I'll have a beer and one potato chip

Steve O

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

People are babies.  They've  been crying  since day one.

They also need their  booze to or the get the shakes. 

I represent that remark! Saw the one Gov was declaring last call ne 10PM...fine by me! Me and my blue haired friends start drinking at 3, done by 9! Close at 10 all ya want!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Not really.  Then there is everyone talking,  eating. Mouths  flapping. 

My brother's  neighbor  got it at bingo.  Brought it home.  Killed her husband,  then her.

Church... singing  too.  Restaurants  are ground  zero.

How does one determine where one catches a virus?

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You can probably  figure it out.  Unless you live an extraordinary and busy life. 

I respectfully disagree that one can probably figure it out regardless of how extraordinary and busy one's life is.

If all you do is go shopping for groceries and play bingo.  You  most likely got it there.  This, contact tracing ain't  rocket  science 

Just now, Gugny said:

That's a good example, I'd say.

I'm more talking about one who goes about their normal day.

I work with one other guy.  I don't  see many people.  I will know where I get it.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

If all you do is go shopping for groceries and play bingo.  You  most likely got it there.  This, contact tracing ain't  rocket  science 

I work with one other guy.  I don't  see many people.  I will know where I get it.

You could get it from your wife or daughter, who could get it in their day to day lives.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

According to whom???

You really wanna  die  on this hill?  Look up the  definition of: "should."  I am making  generalizations. 

A little situational awareness.  Analysizing your daily habits  in a social distancing world, you  can probably  figure  out where you pick it up  and who you're  around  to spread it too.

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You really wanna  die  on this hill?  Look up the  definition of: "should."  I am making  generalizations. 

A little situational awareness.  Analysizing your daily habits  in a social distancing world, you  can probably  figure  out where you pick it up  and who you're  around  to spread it too.

Nah.  That's just not true.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Is he deaf?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don't, not at all. I do believe people went out once to a bar/party, leaning in close and talking loudly to try to hook( mis typed hood up..that too) up..and then got the Covid. Not buying one bit on restaurants. 

I think it all depends upon the setup - how close people are and what the ventilation is like.   Restaurant transmission has been demonstrated pretty convincingly.

There is that contact tracing report from China (https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0764_article

showing spread to 3 different parties seated at large tables in a restaurant, initially hypothesized to be droplet spread longer than usual due to the air conditioner and exhaust fan.

image.thumb.png.c118fdf50d9738b515e6dcf13fe64ce3.png

The tables are about 3 feet apart, so patients B1, C1, and C2 are  >6 feet away from index patient A1.

A later study by a mechanical engineering/HVAC that included re-creating the conditions in the restaurant and using tracer gas (very careful work) as well as reviewing CC video to exclude fomite transmission from common surface contact, concluded that aerosol particles would have infected all these people (some spaced as far as 4.6m or 14 feet apart), and that poor ventilation in that side of the restaurant allowed aerosols to accumulate and be transmitted during the 53 min (table B) and 73 min (table C) of concurrent seating.

No one else in the restaurant and no servers became ill.

The conclusion is that when indoors in a closed environment, the ventilation pattern and the amount of air exchange become very important

• Awesome! (+1) 1