Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Mark Dantonio steps down from Michigan State

Recommended Posts

 

I believe I had this about 3 months ago 


National signing day is tomorrow. Collected a 4mill bonus on Jan 15th

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figured it had something to do with the NCAA investigation against MSU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had wondered how he was surviving in a program rife with scandal. About time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

I believe I had this about 3 months ago 


National signing day is tomorrow. Collected a 4mill bonus on Jan 15th

 

Didn't see this coming. I thought the only way he was leaving was being fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

Didn't see this coming. I thought the only way he was leaving was being fired.

There are whispers that he was forced to step down or would have been fired. Related  to The ongoing litigation. Of course, he denied it. The crazy thing is that he is facing serious recruiting violation allegations. If so, he needed to retire because if those classes he’s been bringing in lately are a result of cheating... 

 

hearing rumors that Pat Narduzzi From Pitt will be the next MSU coach, he was their DC a few years ago

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good era for Sparty, they simply aren't strong enough to compete regularly in the Winners and Champions side of the Big Ten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unconfirmed report that Sparty is in contract talks with Luke Fickell from UC. He would be a really good hire for them but I will be surprised if he leaves UC right now. That said, his DC Marcus Freeman was offered the LB coach for the titans by Vrabel and turned it down to stay at UC; it is believed that he is in line to replace Fickell  if/when he leaves for a bigger job. So the timing lines up, but I think Fickell will be very selective about his next gig and though Sparty fits the profile of the geography and level of job he would go to, i don’t think he would want to walk into that tire fire and lack of talent. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unconfirmed report that Sparty is in contract talks with Luke Fickell from UC. He would be a really good hire for them but I will be surprised if he leaves UC right now. That said, his DC Marcus Freeman was offered the LB coach for the titans by Vrabel and turned it down to stay at UC; it is believed that he is in line to replace Fickell  if/when he leaves for a bigger job. So the timing lines up, but I think Fickell will be very selective about his next gig and though Sparty fits the profile of the geography and level of job he would go to, i don’t think he would want to walk into that tire fire and lack of talent. 

Who is UC?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Who is UC?

 Cincinnati 

 

ironically it would be the same career path that Dantonio took. Both were DC at Ohio state, then HC at UC, then HC at MSU (if Fickell takes it)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

Ohio State isn't without scandal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm that means no Campbell and probably no Fickell

 

 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There are whispers that he was forced to step down or would have been fired. Related  to The ongoing litigation. Of course, he denied it. The crazy thing is that he is facing serious recruiting violation allegations. If so, he needed to retire because if those classes he’s been bringing in lately are a result of cheating... 

 

hearing rumors that Pat Narduzzi From Pitt will be the next MSU coach, he was their DC a few years ago

 

Looks like he should have made more violations ;)

 

 

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shurmur would be a disaster 

 

 

 

but he made Minnesota 's offense great :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a ton of money. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t take it, though that job is a heavy lift right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...