Dune

Foxx

loved Frank Herberts's book. though there were some great character portrayals in the first movie i wasn't crazy about it, it strayed too far from the book. to be fair, the technology wasn't exactly where it needed to be to allow for a better movie, hopefully this second one is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9xhJrPXop4

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

Fingers crossed. The book was so complex that even if you read the book I can imagine it would hard to follow in a two to three hour movie.  A miniseries would be great but likely too expensive.

Breaking it into two movies is a good idea.    Even at 4+ hours, it might be not enough time to tell the story...

3 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Fingers crossed. The book was so complex that even if you read the book I can imagine it would hard to follow in a two to three hour movie.  A miniseries would be great but likely too expensive.

There was a 3-part miniseries done in 2000, starring William Hurt.

And pretty cool remake/use of Floyd's "Eclipse."

9 hours ago, Doc said:

There was a 3-part miniseries done in 2000, starring William Hurt.

They did the first two books in two miniseries and did a good job with the story and sets, though the effects were real bad. Definitely worth a watch, though you cannot stream it. Have to buy the DVDs. 

Hurt plays Leto so he’s the big name but not a huge role. 

Edited by shoshin

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I have no idea how anyone got this thing made a second time.  The first movie was a complete disaster from any perspective.

Let's hope this one is better.

The more I saw the first one, the more I began to appreciate it.  Very weird movie but that's David Lynch for you.

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

They did the first two books in two miniseries and did a good job with the story and sets, though the effects were real bad. Definitely worth a watch, though you cannot stream it. Have to buy the DVDs. 

Hurt plays Leto so he’s the big name but not a huge role. 

I was able to see the first miniseries on YouTube.

• Like (+1) 1