Bills resign Shane Matthews

Bills | Matthews Re-Signed - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:55:27 -0700

The Buffalo Bills have re-signed QB Shane Matthews. Terms of the deal were undisclosed.

Seems like money well spent... :rolleyes:

309464[/snapback]

Having two vets behind a rookie, especially one who has been in the system, is pretty cool. I think it's a good move.

Sure beats having NFL Europe-whats-his-name holding a clipboard.

309472[/snapback]

C'mon Kevin Thompson is playing well. His team is undefeated. It's like saying you are the pretty girl in the fat contest but hey...

Bills | Matthews Re-Signed - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:55:27 -0700

The Buffalo Bills have re-signed QB Shane Matthews. Terms of the deal were undisclosed.

Seems like money well spent... :rolleyes:

309464[/snapback]

Meh.... It doesn't shock me.

That doesn't mean he'll be a Bill this season. We often go into training camp with more than 3 QB's.

and one of them will get cut.  most likely Kevin Thompson

309518[/snapback]

I'd hate to see that. The #3 QB should be 'youthful' so that QB development is ongoing with an eye towards the future. Shane Matthews merely represents a band-aid, no future benefit at all. Thompson is having success in Europe, much like Kurt Warner and Brad Johnson did, and we know what they went on to do...

I'd hate to see that. The #3 QB should be 'youthful' so that QB development is ongoing with an eye towards the future. Shane Matthews merely represents a band-aid, no future benefit at all. Thompson is having success in Europe, much like Kurt Warner and Brad Johnson did, and we know what they went on to do...

309524[/snapback]

All back up quarterbacks represent a band-aid. Young and old.

309524[/snapback]

Normally I would agree with that. But with two relatively young quarterbacks it's not as though we really need to groom one quick. We can groom a #4 on the practice squad. I am surprised by this but it means one or two things to me: That the Bills and Losman really liked what Matthews did and said to JP as well as Drew last year, and/or that Matthews really wants to be a QB coach or OC in the future and he's using the Bills and they're using him (voluntarily, not in a bad sense) to further that goal. That is the only reason I can imagine, but if true, could help the learning curve.

Kevin Thompson is have an above-average season in NFLE - that is nothing to call home about.

Have any of you watched his games? He is good but throws way too many incomplete passes.

His stats:

Thompson, K (BUF) 70 34 410 48.6% 5.86 3 4.3% 0 0.0% 56t 3/18 81.3

Kevin Thompson is have an above-average season in NFLE - that is nothing to call home about.

Have any of you watched his games? He is good but throws way too many incomplete passes.

His stats:

Thompson, K (BUF) 70 34 410 48.6% 5.86 3 4.3% 0 0.0% 56t 3/18 81.3

309558[/snapback]

Um, let my throw out the standard Flutie argument: "He just wins" :rolleyes:

This is imo a very good move.

We are entering 05 with a starting qb who has a penchant for getting injured after light contact with a relatively small defender.

I am happy to have players who have proven to be able to play the qb position in the NFL on the Bills.

309589[/snapback]

One instance is a penchant?? Where do you get your definitions? I sense you have found your new Travis Henry.