2020 Draft Hypothetical

Disclaimer: Yes! I know it’s not even February and things will change between now and the draft! Now, with that out of the way.. 

The latest Drafttek Mock draft had me pondering a couple of possibilities. 

https://www.drafttek.com/m/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

Possibility #1

Both Lamb and Jeudy are still both on the board at 10. If you have interest in drafting either, which team do you call, and what do you offer. 

Yes, most of us are still shell shocked from the Sammy Watkins debacle. But I don’t believe that should make you stop from swinging. Maybe just hope for a bit more luck the next time. 

Possibility #2

The draft has us taking Shenault in the 1st and Pittman in the second. 

After thinking about it, I couldn’t say I’d mind that. Both Beasley and Brown are approaching 30. 

If you have any questions regarding this regimes ability to spot offensive talent, taking 2 wouldn’t be the worst idea in the world. 

Try to find a couple of OL and a DE in FA somewhere, and try to draft DE/LB next year.

What say you? ?

22 minutes ago, Vod Kanockers said:

Possibility #1

Both Lamb and Jeudy are still both on the board at 10. If you have interest in drafting either, which team do you call, and what do you offer. Yes, most of us are still shell shocked from the Sammy Watkins debacle. But I don’t believe that should make you stop from swinging. Maybe just hope for a bit more luck the next time. 

As was the case in 2014, the 2020 draft is very deep at WR. I'd be pissed if we did this. 

• Like (+1) 3

I don't think we do either because it would be idiotic.  I predict we go DE or LB in 1st round and WR in the 2nd given the depth at the WR position.  We may move up a few spots in the 2nd round to get our WR.

If we were to trade up we'd have to offer our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at minimum.  I like CeeDee Lamb over Jeudy and would have to leapfrog the Raiders at 12.  The Browns would be the target at #10 as they may like to move down to acquire more picks to address their depth at OL.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't think we do either because it would be idiotic.  I predict we go DE or LB in 1st round and WR in the 2nd given the depth at the WR position.  We may move up a few spots in the 2nd round to get our WR.

If we were to trade up we'd have to offer our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at minimum.  I like CeeDee Lamb over Jeudy and would have to leapfrog the Raiders at 12.  The Browns would be the target at #10 as they may like to move down to acquire more picks to address their depth at OL.

I haven’t been following the draft class too closely, but in your opinion, is there a DE that would be available around pick 22, that would be better than say, Trent Murphy?

In my humble opinion, we need playmakers and players who can take over games. (Especially at the positions that were discussing) Yes, they CAN be found later, often takes a bit of luck, but those players are typically found in the top half of the draft.

Also, I’d be weary of taking a LB that high in the draft when it appears that we already have our 3 down LB’s in TE and MM. Is it wise to spend a 1st on a position that may only see 35-40% of the defensive snaps? 

Just now, Vod Kanockers said:

Hard to be wrong when stating the obvious. Took away all meaning of the word “hypothetical” in the title of the thread as well. Gold star for you.

Thanks for agreeing with me...

You are asking us to discuss the merits of two hypothetical situations that are both  extreme when we have no idea what wide receivers are signed in free agency and what other needs  the team will have at that time..to say this is difficult is an understatement..

48 minutes ago, Vod Kanockers said:

Disclaimer: Yes! I know it’s not even February and things will change between now and the draft! Now, with that out of the way.. 

The latest Drafttek Mock draft had me pondering a couple of possibilities. 

https://www.drafttek.com/m/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

Possibility #1

Both Lamb and Jeudy are still both on the board at 10. If you have interest in drafting either, which team do you call, and what do you offer. 

Yes, most of us are still shell shocked from the Sammy Watkins debacle. But I don’t believe that should make you stop from swinging. Maybe just hope for a bit more luck the next time. 

Possibility #2

The draft has us taking Shenault in the 1st and Pittman in the second. 

After thinking about it, I couldn’t say I’d mind that. Both Beasley and Brown are approaching 30. 

If you have any questions regarding this regimes ability to spot offensive talent, taking 2 wouldn’t be the worst idea in the world. 

Try to find a couple of OL and a DE in FA somewhere, and try to draft DE/LB next year.

What say you? ?

Much like the Watkins draft, this is not the draft to move up at a high cost.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Thanks for agreeing with me...

You are asking us to discuss the merits of two hypothetical situations that are both  extreme when we have no idea what wide receivers are signed in free agency and what other needs  the team will have at that time..to say this is difficult is an understatement..

I would ask who you’re picking to win in the Super Bowl, but they haven’t even had the kick-off yet. Not to mention that one of or both teams, could both possibly contract the Coronavirus before hand. So, that’s probably a lousy question to ask so far ahead as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Vod Kanockers said:

I would ask who you’re picking to win in the Super Bowl, but they haven’t even had the kick-off yet. Not to mention that one of or both teams, could both possibly contract the Coronavirus before hand. So, that’s probably a lousy question to ask so far ahead as well.

Not at all.. I now know who is playing in the SB so I have a good chance of picking the winner..

Your original discussion would be like asking me who is going to win the SB at the start of the season..

By the way.. I think KC all the way.

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Love possibility #2. Don't be afraid to draft wr in the first 2 rounds. Shenault and Pittman would be perfect. Brown & Beasley's age are factors. 

The more I think about things, I’d probably be more on board with this option as well.

I will say, it’s probably those 2 specific names that are causing me to lean in that direction. I don’t know what direction I would go in, if one, or neither were available. Probably BPA in a position of need, but we for sure need to come away with at least 1 WR this draft. (Including what happens in FA, because we need youth at the position, as well) 

What are you doing if one of or both players are off the board? Anyone else you like?

I dont really care about Lamb or Jeudy i want Ruggs so not sure i can add anything useful to the OP’s hypothetical.

edit: and YES i’ll be that guy if ruggs is still out there at 14-16 i think the bills should trade up for him. That’s a tyreek hill type player without the baggage. My fear is he runs a sub 4.3 at the combine and he’s gone in the top 10.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1