Updated ESPN Insider on Travis Henry

Apr. 18 - The Buccaneers continue to talk to the Bills about running back Travis Henry, but they have competition. The Eagles are definitely a player in these trade talks and could take the lead if they wish, according to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Philly has enough draft choice clout to top the player-for-player options presented by the Bucs and Cardinals. Arizona is offering left tackle L.J. Shelton. The Bills want draft choices to be involved in any trade, and may favor something from the Eagles.

All sounds good to me at the moment.

Apr. 18 - The Buccaneers continue to talk to the Bills about running back Travis Henry, but they have competition. The Eagles are definitely a player in these trade talks and could take the lead if they wish, according to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Philly has enough draft choice clout to top the player-for-player options presented by the Bucs and Cardinals. Arizona is offering left tackle L.J. Shelton. The Bills want draft choices to be involved in any trade, and may favor something from the Eagles.

All sounds good to me at the moment.

307913[/snapback]

If we pull this off and trade Clements for the no.9 pick and are able to trade down for another 2nd rounder I would dance a jig in myh boss's office wearing nothing but a jockstrap and a Bills football helmet.

You've been warned.

Lets trade everybody for future draft picks!!! YaY!!!!! We'll be the youngest team in the NFL but who cares because our fans won't be bored with the draft... Let Nate atleast finish his contract here as opposed to obtaining picks in one of the shittiest drafts in recent years.

< Rant Off>

Personally, I wouldn't take any of these guys over Nate:

Aaron Rodgers* QB, California

Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn

Braylon Edwards WR, Michigan

Mike Williams* WR, USC

Alex Smith* QB, Utah

Antrel Rolle CB, Miami

Carnell Williams RB, Auburn

Carlos Rogers CB, Auburn

Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn

Mike Williams* WR, USC

Alex Smith* QB, Utah

Antrel Rolle CB, Miami

Carlos Rogers CB, Auburn

307947[/snapback]

Absolutely not. Nate is a stud, and they are all unproven.

Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn

Mike Williams* WR, USC

Alex Smith* QB, Utah

Antrel Rolle CB, Miami

Carlos Rogers CB, Auburn

307947[/snapback]

I suspect that TD would more than likely agree with you.

A deal could involve anything, such as trading down or getting a high pick in 06.

I will never dispute the fact that Nate is very good. Frankly, I hated to see him return kicks last year fearing injuries, as good as he was at it. He is a top flight player, period.

I for one hate taking the risk of losing him and getting nothing in return, but even at that, I think it would take a very big offer for TD to make a deal.

Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn

Mike Williams* WR, USC

Alex Smith* QB, Utah

Antrel Rolle CB, Miami

Carlos Rogers CB, Auburn

307947[/snapback]

I'd take Rolle.

If we pull this off and trade Clements for the no.9 pick and are able to trade down for another 2nd rounder I would dance a jig in myh boss's office wearing nothing but a jockstrap and a Bills football helmet.

You've been warned.

307921[/snapback]

Hopefully you are self employed. :D

Guest BackInDaDay
I'd take Rolle.

307960[/snapback]

I don't know Cincy. He looks more like an NFL safety, than CB. He's a good athlete and a hitter, but I'm not sure he has the speed and agility to cover NFL receivers in an era which favors the offensive player. I look at Rolle and I see the Pat's Harrison.

I suspect that TD would more than likely agree with you.

A deal could involve anything, such as trading down or getting a high pick in 06.

I will never dispute the fact that Nate is very good. Frankly, I hated to see him return kicks last year fearing injuries, as good as he was at it. He is a top flight player, period.

I for one hate taking the risk of losing him and getting nothing in return, but even at that, I think it would take a very big offer for TD to make a deal.

307956[/snapback]

I understand the fear of getting nothing in return and that is certainly legit. It sometimes sucks being on the outside and not knowing NC's intention, nor the Bills intentions...

I understand the fear of getting nothing in return and that is certainly legit. It sometimes sucks being on the outside and not knowing NC's intention, nor the Bills intentions...

307969[/snapback]

Good point. The road is paved with good intentions. I, unfortunately feel that dollars signs will be flashed and Nate will jump ship. I hope not but it's probably going to happen.

What is all this craziness about trading Nate?

Everyone wants so bad to be clever. Any more clever and we will be the cleverest 0-16 team in the league. You do not improve a team by dumping its best players. You improve a team by keeping its best players and replacing the marginal ones.

Don't get me wrong, I think the fans here tend to over rate him because of the big plays he makes now and then. What worries me are the plays he makes the other way like not knocking down that 4th down pass against the Jags and fumbling a punt against the Steelers. Even so, you don't dump a solid CB like Nate if it can be at all avoided. You just don't.

Of course, I would have said the same thing about Pat Williams. :D

I'd take Rolle.

307960[/snapback]

same here this guy is a great returner and seems like he has good coverage skills.

I think the Silver Fox is playing a bunch of NFL GMs at this time working on best scearios to help out his team. Amazing how many people wanted him to pull the trigger on Arz deal and now many more options present themselves!!!!

Guest BackInDaDay
same here this guy is a great returner and seems like he has good coverage skills.

I think the Silver Fox is playing a bunch of NFL GMs at this time working on best scearios to help out his team.  Amazing how many people wanted him to pull the trigger on Arz deal and now many more options present themselves!!!!

308002[/snapback]

I'd still rather get an honest to goodness LT like Shelton for Henry. I don't believe all the negative hype about either of these guys. Their ability to strap 'em on and play when those around them sit out is enough for me.

Either way, give me football players, not press clippings and jive. :D

Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn

Mike Williams* WR, USC

Alex Smith* QB, Utah

Antrel Rolle CB, Miami

Carlos Rogers CB, Auburn

307947[/snapback]

We may not have a need for any of these guys versus Nate, but I'd be willing to bet SOMEONE would like that #9 spot, and maybe we could parlay it into a player we can use plus a better #2 position, while also possibly getting a #2 position for TH.

I don't know Cincy. He looks more like an NFL safety, than CB.  He's a good athlete and a hitter, but I'm not sure he has the speed and agility to cover NFL receivers in an era which favors the offensive player.  I look at Rolle and I see the Pat's Harrison.

307965[/snapback]

This era DOES favor the offensive player. That's why I don't want to pay him next year what he will command. He's a terriffic CB, but we have to get something for him before he leaves. If we were on the cusp of winning the SB this year I'd say keep him. But we're not. Let's trade him for the best possible deal and move forward.