Is anyone else less invested in this season than normal?

Cal

2 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

People can protest, make their own minds as they wish. Why does it have to be displayed during a sports game though? Politics and social issues have always been happening. You think that's new? But they were NOT shoved down our throats during entertainment, sports events, etc. The NFL in particular made sure no jerseys had any messages on them,  nor signs were shown by the players. Football was an unifying factor. We only ask for stuff outside football to remain outside football. Is that too much to ask?

I often use Dana White of the UFC as a great example. He has been a Trump supporter from day 1, has spoken at the RNC of 2016 & 2020. Yet that's on "his own time". He doesn't inject any political BS inside the UFC events, ads, promos, etc. You couldn't tell if he leans one way or the other by watching the UFC, as it should be. And their ratings are higher than ever. Why piss off a good chunk of your fanbase? It makes no sense. And it won't change a damn thing how things evolve "in real life".

Oh really???  Ever heard of Muhammed Ali?  The Black Power salute in the 1968 Olympics?  The media coverage leading up to (and following) the Miracle on Ice?  This is SUPER uniformed take wrt sports and politics.  

On 9/7/2020 at 9:43 AM, Bill from NYC said:

No, I am flexible. I am not the one in this thread insulting a poster because of how he feels. I also do not think it up to me (or get this.....even you) to silence him, get nasty, or give him orders.

My favorite college team, the Crimson Tide had a team march. They had a few banners that said "Black Lives Matter."  I am against BLM and view it as a domestic terrorist organization. That said, it was a peaceful march with Coach Saban leading it, rather than a blue haired, nose ringed paid miscreant ready to cause pain and destruction. Furthermore, I highly doubt it the Alabama players are Marxists and lacked any intent to destroy homes and business. Many are future millionaires. Therefore, I was fine with the march. 

Is it OK that I feel this way, or use it as an example of how I feel on a football message board? Or, do you have a particular line that I am supposed to toe?

Checks Out GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by BullBuchanan

I'm slightly less invested in the season just because there isn't much to go on yet...no buildup. No preseason games, no practices at camp.  Once the games get started for good I'll probably be back to 100%.

As far as the political stuff....doesn't really impact my interest in the games. And what I get annoyed with about it is...no so much what the players or owners do or say....but what really gets me is how people react to what they say.  

If a player, coach, owner, or former player wants to make a statement on an issue..fine, I'll deal with it, for whatever side they support.  But when us, the fans..the message board and twitter uses take that and run with it to a huge extent.....when we want to argue-to-the-death to prove we are right....that is what I have a problem with. Bottom line..when the name-calling starts, that is when I need to leave and take a break.

I get that without preseason and training camp some fans dont have an attachment they have had in previous years.  For me, after last year, and trading for Diggs I have an extremely high anticipation for the start of the season.

Lost a ton of interest. Hard to root for guys who promote a group like BLM which is not merely about BL but about social unrest and political power. If BLM was a bunch of white guys with Confederacy flags I'm sure the media's portrayal would be slightly different.

Team sports should be about sports. Individual sports can be political as they are independent contractors. Ali was great for boxing, turning the NBA and NFL into public promotion of a violent group I'm not a fan of.

Now that the BLM people are destroying so many neighborhoods and city blocks can we force BLM leaders that silence is violence or is that too much?

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Oh really???  Ever heard of Muhammed Ali?  The Black Power salute in the 1968 Olympics?  The media coverage leading up to (and following) the Miracle on Ice?  This is SUPER uniformed take wrt sports and politics.  

You BLM /SJW fanatics sure are dense. You can add the recent kneeling players in the NFL to that list as well. But guess what... those were ATHLETES doing that, on their own, not their teams, leagues, countries or the Olympic organizers. See the difference? Probably not...

As for politics being played in the media when countries meet and are enemies... doh. As if that equaled getting ads and banners and public announcement by the league itself that we are so unjust, so racist, so evil. That Blacks are hunted by the police. Sure. Whatever. Hey, this topic sure seems to unite us Bills fans on a Bills board doesn't it? It divides us as it divides society and everything.

And tell me this, what is the end goal? When will it be attained? What I hated about the kneeling is exactly what I hate now: there's no defined goal(s), no precise objective(s). Just an open ended judgment call on by undefined judges on how racist and unjust we are as a society. Even in the most exaggerated work dispute between a militant union and greedy owners there will be still a point where they meet and agree on. Here... where does it stop? What would satisfy? 

We want FOOTBALL, not this. If you can't tell by this and many other such threads, that's on you. What benefits does the NFL bring for themselves, the fans, the cause, society, by going down this route?