Bills have made six acquisitions on defense, only one on offense

I think the concern here is that the defence was one of the better ones in the league, the offence one of the worst. So far they have been focusing on the defence with one move for the offence right now. 

The offseason isn't over, so hopefully the focus evens out and Diggs isn't the only big offseason move for them. Beasley and Morse were the only real 'big' moves they made for the offence. Brown worked out well but wasn't a big move at the time, and the online moves were more quantity over quality.

This is a front office/coaching staff that values defence first and wouldn't be surprised if they continue that way by continuing to make their big moves on defence while looking for an offence that's 'good enough'

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I don't know the Vikes that well, but it always seemed to me that they essentially had two primary receivers.  That's what was tough about them together, and that's why Cousins has been a disappointment.   I think Green has struggled to be a #1 who made a difference for his team, and Watkins clearly failed at being a #1, period. 

I think Diggs has been more of a difference maker for his team, and he comfortable in the role of "the" guy.   

Brown never has had quite enough to take over a game when the team needed it, but he's a devastating weapon as #2 receiver.   

And it takes pressure off of Beasley.  He's going to go back to what he's best at: being a pesky little guy who threatens to sting you every play.  

Ask your self this:  rank the following players in order of the guy you'd like as your #2 receiver.   That is, assuming you're happy with your number 1 guy, and you could choose any of these three, which would it be?   Robert Woods, Cole Beasley, John Brown.   

For me, it's Brown in a heartbeat, and that's from someone who always admired Woods.   Beasley is a distant third.   

I think the Bills are ending up with starting receivers who now each is playing the role on the team that he's best at. 

I really like the comment about having to finally address  a position that some fans thought was stepchild.   I think it's really the third year of the rebuild, but we skip that argument.  Whatever you call it, they just couldn't wait any longer.   

And it's a major statement from Bills' management saying "we're here now.   Not 2021, we're here now."  It's a statement to Josh, a challenge.   The lack of attention to the Oline is a statement and a challenge to the oline.   It says to the oline "we're all in on you, or else we would have gone after help.   We traded out of #1 because we don't need a #1 to replace any of you."   It's a statement to the fans, and to the owners.    It's a statement that says to everyone "we can win now.  We aren't done getting better, but we can win now."

The deal says McBeane think they already are good enough to compete for it all, and they aren't done.   Not having made the deal and getting the best receiver at #22 would have said "we're still building," because that guy is quite likely not going make a difference in 2020.  Might play, but not make a difference.   But the Diggs deal says they don't think they have to wait to win a lot.

And I think the moves on the defense says exactly the same thing.   It says we need to get some guys in here to plug some holes, and we'll be fine.   Free agency begins and BINGO! some serious hole-plugging and more additions join the team.   

All of it screams that they're ready.  

Oh, and like Sammy, Diggs was also prone to whining about his "touches".  lol

But yeah,  McBeane issuing a lot of "statements", but talk is cheap.  They have to produce or statements and the process grow tired...

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh, and like Sammy, Diggs was also prone to whining about his "touches".  lol

But yeah,  McBeane issuing a lot of "statements", but talk is cheap.  They have to produce or statements and the process grow tired...

Oh, absolutely.  I'm not saying they are absolutely right.  It may not work out, it's true.  What I'm saying is they wouldn't have made the move unless they believed it would make the Bills competitive at the highest level.  

As I said, the move challenges the team to get the job done. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Diggs’ youth, skill set and contract are exactly what this team needs right now. If that is equal to Green’s career, so be it. Green has been great.

moving forward however - SD fits us perfectly.

I don’t quite get the SW comparison - and that’s fine. 

He's trolling.