Allen has stopped running??? Any reason

I thought I'd resuscitate my old thread as again vs. Tennessee he didn't run.

Seems one of his greatest assets has been removed from his game.  

How Tannehill, Fitz, Wentz & a plethora of young QB's all seem to be evading the pocket and making big plays with their feet, Allen in the last three games has not.  

Not sure why this is happening. 

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I thought I'd resuscitate my old thread as again vs. Tennessee he didn't run.

Seems one of his greatest assets has been removed from his game.  

How Tannehill, Fitz, Wentz & a plethora of young QB's all seem to be evading the pocket and making big plays with their feet, Allen in the last three games has not.  

Not sure why this is happening. 

The team finally figured out if he gets hurt and misses time the season is over. Allen and/or Daboll have been instructed to have Allen run less. 

Edited by Billznut

48 minutes ago, Billznut said:

The team finally figured out if he gets hurt and misses time the season is over. Allen and/or Daboll have been instructed to have Allen run less. 

Not saying called runs, but some controlled roll outs or when protection breaksdown, run.  Seems to be a little hesitent of late.  Tannehill gashed the Bills & other QB's seem to be doing it more often, while Allen is doing it less.

Yesterday is a perfect example, if only rushing 3 and dropping 8 then there should have been some lanes open.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again yesterday we saw some good rushing performances by QB's (& expect Kyler Murray to put up #'s tonight).  Hope Allen's feet are part of the game plan (i.e. some scrambles).  

200.webp

On 10/5/2020 at 8:50 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

No I don't want him to be Lamar or Kyler, but not one run this week (QB sneak for TD notwithstanding), but wondering as to the reasoning.  

Seemed there were some opportunities and certainly understand being careful after the injury, however this too was evident in the LA game too.

They didn't run him much at all against the Titans.  I wondered about it too.

The most dangerous thing he brings to a game is his running; they need to do more of it, not less.

I am thinking he is nursing an injury, but that is only a guess.

I hope he runs a LOT against the Chiefs.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

They didn't run him much at all against the Titans.  I wondered about it too.

The most dangerous thing he brings to a game is his running; they need to do more of it, not less.

I am thinking he is nursing an injury, but that is only a guess.

I hope he runs a LOT against the Chiefs.

I don't want him running like Lamar or Kyler, however it is an important part of his game that was missing in not just the Titan's game, but Los Angeles & Las Vegas too.