Will the 2020 'Covid' training camp set Josh Allen back?

LB48

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Uhhhhh, no. The preseason means nothing for Allen. He faces one of the NFL's 3 best defenses in practice every single day. He'll be just fine when the regular season bullets start flying. 

Except against "one of the NFL's 3 best defenses" Josh is wearing a red jersey and the D has strict instructions NOT to touch him and he knows it.  No one is trying to tear his head clean off.  It's easier to work on foot work and all the cool stuff Jordon Palmer taught him in April and May.    

In a real game with the D, even a lesser one, trying to really come after him is when old bad habits are more likely to come back.  Would have been nice to test that in PS.

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What does a 300 yard game in a loss prove?  There is zero correlation between 300 yard passing games and wins. Give me 225 yards, no interceptions, and a win. 

That’s a bastardization of statistics.  You don’t want your QB to be forced to throw the ball over the yard for 60 minutes in order to win, but you DO want a guy who is capable of it.  Of course it’s great when you can hand the ball off 40 times and win 27-3 without being forced to pass, and your record is going to be great when the opponent can’t stop your running game.  Josh is 0-8 when the opponent scores over 21 points.  

9 hours ago, rayray808 said:

hopefully Daboll is dialing up quick hitters to get the ball out of his hands to guys with YAC appeal

- completion % will go up

- the 300 yard passing game curse will be lifted

I don't think the Bills staff wants Josh trying to throw for 300 yards!  Maybe lack of trust?

8 hours ago, H2o said:

How many reps does a team's Franchise QB usually get in the preseason? Maybe one full game's worth? 4 quarters of football in a meaningless setting is really not going to do much for him. Also, with McDermott being the defensive mind he is, I'm sure he has our defenses simulating other teams' concepts used previously that caused Josh issues. He's not taking the hits he typically would with a normal preseason slate, but I surely believe they are preparing him for what he will face down the road to the best of their abilities. 

Is he really the FRANCHISE QB ??  Just because he has a rocket arm and can run doesn't mean he can really direct the team to play-off wins!

37 minutes ago, Billl said:

That’s a bastardization of statistics.  You don’t want your QB to be forced to throw the ball over the yard for 60 minutes in order to win, but you DO want a guy who is capable of it.  Of course it’s great when you can hand the ball off 40 times and win 27-3 without being forced to pass, and your record is going to be great when the opponent can’t stop your running game.  Josh is 0-8 when the opponent scores over 21 points.  

That 0-8 stat makes a great point!  You can't expect any D to hold teams to 3 TD's because the offense is limited by the QB!

23 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Right at this point the only reason I want him to hit 300 in a game is so people will shut up about it..

Yup....and besides....if he does hit 300 it most likely means a win.....most likely.

Just now, Warcodered said:

not really Dak did it 7 times last year and lost 4 of them.

Well Dak is Dak......I am just saying that IF JA were to toss for 300 that it "most likely" will be a win......thats my opinion and you have yours.....