2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"I am sure it will be played back, not necessarily by me... "   lol

This Tara Reade thing should blow up in Kamala's face, but she'll never be asked by anyone in the media, so it'll be up to Trump to keep bringing it up.

Interesting how Kamala suddenly DOESN'T believe all women now. How interesting that she would change her position again. Does she have a history of changing her position?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

The funniest thing to me is that Tibs thinks Jennifer Rubin promoting John Kasich has value to anyone who's not a mindless leftist. Neither of them will ever be considered 'conservative' by anyone other than the far left who pay them boatloads of cash to create that illusion.

In other words, when you're unable to think for yourself, it's easy to believe Rubin and Kasich are conservatives.

I don't know enough about Rubin to comment but my main problem with Kasich is if he was really concerned about Trumpism driving this country farther apart he would've dropped out of the Republican primaries earlier instead of taking away votes from Cruz/Rubio.  Staying in until the last possible moment and now cashing in on just being an anti Trump moderate Republican is the opposite of courageous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For years now, we’ve been told that the notion of some sort of cozy relationship between the Democrats and the media is just some right-wing conspiracy.

Well, about that:

“We did it, guys,” Biden’s deputy campaign manager tells the beat reporters who covers his campaign.

• Like (+1) 1

JOE BIDEN, A PROFILE IN PANDERING

This column by David Axelrod, Barack Obama’s chief strategist in 2008 and 2012, suggests that Joe Biden didn’t really want Kamala Harris to be his running mate. Axelrod doesn’t quite put it this way, but he does say that “others Biden considered may have fit more comfortably into partnership with him.”

This is similar to my take last week. I agreed that Harris was probably the frontrunner for the nomination, but added that if Biden made his decision based on his true preference, he would probably select someone else — perhaps Susan Rice.

Axelrod believes that Gretchen Whitmer, Michigan’s governor, was the number one “someone else.” Not only did Biden click well with Whitmer, she has governed a large state and (whatever we think of her) has a very high approval rating.

But, says Axelrod (though not in direct language), Whitmer was rejected because she is White. Axelrod adds that picking Whitmer would have upset leftists who wanted Elizabeth Warren on the ticket. By picking a Black, he made it difficult for Warren’s supporters to grumble.

(Biden was also comfortable with Susan Rice but she had no experience as a campaigner. In addition, the matter of Benghazi scared Biden away from Rice, according to Axelrod.)

So Biden’s pick for the person with roughly a 25 percent chance of becoming president without being elected was driven by considerations of gender, race, and maybe the lack of enough courage to upset Warren supporters.

The common denominator is the complete inability or unwillingness to stand up to the far left. But then, Biden has never really stood up to, or for, anyone or anything. He has no core beliefs. He always gone with the flow.

More at the link

• Like (+1) 1