Defund the Police?

Subject: To the NFL and its players,
I have no idea who put the following piece together, but I will go on record supporting its message.

If I have brain cancer, I don’t ask my dentist what I should do. If my car has a problem, I don’t seek help from a plumber! Why do you think the public cares what a football player thinks about politics? If we want to know about football, then depending on the information we seek, we might consult with you, but even a quarterback doesn’t seek advice on playing his position from a defensive tackle! 

You seem to have this over inflated view of yourselves, thinking because you enjoy working on such a large scale stage, that somehow your opinion about everything matters. The NFL realizes the importance of its “image” so it has rules that specify the clothes and insignia you can wear, the language you use, and your “antics” after a touchdown or other “great” play. But somehow you and your employer don’t seem to care that you disgrace the entire nation and its 320 million people in the eyes of the world by publicly disrespecting this country, its flag, and its anthem! The taxpaying citizens of this country subsidize your plush work environments, yet you choose to use those venues to openly offend those very citizens. 

Do you even understand what the flag of this country means to so many of its citizens before you choose to “take a knee” in protest of this “country" during our national anthem? 

You may think because you are paid so much that your job is tough, but you are clueless when it comes to tough.  Let me show you those whose job is really tough.

You are spoiled babies who stand around and have staff squirt Gatorade in your mouths, sit in front of misting cooling fans when it’s warm, and sit on heated benches when it's cold. That’s not “tough” that's pampered. 

You think that you deserve to be paid excessively high salaries, because you play a “dangerous" game where you can incur career ending injuries. THESE are career ending injuries!

You think you that you deserve immediate medical attention and the best medical facilities and doctors when injured. Let me show you what it’s like for those who really need and deserve medical attention.

You think you have the right to disrespect the flag of the United States, the one our veterans fought for, risked limbs and mental stability to defend, in many cases died for. Here’s what our flag means to them, their families, and their friends.

You believe you are our heroes, when in reality you are nothing but overpaid entertainers, who exist solely for our enjoyment! 

Well, your current antics are neither entertaining nor enjoyable, but rather a disgrace to this country, its citizens, all our veterans and their families, and the sacrifices they have made to ensure this country remains free. You choose to openly disgrace this country in the eyes of the rest of the world, yet with all your money, still choose to live here rather than in any other country. People with even the slightest amount of “Class” will stand and respect our flag. Where does that put you? You want to see heroes… here are this countries heroes!

You can protest policies, the current government, or anything else you choose, that is your right. But when you “protest” our flag and anthem, you are insulting the nation we all live in and love, and all those who have served, been injured, or died to keep it free. 

There is nothing you can do or say that can make your actions anything more than the arrogance of classless people, who care about themselves more than our country or the freedoms for which our veterans and their families have sacrificed so much, to ensure you have the “right” to speak freely. 

Our country is far from perfect, but if you can point to any other country where your freedom and opportunities are better than they are here, then you just might want to go there and show respect for their flag!

If you respect America and all those who have sacrificed so much to keep her free, please forward this to your friends and relatives. Eventually, it should end up in the mailboxes of those who choose to disrespect our country, its service members, our veterans, their families, and all of us who appreciate the freedoms America represents
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mead107 said:

You think you have the right to disrespect the flag of the United States, the one our veterans fought for, risked limbs and mental stability to defend, in many cases died for.

They didn't fight and in some cases die for a flag.  They fought to protect freedom. Freedom to do what you want even of its not popular as long as its not ilegal.  Like kneeling for the national anthem for example.

Edited by reddogblitz

21 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Nice. Saunter in, fill a garbage and calmly walk out.

People better wake the xxxx up, soon.

She's just misunderstood. Maybe our resident ambulance chaser can represent her?

Edited by westside2

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

They didn't fight and in some cases die for a flag.  They fought to protect freedom. Freedom to do what you want even of its not popular as long as its not ilegal.  Like kneeling for the national anthem for example.

If NFL players or anyone else wants to kneel during the national anthem, that is well within their rights. I just don't understand where along the way it became insensitive, or ignorant, or racist to say, "I support your right to kneel during the anthem. I won't try to stop you from kneeling during the anthem. I may even support the reasons you are kneeling during the anthem. However, I personally do not agree with the manner in which you have chosen to express yourself, and I do feel it is disrespectful."

We are at a point where a reasonable opinion cannot be expressed without being shamed, intimidated, or bullied in some way into apologies and admissions of insensitivity and ignorance.

• Like (+1) 7

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Don't ASSUME to know what any military member or veteran fought for, or died for. I'm sick and tired of that bullsh1t line.

That very Flag is the Symbol of this Nation, and THAT is what we serve for, fight for, and some died for!

Edited by Cinga
  • Like (+1) 1

THE POLICE AREN’T THERE TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC FROM CRIMINALS. THEY’RE THERE TO PROTECT CRIMINALS FROM THE PUBLIC: 

Nashville liquor store owner, 88, explains why she shot alleged shoplifter: ‘I’m fed up.’ 

“I did what I had to do, and I hope word gets out on the street that I’m fed up and I’m not taking it anymore. . . .

You’ve got to stick up for yourself sometimes.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Don't ASSUME to know what any military member or veteran fought for, or died for. I'm sick and tired of that bullsh1t line.

That very Flag is the Symbol of this Nation, and THAT is what we serve for, fight for, and some died for!

sounds like you're assuming what they were fighting for.  

A couple of lines from the Marine Hymm seem to suggest otherwise.

First to fight for right and freedom

And to keep our honor clean

Edited by reddogblitz

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE POLICE AREN’T THERE TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC FROM CRIMINALS. THEY’RE THERE TO PROTECT CRIMINALS FROM THE PUBLIC: 

Nashville liquor store owner, 88, explains why she shot alleged shoplifter: ‘I’m fed up.’ 

“I did what I had to do, and I hope word gets out on the street that I’m fed up and I’m not taking it anymore. . . .

You’ve got to stick up for yourself sometimes.”

I love that she said she tried to scare him by shooting at the floor but missed the floor! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

sounds like you're assuming what they were fighting for.  

A couple of lines from the Marine Hymm seem to suggest otherwise.

Why stop at the first verse?

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;

We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes,
You will find us always on the job
The United States Marines.
Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve.
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

So I guess it's where ever our Flag is unfurled even unto the Streets of Heaven.

I'm a Marine

Edited by Cinga
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Cinga said:

It is interesting what the flag signifies to different people. Those thoughts certainly vary from person to person, and each is entitled to his or her opinion.

Whenever I think of my time in the military and my subsequent career in law enforcement, I always think of the term, "serving my country." That is really how I have always thought about it. It was never anything specific, just a general sense of, "I served my country." For me, the flag represents the country that I served: all that is good in this country and the potential and promise that it holds for all of its citizens.

It is an imperfect work in progress and throughout its history, many of its citizens have been denied that potential. However, the good in this country, that which should be celebrated in the flag, and what I personally see in the flag, is the continual struggle to be better as a society, the individual rights and freedoms that allow every citizen to speak out over injustice; the ability for each citizen to participate in righting wrongs and creating change for the better; and the knowledge that, as a nation, we have come so far, while still recognizing how far we have yet to go. And, the understanding that, while this country still has so far to go, it is the greatest nation on earth and still holds the greatest potential and promise for its citizens.

Much of my consulting work now involves the military and I spend a considerable amount of time on military installations. For those who are unfamiliar, on most installations, Reveille (A bugle call followed by "To the Colors") is played at 6:30 a.m. over speakers to signify the start of the day, and Retreat is played (followed by the National Anthem) at 5:00 p.m. to signify the end of the day. Whenever I am walking on a base and Reveille or Retreat is played, it is really is an amazing sight to see everyone, no matter what they are doing, to stop, come to attention, and face the flag (or music if they cannot see the flag). They are always moments that make me feel incredibly proud.

People can look at and feel about the flag however they wish. This is just how I feel.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Why stop at the first verse?

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;

We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes,
You will find us always on the job
The United States Marines.
Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve.
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

So I guess it's where ever our Flag is unfurled even unto the Streets of Heaven.

I'm a Marine

Good catch.  Yes the flag is unfurled in every breeze from dawn to dusk.  But nowhere does it say they fight for the flag but it DOES.say they fight for freedom.  But now we are just passing song lyrics.

As a Marine myself I take it to mean fighting for freedom.  So I respect others freedom as long as they aren't hurting any one.

Evidently you take it different which is cool.

Thanks for your service.

Semper Fi Mac.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Good catch.  Yes the flag is unfurled in every breeze from dawn to dusk.  But nowhere does it say they fight for the flag but it DOES.say they fight for freedom.  But now we are just passing song lyrics.

As a Marine myself I take it to mean fighting for freedom.  So I respect others freedom as long as they aren't hurting any one.

Evidently you take it different which is cool.

Thanks for your service.

Semper Fi Mac.

Semper Fi, and Peace to You and Yours Brother

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

It is interesting what the flag signifies to different people. Those thoughts certainly vary from person to person, and each is entitled to his or her opinion.

Whenever I think of my time in the military and my subsequent career in law enforcement, I always think of the term, "serving my country." That is really how I have always thought about it. It was never anything specific, just a general sense of, "I served my country." For me, the flag represents the country that I served: all that is good in this country and the potential and promise that it holds for all of its citizens.

It is an imperfect work in progress and throughout its history, many of its citizens have been denied that potential. However, the good in this country, that which should be celebrated in the flag, and what I personally see in the flag, is the continual struggle to be better as a society, the individual rights and freedoms that allow every citizen to speak out over injustice; the ability for each citizen to participate in righting wrongs and creating change for the better; and the knowledge that, as a nation, we have come so far, while still recognizing how far we have yet to go. And, the understanding that, while this country still has so far to go, it is the greatest nation on earth and still holds the greatest potential and promise for its citizens.

Much of my consulting work now involves the military and I spend a considerable amount of time on military installations. For those who are unfamiliar, on most installations, Reveille (A bugle call followed by "To the Colors") is played at 6:30 a.m. over speakers to signify the start of the day, and Retreat is played (followed by the National Anthem) at 5:00 p.m. to signify the end of the day. Whenever I am walking on a base and Reveille or Retreat is played, it is really is an amazing sight to see everyone, no matter what they are doing, to stop, come to attention, and face the flag (or music if they cannot see the flag). They are always moments that make me feel incredibly proud.

People can look at and feel about the flag however they wish. This is just how I feel.

Well said! I think everyone here can agree, we still have a lot of work to do as a country, but some wish to just blow it up and start over again which is where the disconnect comes from I think. We are still the greatest country in the history of the world, even with the work we still have ahead of us.

But your right, to some of us that Flag; the Colors, stands for everything GOOD about this country.  And by God when I hear Taps and the Anthem it sends chills down my spine to this day... 

The meaning to me is similar to the old Spartan saying to come home carrying their shield or on it

For our Flag it's the Pledge to come Home carrying the Flag, or under it.... 

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2