Banned usernames

SDS

16 minutes ago, westside2 said:

SDS and most of the mods are left leaning. It's no secret why more Trump supporters are suspended than the trolls on the left. It's sad really. Is it that hard to put your believes aside and be neutral when you're a mod? 

Whether or not this is true, they don't have a duty to anyone to be neutral or fair.  The only thing they might stand to lose is site traffic.  

It's not like this is a business with a financial incentive to keep you posting here, or a government agency bound by certain regulations.  

In my experience, expecting any moderator on the internet to be fair and neutral is an exercise in futility.  Even amongst the people/groups that have a duty to be impartial in the real world, the impartiality is often imperfect.  

Imo, it's obvious to me that the mods seemingly let PPP be the right-wing wild west that it is and only step in during extreme circumstances.  

Edited by Capco
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Capco said:

Whether or not this is true, they don't have a duty to anyone to be neutral or fair.  The only thing they might stand to lose is site traffic.  

It's not like this is a business with a financial incentive to keep you posting here, or a government agency bound by certain regulations.  

In my experience, expecting any moderator on the internet to be fair and neutral is an exercise in futility.  Even amongst the people/groups that have a duty to be impartial, the impartiality is often imperfect.  

Imo, it's obvious to me that the mods seemingly let PPP be the right-wing wild west that it is and only step in during extreme circumstances.  

Well, I guess expecting any kind of professional decorum is too much to ask. You don't have to belong to a "side' to be fair. That comes from having strong moral character to do the right thing even when you don't have too. That's what made this country great. This board may have been right wing slanted, believe me, I know.I was a staunch democrat who took my lumps from the same people being chased away. Did I cry to the mods after getting my ass handed to me by facts,which after looking up, realized I was wrong? Nope I licked my wounds and took the advice given to me and became a more informed citizen. Now, it's suspend everyone who doesn't agree with the left wing agenda and then joke about it in the shoutbox. Real classy.........

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Capco said:

In my experience, expecting any moderator on the internet to be fair and neutral is an exercise in futility.  Even amongst the people/groups that have a duty to be impartial in the real world, the impartiality is often imperfect.  

The Righties are operating under the delusion that they own PPP, and they're in high dudgeon because some of us Lefties have shown up and refuse to be intimidated by them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I think he was referring to his defense of pedophiles here. He's one of those who pooh-poohed every mention of sex trafficking and pedophilia.

right, he wasn’t lawyering while defending (my understanding of the situation).  Thus a pedohplile lawyer, under any interpretation of the phrase, was wildly immature and false.  

I don't know anything about SDS's politics, but I'd be surprised if he's a "lefty." Likewise with most (all?) of the mods.

"Lefty" seems to mean "not voting for Trump" in PPP. I get thrown in with the so-called lefty carpetbaggers who muscled in on an invitation-only Trump rally.

That's where the world is now. If Romney were running against Joe, I'd be voting for Romney. If the ghost of John McCain were running against Joe, I'd be voting for it. If the second coming of Ronald Reagan were running against Joe, I'd be tempted to illegally ballot harvest for him.

And yet I'm a "lefty" here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't know anything about SDS's politics, but I'd be surprised if he's a "lefty." Likewise with most (all?) of the mods.

"Lefty" seems to mean "not voting for Trump" in PPP. I get thrown in with the so-called lefty carpetbaggers who muscled in on an invitation-only Trump rally.

That's where the world is now. If Romney were running against Joe, I'd be voting for Romney. If the ghost of John McCain were running against Joe, I'd be voting for it. If the second coming of Ronald Reagan were running against Joe, I'd be tempted to illegally ballot harvest for him.

What about Nixon?

15 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Now, it's suspend everyone who doesn't agree with the left wing agenda and then joke about it in the shoutbox. Real classy.........

Good post except for this comment imo.  

There's still a vast, vast majority of people remaining who disagree with the left wing agenda that haven't been suspended.  

10 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

right, he wasn’t lawyering while defending (my understanding of the situation).  Thus a pedohplile lawyer, under any interpretation of the phrase, was wildly immature and false.  

Weak sauce defense. He was defending pedophiles at least from a distance. Several posters made fun of DR's abhorrence of sex trafficking and pedophilia. Most were like BillSlime, just posting his disagreement for the hell of it. We can be pretty well assured that no pedophile gave 3rd Chair a retainer but I've see a lot of weaker cases trying to be made here. 

27 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Well, I guess expecting any kind of professional decorum is too much to ask. You don't have to belong to a "side' to be fair. That comes from having strong moral character to do the right thing even when you don't have too. That's what made this country great. This board may have been right wing slanted, believe me, I know.I was a staunch democrat who took my lumps from the same people being chased away. Did I cry to the mods after getting my ass handed to me by facts,which after looking up, realized I was wrong? Nope I licked my wounds and took the advice given to me and became a more informed citizen. Now, it's suspend everyone who doesn't agree with the left wing agenda and then joke about it in the shoutbox. Real classy.........

The very structure of the Shoutbox makes it difficult to have reasoned discussions. It attracts the segment of TSW with an attention span of of a gnat. I view it as the kiddie table here. 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

I don't think I've seen anything definitive stating that DR was actually banned. I'm hoping that he was one of the 30-day suspensions. 

My thought exactly, His name is not specifically mentioned on the list.......unless he's one of the mystery two?

9 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

My thought exactly, His name is not specifically mentioned on the list.......unless he's one of the mystery two?

I believe that SDS posted that DR was permanently banned in the WTF thread.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Did you vote for Romney or McCain?

16 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

And if you want to play the grammar game, and if you had no intent to cast me as a pedophile, perhaps you should have said “lawyer for pedophiles” (which, to be clear, is untrue).  But you didn’t.  “Vile” is overused on this board, but to casually cast someone as a pedophile is a vile, disgusting, and unacceptable thing.  You deserved what you got.  And, instead of whining about how you now allegedly have become the victim, perhaps you could apologize for the gross insinuation that you casually cast into the public domain.  

Saint C3 the defamed.

Hoax.

9 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

ummm is he a “pedophile lawyer” as you define it???  Or is that made up as well?

god some people love to be persecuted.  

Like poor, poor C3.