New York (again)

9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Interesting. Did not know that. Is it mostly affordable housing, or are you talking corporate as well?

....and a rent regulation program long in place...............

Rent Regulations in New York: How They’ll Affect Tenants and Landlords

The changes would be sweeping, covering everything from security deposits to apartment upgrades.

By Sharon Otterman and Matthew Haag-NY Times    9/12/19

Democratic lawmakers in New York harnessed their new powers on Tuesday to broker sweeping changes to rent laws in order to protect tenants in a state with some of the country’s most expensive housing markets.

The regulations that lawmakers agreed upon would stretch beyond New York City to the entire state, allowing other municipalities to enact their own rules to keep apartments affordable.

Both chambers of the State Legislature are expected to vote on the new package this week, before the current set of regulations are set to expire on Saturday.

Unlike previous regulations, which had to be renewed once they expired, the new rules would be permanent. Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a Democrat, has pledged to sign whatever bill lawmakers pass.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/12/nyregion/rent-regulation-laws-new-york.html

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) said on a press call today that he would not allow indoor dining to return in New York City unless local politicians devoted significant police resources to enforcing social distancing and other reopening conditions.

Albany Andy passing the blame again.

So N.Y.C. is defunding police and he insists they take 4000 cops off the street to be restaurant monitors.

He and deBlasio, in less than a year, have returned N.Y.C. to the Hellhole it was in the '70's and 80's.

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) said on a press call today that he would not allow indoor dining to return in New York City unless local politicians devoted significant police resources to enforcing social distancing and other reopening conditions.

Albany Andy passing the blame again.

So N.Y.C. is defunding police and he insists they take 4000 cops off the street to be restaurant monitors.

He and deBlasio, in less than a year, have returned N.Y.C. to the Hellhole it was in the '70's and 80's.

From the photos, that is what it reminds me of. Very sad.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

From the photos, that is what it reminds me of. Very sad.

I've mentioned before, my kid has worked in Manhattan since 2007. Lives in Brooklyn

We visited once yearly, hotel in Times Square for 4-5 days, it was very safe and fun.

.....looks like last year will be our last visit. Just glad we enjoyed it when we did.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

.....Andy of Mayberry shines again......27,000 restaurants in NYC alone.......imagine the sales tax loss for NYS, the state of disrepair...............he's your Prez in 2024.....

63% of New York restaurants could close over coronavirus losses: Report

Only 36.4% of respondents said they were ‘likely or somewhat likely’ to stay open

New York restaurants are in trouble, according to a new report.

On Thursday, the New York State Restaurant Association published the results of a survey that found the state’s restaurants are in need of financial support from the government after months of closures during the coronavirus pandemic.

According to the survey, 63.6% of restaurants in New York said they are “likely to close by the end of the year” without a relief package and only 36.4 percent said they are “likely or somewhat likely to remain open.”

Of the 63.6% that are likely to close in 2020, 54.8% said they will close before November, the restaurant association found.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/new-york-restaurants-close-end-year-coronavirus

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

I've mentioned before, my kid has worked in Manhattan since 2007. Lives in Brooklyn

We visited once yearly, hotel in Times Square for 4-5 days, it was very safe and fun.

.....looks like last year will be our last visit. Just glad we enjoyed it when we did.

My husband lived in Manhattan for many years, and was living there when we met.   While I never minded visiting, I danced across state when he decided to go in a different direction with his career and we didn't have to live there.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My husband lived in Manhattan for many years, and was living there when we met.   While I never minded visiting, I danced across state when he decided to go in a different direction with his career and we didn't have to live there.

...13,000+ vacant apartments so far and counting.........Bumblin' Billy says, "oh well...so what".......

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/5/2020 at 8:22 AM, I am the egg man said:

I worked and played in Manhattan for 15 years.  What a great city it was.  Glad I’m not there to see what the left has done to it.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

2000 - 2015

NY citizens showing appreciation for Big Fredo’s handling of COVID:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/06/banner-saying-the-gov-killed-nana-seen-flying-over-new-york-beaches/amp/

Those were good years in NYC. Outsiders will never, ever understand just how much Rudy Giuliani cleaned up and saved the city.  It happened right in front of my eyes and I am proud of my contributions towards saving it.

• Like (+1) 5

27 minutes ago, GG said:

So you missed the fun times leading up to 2000 :). 

Definitely not in a rush to get back to the office.  

lol....I was in the city enough in the 80s and 90s to appreciate some of the gritty old-style NYC, though I didn’t really know the city well until I started working there in 2000.  At the time it was pretty exciting.

21 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Those were good years in NYC. Outsiders will never, ever understand just how much Rudy Giuliani cleaned up and saved the city.  It happened right in front of my eyes and I am proud of my contributions towards saving it.

And Thank You for that Bill.

Edited by KD in CA