Sam Mills passes away!

Didn't he play just last year?

This friggen sucks.....:D

308117[/snapback]

No, he has been a linebacker coach for the Carolina Panthers for the past 4 years.

He had to take time off two years ago during the Panther's SuperBowl season to go thru chemo.

A couple years ago, they put a nice big statue of him outside of the Panther's stadium.

He was a terror back in the mid to late 90's, with him and Kevin Greene on the field at the same time.

No, he has been a linebacker coach for the Carolina Panthers for the past 4 years.

He had to take time off two years ago during the Panther's SuperBowl season to go thru chemo.

A couple years ago, they put a nice big statue of him outside of the Panther's stadium.

He was a terror back in the mid to late 90's, with him and Kevin Greene on the field at the same time.

308138[/snapback]

for some reason i think u have him confused with mark fields

I used to follow the Philadelphia, and later the Baltimore Stars of the USFL. Sam Mills was a terror on that squad, and contributed greatly to the Stars 2 titles. FYI, the Stars were coached by Jim Mora (who could not buy a playoff win in the NFL) and Carl Peterson was the GM.

PTR

for some reason i think u have him confused with mark fields

308165[/snapback]

Nope.

Marks Fields had cancer too, but he was an active player, and Sam Mills was his coach.

Fields miss the whole Super Bowl season, while Sam Mills missed the first part to go thru chemo but made it back to the sidelines later in the year.

At the start of the season, the Panthers players decidicated the upcoming season to both Sam Mills and Mark Fields.

I guess it might seem strange to people who don't follow that Panthers that much.

Who ever heard of a linebacker in the NFL and his coach both fighting cancer at the same time.

Mark Fields came back and played last year, and at times looked real good, so his story has a happier ending.