Bailout--Stimulus Thread

15 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

Totally agree.  Piss poor corporate management isn't the problem on the American people.  These bailouts really cripple entrepreneurial and capitalist efforts.  Let them fail, another company will come along with better ideas.  

So you are in favor of letting the airlines just go bankrupt? Can they still operate under bankruptcy until new buyers or whatever are found? 

22 hours ago, TH3 said:

Bailouts?...You wish ...the economy and how people and businesses go about their lives is going to have to be completely restructured then rebuilt in the next 6-12 months...the ability to contain gone...get ready for the Tsunami

6-12 months?

hysterical.gif.39866efcd7c35b69b1bec1542087e4a7.gif

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you are in favor of letting the airlines just go bankrupt? Can they still operate under bankruptcy until new buyers or whatever are found? 

here's a novel idea... how 'bout we just let the capitalistic model work. they will emerge much stronger and be better prepared to survive. 

Edited by Foxx

On 3/17/2020 at 10:36 AM, Tiberius said:

Here’s a neat idea: 

Allow unlimited withdrawals from individual retirement accounts at a flat tax of 10 percent, and open that window for all of 2020. Many won’t use the opportunity to withdraw from tax-advantaged accounts, but most will immediately begin to calculate how to maximize their net economic benefit. Some will simply pay off mortgages of homes they intend to retire in, trading one retirement asset for another. The hard-pressed will simply take the money to live on — as they might be forced to do anyway. It will be a salve and an enormous boost to liquidity to know the option exists. If the coming recession is too deep or too enduring, many won’t ever be able to retire, so let Americans judge how best to use their own money.

Wow this is a fantastic idea!!!

You’re a ***** idiot. 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Wow this is a fantastic idea!!!

You’re a ***** idiot. 

I think people and institutions in the financial sector need to do a better job of telling citizens how important it is to plan for a rainy day by establishing a 3-6 mos rainy day fund, to live within their means and consider apportioning a minimum of 10% of their annual income to retirement/future needs.  Nobody ever says that anywhere. 

Just the other day I saw an advertisement where Charles Schwab was suggesting that people fight the virus by upgrading to the Apple iPhone 16.5, much much easier to order the pizza from the car on this model.  

We’re barely a week in and people are being encouraged to raid their retirement savings during when the market is swinging wildly.  Btw, on that note, since banks et al are required to suffer along the way, why wouldn’t the govt waive all or a portion of the penalty for early withdrawal? 

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I am in favor of letting the airlines go bankrupt, but given this particular scenario I doubt they would.  I am for them providing their own liquidity.  I don't believe in too big to fail.  They would obviously file for bankruptcy protection and attempt to restructure.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Btw, on that note, since banks et al are required to suffer along the way, why wouldn’t the govt waive all or a portion of the penalty for early withdrawal? 

Because people are stupid.  We cannot encourage people to rob their future self to "support" their present self.  This is hard I know but in the grand scheme of retirement planning, which is a 40 plus year endeavor, it is a blip.  My sister asked if her son should take money from his 401k to pay off his student loan now that they've waived interest payments for 60 days.  No no no!!   Even $10k will likely be worth about $175k in 30 years.  Besides that borrowing from your 401k for anything is a dumb idea for many reasons. 

Tibsy likes to live in the past almost as much as he loves lying, so maybe it’s understandable why he doesn’t seem to know the difference between what was going on during the Tea Party movement  and what’s going on now: a global pandemic.

What if someone told you there is a public health emergency?

Would that be news to you?

Reimbursing viable business the state forced to close is qualitatively different from bailing out companies that made ***** investments and got bit in the ass.

Yeah, this is exactly the spending the Tea Party was upset about  converiospaperv0-1fig2.jpg

Who would have thought people who object to high taxation might want their tax money back when times are tough.

Almost like they're consistent and not a hack, unlike you.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Tibsy likes to live in the past almost as much as he loves lying, so maybe it’s understandable why he doesn’t seem to know the difference between what was going on during the Tea Party movement  and what’s going on now: a global pandemic.

What if someone told you there is a public health emergency?

Would that be news to you?

Reimbursing viable business the state forced to close is qualitatively different from bailing out companies that made ***** investments and got bit in the ass.

Yeah, this is exactly the spending the Tea Party was upset about  converiospaperv0-1fig2.jpg

Who would have thought people who object to high taxation might want their tax money back when times are tough.

Almost like they're consistent and not a hack, unlike you.

Tea Party was just a bunch of howling know nothings that stood for nothing but loud complaining, this proves it. They are fine with big government spending as long as a Republican is president. Hypocrisy exposed. 

Hypocrites...............Hahahahahahaha

Tibsy -- "So weird that people are not behaving like my insulting straw man of them would assume."

The Tea Party of course, was not anti-disaster relief.

It was against exploiting disaster to redistribute tax money to unrelated pork projects ...

which is why all the former Tea Partiers were disgusted with Pelosi’s bill.

And why are they "former" ?

let's ask the IRS.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

You must of been the biggest tea parties, you were like, get the government out of the way. The government sewage system steals our sh it! Poor stupid Koko, no principles, no core, just a ? 

Baa, baa, tea party sheep, have you any wool? 
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full. 
One for my master and one for my dame, 
And on e for the little boy who lives down the lane.

Oh Koko? 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Guys, take it easy on Gleeful Gator HAHA Gator Tiberius. He just misses the Tea Bagging. 

More sexual reference from you. 

?<——- 3rd

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yeah, there's people who know the difference between wasteful/unsustainable pork spending, and emergency spending to keep both the economy and the people afloat.

Then there's you.

Don't be you.

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You must of been the biggest tea parties, you were like, get the government out of the way. The government sewage system steals our sh it! Poor stupid Koko, no principles, no core, just a ? 

Baa, baa, tea party sheep, have you any wool? 
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full. 
One for my master and one for my dame, 
And on e for the little boy who lives down the lane.

Oh Koko? 

More sexual reference from you. 

?<——- 3rd

Tiberius, forgetting his many references to the Tea Party in which he called them tea baggers.