WNYTBDGPS Socially distanced draft plates tailgate

So, every year for a long time, on the week of the draft, it’s been tradition to go to Nick Tahoe’s on Friday and get plates. This year will be different, since we can not sit inside and eat.  The plan is, if you’re okay with being outside with a group of people, to meet up at noon at Nicks, go in and get your plate, then join us outside as we tailgate in their lot.  Bring a chair or depending on your vehicle, just open the back and sit.  Park in the back of the left of the lot so we’re away from the door.  

Questions? Comments?

@JÂy RÛßeÒ

Edited by Just Jack

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

So, every year for a long time, on the week of the draft, it’s been tradition to go to Nick Tahoe’s on Friday and get plates. This year will be different, since we can not sit inside and eat.  The plan is, if you’re okay with being outside with a group of people, to meet up at noon at Nicks, go in and get your plate, then join us outside as we tailgate in their lot.  Bring a chair or depending on your vehicle, just open the back and sit.  Park in the back of the left of the lot so we’re away from the door.  

Questions? Comments?

@JÂy RÛßeÒ

Nick's is open and coordinating a tailgate outside?

46 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Part 1 - yes, and saying that business is way down.  So we're trying to do our part to help out a local institution (national treasure?)
Part 2 - we're the ones coordinating a tailgate outside.  It's a parking lot picnic.  With plates.

49 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What Jay said.  

I stopped in in a couple weeks ago and was talking with the guys behind the counter, and they were saying business is about 25% of what it normally would be this time of year. 

6 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Part 1 - yes, and saying that business is way down.  So we're trying to do our part to help out a local institution (national treasure?)
Part 2 - we're the ones coordinating a tailgate outside.  It's a parking lot picnic.  With plates.

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

What Jay said.  

I stopped in in a couple weeks ago and was talking with the guys behind the counter, and they were saying business is about 25% of what it normally would be this time of year. 

I totally get it.  I think it's safe to say that every restaurant in the state is suffering as much and worse.  It sucks.  A lot of people are doing what they can (getting takeout, delivery) to help the small guys out ... and that's awesome.  I think it will have to continue long after this is "over," for many to fully recover.

Sounds like you're socially-distancing, too, which is also cool.

I hope everyone has a great time and you guys get good weather for it!

Be well and be safe!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/21/2020 at 2:01 PM, Gugny said:

I totally get it.  I think it's safe to say that every restaurant in the state is suffering as much and worse.  It sucks.  A lot of people are doing what they can (getting takeout, delivery) to help the small guys out ... and that's awesome.  I think it will have to continue long after this is "over," for many to fully recover.

Sounds like you're socially-distancing, too, which is also cool.

I hope everyone has a great time and you guys get good weather for it!

Be well and be safe!!!!

My friends pizzeria cafe is actually booming. His business is up over 25%

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

My friends pizzeria cafe is actually booming. His business is up over 25%

I think pizza joints that primarily have delivery customers are killing it, all around.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

I think pizza joints that primarily have delivery customers are killing it, all around.

Makes sense

He has the best fish fry in Buffalo probably and Fridays are absolutely crazy for him now. People are waiting 1.5-2 hours for a fish fry he's so busy

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Makes sense

He has the best fish fry in Buffalo probably and Fridays are absolutely crazy for him now. People are waiting 1.5-2 hours for a fish fry he's so busy

Personally, I've been tipping more, too.  I'd guess that many others are, too.  Last time I ordered from our regular delivery place, the girl who delivered said they'd never been so busy and she was grateful.  But the more traditional sit-in places are the ones who really need the help.  I feel terrible for them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Personally, I've been tipping more, too.  I'd guess that many others are, too.  Last time I ordered from our regular delivery place, the girl who delivered said they'd never been so busy and she was grateful.  But the more traditional sit-in places are the ones who really need the help.  I feel terrible for them.

Yea they are definitely hurting and it's terrible

Hopefully we can get back to normal life sooner than later

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Find a truck driver driving from Canada who wants a 2nd person. 

My sister works in customs and essential goods are still being shipped over border per DHS rules.

That actually sounds fun but then there is the issue of timing and getting back heh.  Already had an issue once with an ignorant border agent threatening to not let me back home into Canada for made up reasons before the whole pandemic thing.