have come to expect from you.  

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Late to this thread. Are you actually criticizing Trump for filling the judgeships that Obama/Biden were incapable of filling? Seriously, you thought making a comment like the above was better than keeping your mouth shut? 

Wow.  And you thought making a comment like the one that followed this post fo yours was better than keeping your mouth shut.  

Well done.  Hoax. 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

A competent Biden - We wouldn't be in this situation in the first place if the president would've taken the situation more seriously.  The death per capita is near the top compared to nearly every major industrialized country.  Now because of the Trump's administration's incompetence we must institute a national mask policy so businesses can reopen safely without a spike in cases.  The mandate can't be relaxed until we get a vaccine in which the president has repeatedly assured us in coming very soon.  Then we can get our economy up and rolling again.

A competent Trump - We had record low unemployment before the China virus.  Our administration shut down flights for China despite criticism from the Democrats.  We provided all the PPE equipment the governors asked for.  A vaccine will be coming very soon but we can't afford to close down again.  I trust the American citizens to take the proper safety precautions until a vaccine is available and widely distributed.  Then you'll see a great economic comeback like never before.

Do I think either candidate can give a coherent response like that?  No.  Do I think they'd be constantly interrupting each other?  Yes.

I don't know where you have been but this is exactly what Trump has been saying. 

• Like (+1) 1