Final Vote—All States, Progress in counting

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

You laugh, but look at the RCPs average national polls. It's barely changes since Biden has been announced. A huge difference than 4 years ago.

And if you're still thinking in those terms, it shows you learned nothing from 2016. 

The media is lying to you. That's what they've done consistently for decades, only now we have oodles of evidence to prove that they're cultivating reality, not reporting truth. If you keep buying into what they're selling (like Trump supporters are just a loud minority), you're discerning wrong. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I did show my work. You made a ridiculous statement and it elicited an honest guffaw. It still is. :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Where? Tiberius gave you all the recent polls. Go back and look at, say, RCP historically. You will find exactly one Rasmussen outlier, and even they aren't consistently good for Trump. So you can make all the usual John McCain "unskewed polls" arguments c. 2008 if you're a fool, or you can argue that there's still an electoral college route that isn't an extreme longshot (even 538 has it as a 22% chance for Trump winning the electoral college), but arguing with the fact that the overall polling history of this election shows a remarkable and historically stable lead? Stupid.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And if you're still thinking in those terms, it shows you learned nothing from 2016. 

The media is lying to you. That's what they've done consistently for decades, only now we have oodles of evidence to prove that they're cultivating reality, not reporting truth. If you keep buying into what they're selling (like Trump supporters are just a loud minority), you're discerning wrong. 

What of the 2018 midterm polls that were pretty accurate?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-state-of-the-polls-2019/

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

How about joining us in the reality-based community for a bit.

Trump supporters ARE a loud minority. He consistently polls in the low-to-mid 40s, which is a sizeable minority, but last I checked my Stats text, a minority.

The polls ARE remarkably stable, particularly on the national level. 

The 2016 polls were remarkably good -- I discussed that earlier in the thread. The 538 average showed Clinton winning by about 3.5 percentage points; she won by 2. So if you want to tell me that the national polls are underestimating Trump support by about a point and a half nationally, well, then you've got an argument. But what you're presenting here is called "wishful thinking" rather than an argument.

Not everything is a conspiracy. I know I'll never convince some people of that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Trump did lose the last popular vote by like 3 million votes. That would make his supporters a minority. Plus all the polls are showing him down nationally by 6 to 10 points.

I only say loud because you see the rallies and those boat parades. You don't see any of that for Biden.

DR thinks everything that isn't 100% pro-Trump, is a lie 

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

How about joining us in the reality-based community for a bit.

Projection is a hell of a thing. This coming from the guy who wrote, without compunction, that Biden has the most "stable race/lead in modern history". You're living in fantasy land where the media tells you the truth. That's why you're so uninformed on so many things. 

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump wasn't on the ballot. 

Not technically but he was 

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Projection is a hell of a thing. This coming from the guy who wrote, without compunction, that Biden has the most "stable race/lead in modern history". You're living in fantasy land where the media tells you the truth. That's why you're so uninformed on so many things. 

Poor DR, this must all be so tough on you 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

First, to Backintheday544 -- your posts are intelligent, reasoned, and well worth reading. I have learned a couple things from them, including that I can drill down into the 538 poll listing to see how the poll was conducted. Thank you. But you make the horrible mistake of thinking you are arguing with a logical, rational person in DR. He is an all-out conspiracy theorist. I tried to plumb the depths of that paranoia in some other threads. Suffice to say it goes way, way deeper than you might think. It is literally no use making rational fact-based arguments with someone who thinks a baby-eating cabal is pulling the strings behind the scenes and that Trump is the anointed one who will bring them to justice. (I am not kidding).

Second, to DR: you will no doubt accuse me of resorting to mockery. So first: tell me what is wrong about how I characterized those 2 key aspects of your thinking. If you don't believe them (or one of them?) disabuse me of that misperception now. And then: I repeat, the polls have been remarkably consistent, showing a 6-8 point Biden lead from the time it was clear he would get the nomination. If that's wrong, show me. If not, stop cackling.

• Haha (+1) 1

So, the Slippery DR won't answer a simple question (again). True or False:

1. a behind-the-scenes cabal exists.

2. If yes, it perpetuates child sex trafficking. (If no, I'm not sure why you've been wasting your breath on those 200 page threads)

3. If yes (same comment if no), it continues to work to install sympathetic persons in positions of power, including those in active cahoots with it.

4. If yes (same comment if no), that cabal has engaged in ritualistic killings of child victims, or in killings intended to harvest something of psychic or medical value from those child victims.

4. Donald Trump was recruited by enemies of that cabal in order to bring some of its leading perpetrators to justice.

Simple. Answer these questions. We'll know what to make of your comments.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Now we've reached the portion of Frank's meltdown where he assigns me positions I do not hold and argues against them because he's absolutely nutty. 

Happy Danny Glover GIF by Regal - Find & Share on GIPHY

But it's still not as funny as writing this with a straight face: 

42 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And again ... the most stable race/lead in modern polling history.

Shark Tank Lol GIF by ABC Network - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like (+1) 1

And so, loyal PPP readers, there you have it.

He. Won't. Answer.

It's too embarrassing for him to come right out and tell us why he holds these curious beliefs that the NONE of the polls are to be given credence.

He says I'm ascribing false beliefs to him. So why isn't it easy for him to say, "No, I don't believe a secret cabal is running the world behind the scenes, and that Donald J. Trump has been recruited to vanquish it" 

If someone ascribes a false belief to me, believe me, I'm the first to cry foul and to disavow it.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And so, loyal PPP readers, there you have it.

He. Won't. Answer.

It's too embarrassing for him to come right out and tell us why he holds these curious beliefs that the NONE of the polls are to be given credence.

I won't answer? Gee, it's not like I have 50k+ posts putting my own beliefs into my own words. It's all there for you to see, yet you want to make up positions I hold then argue against them. Why? Because you're an asshat who keeps getting embarrassed down here. 

You're not very good at this whole trying to get under my skin thing. But watch what can make you spiral: 

Laugh Laughing GIF - Laugh Laughing Funny - Discover & Share GIFs | Laugh,  Belly laughs, Funny gif