Massacre in Tulsa, OK

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Terrible title. Please include the date.

Why? He's trying to "rattle cages" by posting half-truths, twisted logic, outright fallacies, and really bad trolling attempts.

Facts and disclosure are not his friends.

• Like (+1) 1

In addition to these victims of racist violence who tragically lost their lives in one of the largest black eyes in US history, do you know who else died?

Every single adult alive in 1921 in the entire world, and the overwhelming majority of their children.

There have been at least eight identified generations of individuals living since that time.

The year 1921 is nearer to the Civil War on a timeline than it is to today.  James Monroe was the President in a year closer to 1921 than we are today.

The President of the United States in 1921 was Warren G. Harding, who was born in 1865, the same year the Civil War ended.

That’s how far removed America is from any events that happened 1921.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

In addition to these victims of racist violence who tragically lost their lives in one of the largest black eyes in US history, do you know who else died?

Every single adult alive in 1921 in the entire world, and the overwhelming majority of their children.

There have been at least eight identified generations of individuals living since that time.

The year 1921 is nearer to the Civil War on a timeline than it is to today.  James Monroe was the President in a year closer to 1921 than we are today.

The President of the United States in 1921 was Warren G. Harding, who was born in 1865, the same year the Civil War ended.

The Civil War lasted five (5) years. And yet today, there are still people — maybe including yourself, I don't remember — who want that "heritage" respected. See: the NASCAR thread.

The fact that "every person dies" isn't a great point for anything other than absolute nihilism which might be your beliefs, I don't know. Was every person in 1921 murdered in a riot that was covered up for many years?

The fact that it happened in 1921, but that it wasn't publicly known until far more recently — maybe that might help you understand the relevance. 

This insane idea that the past doesn't impact the present status quo is some deeeeeeep magical thinking. How do you think you came into this world? Do you understand cause & effect? Do the events of 1776 — even further back in time — have any bearing on your life today? Are you aware American law is based on precedent? Do you think lawfully murdering Black Americans for generations as precedent has an impact on today's laws and government behaviors?

Anyone? Bueller? Mueller? 

11 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Have there been other massacres in Tulsa that this might be confused with? 

13 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

On a message board frequented by maybe 20 people. Yeah he’s making a difference. ?

It's nice to get to know your fellow Bills fans. I like that it's a smaller group. :)

8 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Yes.

Fancy stating that a massacre in Tulsa is OK.

Not sure I would want someone like Greg Parsons anywhere near my children.

Not sure if you're joking or not, but you're in Australia so... OK is the state abbreviation for Oklahoma, where Tulsa is. Tulsa, OK. Buffalo, NY. 

I don't want to be anywhere near your family, the feeling is mutual. :)

15 hours ago, Wacka said:

Was he that guy with the maniccorn avatar a couple of tears ago that said he had a plan to buy up tons of  houses in Buffalo  and  sell or rent them to  black families (AKA a slumlord)?

Put your official guesses in the Guess Greg's Identity thread and you could win the prize of me leaving

Edited by GregPersons

13 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Here’s the crazy thing.  There is another race in this country that has suffered a hell of a lot more than blacks and I don’t see many protests/marches for them.  

Native Americans?

There are, in fact, protests and marches for Natives. How would you know? But because your perception is so limited, it really is like "if you don't see it, it doesn't exist." 

But here's the tricky one, Cooking James. Why are there so few Native Americans in the US compared to other races? Hmm. Tricky one if you don't know any history at all.

2 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Has the fat untalented lunch man donated yet?

Charf Jom has not entered the arena, despite many calls and monetary incentive, just for him to step up and be the hero to defend the white race from this slander. 

22 hours ago, Wacka said:

Was he that guy with the maniccorn avatar a couple of tears ago that said he had a plan to buy up tons of  houses in Buffalo  and  sell or rent them to  black families (AKA a slumlord)?

7 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Yes.

Fancy stating that a massacre in Tulsa is OK.

Not sure I would want someone like Greg Parsons anywhere near my children.

15 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

#whiteprivilege

16 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

16 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Why? He's trying to "rattle cages" by posting half-truths, twisted logic, outright fallacies, and really bad trolling attempts.

Facts and disclosure are not his friends.

18 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

19 hours ago, Cinga said:

Okay folks, I need some help when I'm not here to pick up the slack. You do realize I'm sure, all these new threads are meant to bump some we all here care about off the page.

The usual progressive distraction tactic.... 

44xm3n.jpg

20 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

On a message board frequented by maybe 20 people. Yeah he’s making a difference. ?

20 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

He's changed from a drowned out commie voice in the wilderness to a loud commie voice able to take advantage of a group about which he doesn't really care.

6 minutes. That's it. Less time than George Floyd had the knee on his throat. 

I find these threads incredible. Everyone fighting over 1921, Civil War, WHarding, etc.

Just a thought for clarity. If a family has members who are expressing pain, do you tell them they have no pain or the reason for the pain is invalid.

Seems to me the only decision is do you want to stop the pain and if you do, then discuss that.

The cops in Atlanta the other day must have an IQ of 13 if they could not understand that sleeping in a car, drunk or not is hardly worth death of him or themselves. 

I use to tell my employees who had alcohol issues, the reason why you drink too much is not important until later. Just stop drinking, concentrate on changing from this point on. Once you have a state of mind you can think rationally, then revisit the past when there is perspective.

The black community needs to be understood by the family.

The cops which represent the rest of the family have lost perspective. 

It is a complicated relationship but stopping the pain is step one.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

6 minutes. That's it. Less time than George Floyd had the knee on his throat. 

How many minute did George Floyd point a loaded gun at a pregnant woman in Texas? Just curious.

51 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Just a thought for clarity. If a family has members who are expressing pain, do you tell them they have no pain or the reason for the pain is invalid.

Seems to me the only decision is do you want to stop the pain and if you do, then discuss that.

Actually, if you are trying to truly help a family member in real psychological pain, you can only do it through discussion of the root causes of that pain in therapeutic alliances with all affected family members, where the feelings are explored with empathy, honesty, positive validations, and without blame. Healing doesn't occur by dismissing the feelings and thoughts of all other family members, nor does it occur when the process begins with the premise that the family member in pain is disliked by all other family members to the degree that they would do anything to keep him/her in pain.

40 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Actually, if you are trying to truly help a family member in real psychological pain, you can only do it through discussion of the root causes of that pain in therapeutic alliances with all affected family members, where the feelings are explored with empathy, honesty, positive validations, and without blame. Healing doesn't occur by dismissing the feelings and thoughts of all other family members, nor does it occur when the process begins with the premise that the family member in pain is disliked by all other family members to the degree that they would do anything to keep him/her in pain.

You move way to fast. No one even suggested psychological pain. The world has not even listen enough to determine that. Healing must start by the validation of those that are in pain first. I never suggested ignoring the pain of the rest of the family, but dealing with that initially leads to breakdown of the process and back to the same old and tired debate. You sometimes have to tell your wife you love her and understand and then listen with love and real attention for days before you discuss the bad meatloaf. That is if you really want the relationship to survive. A question at this point is more important that a position.

Unless you are black in America today, your thoughts on solutions are useless until you first listen. You have 2 ears and one mouth...use them in that proportion. You will hear some shi?, but sorting through to clarity takes time. Start today. It has been too long.

4 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Unless you are black in America today, your thoughts on solutions are useless until you first listen.

But I thought white silence was violence. How am I supposed to listen if I'm being forced to speak? And why am I being forced to speak if my thoughts are useless? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Niagara Bill said:

You move way to fast. No one even suggested psychological pain. The world has not even listen enough to determine that. Healing must start by the validation of those that are in pain first. I never suggested ignoring the pain of the rest of the family, but dealing with that initially leads to breakdown of the process and back to the same old and tired debate. You sometimes have to tell your wife you love her and understand and then listen with love and real attention for days before you discuss the bad meatloaf. That is if you really want the relationship to survive. A question at this point is more important that a position.

Unless you are black in America today, your thoughts on solutions are useless until you first listen. You have 2 ears and one mouth...use them in that proportion. You will hear some shi?, but sorting through to clarity takes time. Start today. It has been too long.

Actually, we are dealing with psychological pain, NB, whatever you choose to wrap it up in. As for your analogy of your angry wife, you can acknowledge her anger or pain, you can aknowledge the legitimacy of what she feels, you can listen to her as she tells you what she is feeling; however, it doesn't necessarily mean the reason(s) she is angry or in pain are entirely legitimate. If you both want the relationship to work, then, at some point, that has to be discussed honestly.

As to your bolded: (1) I agree that we must listen. However, one does not have to have experience in in a particular area, or completely agree after listening for his/her thoughts on solutions to be useful. (2) Would you also say unless you are a law enforcement officer in America today, your thoughts on solutions are useless until you first listen to them?

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

But I thought white silence was violence. How am I supposed to listen if I'm being forced to speak? And why am I being forced to speak if my thoughts are useless? 

Of course not. Listening is not silence. Ignoring is silence. At this point your opinion on the meatloaf is not important. The US and Canada have a social family problem. Listening will help you learn. Silence through ignoring gets you same old.

Just now, Niagara Bill said:

Of course not. Listening is not silence. Ignoring is silence. At this point your opinion on the meatloaf is not important. The US and Canada have a social family problem. Listening will help you learn. Silence through ignoring gets you same old.

I suppose this is the new definition of silence, like we redefined defund earlier?