John Brown with high praise for rookie WRs “Gabriel Davis playing all over the field”

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Colts are @ #13..... I think people generally just seem too high on the Colts this offseason.

Now I'm going off track, but I was struck by this, because I've had the same sense.  It seems like every time I see the Colts mentioned somewhere, it comes with more praise than I think makes sense. 

I do have one possible explanation for this phenomenon.  If the Colts actually deserve this optimism about them, I think it may be deserved for one reason:  Frank Reich.  From what I've seen and heard, which isn't a lot, Reich seems to be a positive, detailed oriented process guy much like McDermott.  The bottom line for the "process" is that the whole package is greater than the sum of its parts.  If the Colts turn out to be really good this season, it won't be because they have great talent.  It will be because they have good talent, everyone knows their job, and they play their hearts out. 

Like the Bills.  

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Now I'm going off track, but I was struck by this, because I've had the same sense.  It seems like every time I see the Colts mentioned somewhere, it comes with more praise than I think makes sense. 

I do have one possible explanation for this phenomenon.  If the Colts actually deserve this optimism about them, I think it may be deserved for one reason:  Frank Reich.  From what I've seen and heard, which isn't a lot, Reich seems to be a positive, detailed oriented process guy much like McDermott.  The bottom line for the "process" is that the whole package is greater than the sum of its parts.  If the Colts turn out to be really good this season, it won't be because they have great talent.  It will be because they have good talent, everyone knows their job, and they play their hearts out. 

Like the Bills.  

Yep. I love the Colts FO and coaching. Chris Ballard is a terrific young GM, Frank Reich is a level headed sensible coach and Matt Elberflus is one of the most underrated defensive coordinators in the league. 

I just don't know that they have that much talent. Their oline is terrific, Darius Leonard is a stud and Malik Hooker is a good football player. Deforest Buckner is a good player too and they did need a stud up front but he isn't quite the dominant player they may think he is in my opinion. I liked the Taylor and Pittman picks but they still have the same issues at corner (Xavier Rhodes who sucked heavily in Minnesota is hardly a fix) they are still heavily reliant on Justin Houston at age 31 on the edge and their offensive weaponary aside from the two draft pick is pretty pedestrian. 

I don't think they suck. I do have them as slight favourites to win the South (not a great division) but I remember them outplaying Houston for 3/4s last year only for some individual brilliance from Watson to beat them. I worry Rivers is finished and I say that as a big fan of his. His throws were noticeably floating last year and if Houston's defense could hold up (not sure it can) then they will be better than the Colts. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. I love the Colts FO and coaching. Chris Ballard is a terrific young GM, Frank Reich is a level headed sensible coach and Matt Elberflus is one of the most underrated defensive coordinators in the league. 

I just don't know that they have that much talent. Their oline is terrific, Darius Leonard is a stud and Malik Hooker is a good football player. Deforest Buckner is a good player too and they did need a stud up front but he isn't quite the dominant player they may think he is in my opinion. I liked the Taylor and Pittman picks but they still have the same issues at corner (Xavier Rhodes who sucked heavily in Minnesota is hardly a fix) they are still heavily reliant on Justin Houston at age 31 on the edge and their offensive weaponary aside from the two draft pick is pretty pedestrian. 

I don't think they suck. I do have them as slight favourites to win the South (not a great division) but I remember them outplaying Houston for 3/4s last year only for some individual brilliance from Watson to beat them. I worry Rivers is finished and I say that as a big fan of his. His throws were noticeably floating last year and if Houston's defense could hold up (not sure it can) then they will be better than the Colts. 

Sounds like the Bill--Texans game

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/10/2020 at 11:49 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Well, more confirmation that our GM and Head Coach, and scouting staff, know what their doing.

Late round picks with ability, high intelligence, and great character. Process guys! I hope we get to see both of them produce on the field this year.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:31 AM, No_Matter_What said:

Exactly. I recently rewatched whole last season. There were many things which stood out, and one of them was how exceptionally reliable Roberts was. He makes good decisions, catches everything, does not fumble and constantly gains as much as possible from each return. I'd keep him for sure.

Agree

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I know who she is and what she does but I'd like to see the model that supports these rankings. Because some of them are beyond belief frankly. If the Colts end up with the 13th most yards by wide receivers this season I will dress as Cynthia Freelund and post the picture on TSW. There is absolutely no chance.

Noted...they need to play at least 12 games in the regular season this year, or this nulls...fair?

• Like (+1) 1