The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

28 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

My belief is you should help protect the innocent so do I have the right to beat the crap out of the next anti masker I see.

Lol

Then stand up for the kids being forced in masks in school or being sent home again 

You have everything **s backwards.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol

Then stand up for the kids being forced in masks in school or being sent home again 

You have everything **s backwards.  

Your ignorance about how to be a good citizen is amazing. Such a selfish approach. 

You must speed through crosswalks, red lights and school zones.

Children are not forced to wear masks unless their parents tell them and teach them they are. Many students understand how to help protect their friends.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Your ignorance about how to be a good citizen is amazing. Such a selfish approach. 

Children are not forced to wear masks unless their parents tell them and teach them they are. Many students understand how to help protect their friends.

Go ahead and do whatever you'd like up in Canada. We'll run on our country down here Niagara....but thanks for your constant, albeit very curious concern.

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

While we don’t agree on much, I always find the conversation interesting.  

This is one of those times where I don’t really follow you. 

Up a couple posts, you seem to question whether or not it’s appropriate to assault a fellow citizen who disagrees with your perspective, presumably in the name of the public good. 

How does one get to that point, where you even question if beating someone about the head/neck/body because they would rather self-manage the pandemic than be forced to submit to a voluntary vaccination? Would you attempt to throttle them during a bad flu season?  An outbreak of measles?  SARS?  Bad Thai food?

We’re losing perspective rapidly here.  Interestingly, the Aaron Rodgers debacle comes to mind.  A young, healthy individual declines to vaxx up, ends up with the ‘Vid, fights it off like millions of others and becomes the poster child for….what?  Choosing to decline the voluntary vax that he was certain his system could manage? 
Is the plan to beat up all the Aaron’s of the world, because there are a ton of them. 

I think people need to stay in their own lane. Mind their business.  They should get the shot if they want the shot…shot…shot…shot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

While we don’t agree on much, I always find the conversation interesting.  

This is one of those times where I don’t really follow you. 

Up a couple posts, you seem to question whether or not it’s appropriate to assault a fellow citizen who disagrees with your perspective, presumably in the name of the public good. 

How does one get to that point, where you even question if beating someone about the head/neck/body because they would rather self-manage the pandemic than be forced to submit to a voluntary vaccination? Would you attempt to throttle them during a bad flu season?  An outbreak of measles?  SARS?  Bad Thai food?

We’re losing perspective rapidly here.  Interestingly, the Aaron Rodgers debacle comes to mind.  A young, healthy individual declines to vaxx up, ends up with the ‘Vid, fights it off like millions of others and becomes the poster child for….what?  Choosing to decline the voluntary vax that he was certain his system could manage? 
Is the plan to beat up all the Aaron’s of the world, because there are a ton of them. 

I think people need to stay in their own lane. Mind their business.  They should get the shot if they want the shot…shot…shot…shot. 

Chose not to vaxxed is your choice, but repeating others by social distance and masks is appropriate. It is not your right to endanger an 18 month old toddler any more than it is my right to beat the crap out of that person for endangering the child.

Eat road kill, just don't sell it to me as prime rib.

I could care less if anyone refuses vaccine. But with that comes a responsibility to your fellow citizens.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Go ahead and do whatever you'd like up in Canada. We'll run on our country down here Niagara....but thanks for your constant, albeit very 

Of course avoid the subject dude. Soon Cali will be out of the union.

30 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Chose not to vaxxed is your choice, but repeating others by social distance and masks is appropriate. It is not your right to endanger an 18 month old toddler any more than it is my right to beat the crap out of that person for endangering the child.

Eat road kill, just don't sell it to me as prime rib.

I could care less if anyone refuses vaccine. But with that comes a responsibility to your fellow citizens.

We should really just put a big on/off switch near the Peace Bridge so we can flip it on when we’re all in this together and flip it off when a Niagara Bill wants to go Nova Scotia postal on poor Leh-needed because he was driving his son’s car to pick up building supplies 30 miles from home and there wasn’t a dam mask to be found in the car.  

Fortunately Leh-n, not know for his soaring intellect beat the whole damn COVID virus by dragging his oversized shirt up over his mouth and nose as he wandered the home center, keeping his fellow citizens jockeying to get in front of him at check out safe and sound, while at the same time avoiding a bully beat down (maybe, Leh-nerd might be deceptively scrappy for a codger) from a guy screaming “Where’s your mask eh?  Where’s you’re $&@&ing mask?” followed by “I have zed tolerance for this crap!”  to no one in particular. 

The way I see it, reports suggest 63% of the population is fully vaxxed (whatever Faucci says that means on any given day) leaving 47% that might/should be the target of your rage on any given day.  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

We should really just put a big on/off switch near the Peace Bridge so we can flip it on when we’re all in this together and flip it off when a Niagara Bill wants to go Nova Scotia postal on poor Leh-needed because he was driving his son’s car to pick up building supplies 30 miles from home and there wasn’t a dam mask to be found in the car.  

Fortunately Leh-n, not know for his soaring intellect beat the whole damn COVID virus by dragging his oversized shirt up over his mouth and nose as he wandered the home center, keeping his fellow citizens jockeying to get in front of him at check out safe and sound, while at the same time avoiding a bully beat down (maybe, Leh-nerd might be deceptively scrappy for a codger) from a guy screaming “Where’s your mask eh?  Where’s you’re $&@&ing mask?” followed by “I have zed tolerance for this crap!”  to no one in particular. 

The way I see it, reports suggest 63% of the population is fully vaxxed (whatever Faucci says that means on any given day) leaving 47% that might/should be the target of your rage on any given day.  

There is a switch...thank goodness.

Thanks for the effort with the shirt, hope it was a warm day. 

Stay safe and free, 

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Right-wing math in action right here

• Haha (+1) 1

We can put this argument to bed...I assume the NYTimes will be an acceptable source for Ostrichey-Leftist types...

It's finally occurred to me what's happening here, what's bothering me the most.  I only took one Philosophy course in college and found it to be mostly boring.  But I did take to (I think here, not going to look it up) John Stuart Mills' thesis about "Utilitarianism", which underpins Western Civilization, Philosophy and yes, Government.  I am pretty sure this thesis suggests that any rule or action should be juxtaposed against how it affects "the greater good", i.e. the Maximization of Overall Utility within the society.  This is what has me the most distraught about this Leftist invasion of our govt's thinking...there's no concept of what it means to destroy the lives of millions of young people when you really should just be protecting the vulnerable (elderly and sick)...

From the NYTimes article above, which is a tough read BTW:

Suicide attempts have risen, slightly among adolescent boys and sharply among adolescent girls. The number of E.R. visits for suspected suicide attempts by 12- to 17-year-old girls rose by 51 percent from early 2019 to early 2021, according to the C.D.C.

10 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I expect over time the biggest casualty of the pandemic will be the credibility of medical profession.  

Just mentioned that to my colleagues the other day. They all agreed.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

But only in Dem states…

Well some of my republican friends used too be, some family members died and some of went to the hospital. Plus other should not post here.  All listened to Republican and told them listening to them soo much. They don't know crap too. It's horrible what they went thru. For covid no longer listening to republicans myself.  Other topics yes. Just trying my best to be respectful. This really impacted me.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan