The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is a new virus, so new testing. Rocky start. Pretty simple man. 

You comparing Fauci advice to Trump’s? Come on, that’s ridiculous. Trying to make false equivalence points between a serious scientist and doofus who can’t tell the truth from a lie. And sure, he can make mistakes, but I still believe him. 

Fauci is very trust worthy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

This is a new virus, so new testing. Rocky start. Pretty simple man. 

You comparing Fauci advice to Trump’s? Come on, that’s ridiculous. Trying to make false equivalence points between a serious scientist and doofus who can’t tell the truth from a lie. And sure, he can make mistakes, but I still believe him. 

Fauci is very trust worthy. 

cmon dude, at least try to get educated. Its an article in the New York Times..ya know, that bastion of conservative thought. Better too stay silent and have everyone thing you dumb, then to talk and confirm it. 

This has nothing to do with rocky starts , it has to do with the science of the tests. Please tell me what you disagree with in regards to  the science that is laid out, in , again, the New York Times. 

After all, you claim you follow the science

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It’s not crass to point out a political reality. The virus goes to the background now, the next 45 days will be all about the court vacancy. 

The time to use her death as a PPP punchline is not within hours of it. 

But you got your moment in the sun in a political thread on a football board. Bravo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Good Charts at link too. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/death-toll-from-covid-19-pandemic-extends-far-beyond-virus-victims-11600507800?st=9idsdlqxszoo8q0&reflink=article_copyURL_share

The CDC estimates there were somewhere between about 202,000 and 263,000 excess deaths in the U.S. this year through late August, measured against deaths from 2017 through 2019. The U.S. by that point had about 188,000 known Covid-19 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins. In New York City, the citywide death count surged by 35,000 in the most recent fiscal year, far exceeding the 19,142 confirmed and 4,625 probable virus-related deaths, authorities said Thursday. 

“We had no experience with this sort of thing, really,” Mr. Anderson said, regarding the pandemic. “The more we can learn about how things played out here and how the virus impacted mortality—not just directly, but indirectly—can help us God forbid we have another one of these.”

The CDC estimates there were somewhere between about 202,000 and 263,000 excess deaths in the U.S. this year through late August, measured against deaths from 2017 through 2019. The U.S. by that point had about 188,000 known Covid-19 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins. In New York City, the citywide death count surged by 35,000 in the most recent fiscal year, far exceeding the 19,142 confirmed and 4,625 probable virus-related deaths, authorities said Thursday. 

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

But you got your moment in the sun in a political thread on a football board. Bravo. 

Agree @shoshin.  Either side using death for political gain is gross.  Remember Herman CAin?

RIP

Edited by BeerLeagueHockey

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

For the millionth time, this space was created specifically to keep politics out of the football board.   You are perfectly free to contribute to the football board and avoid the politics board.   

What I have seen the past several weeks are restaurants figuring out how to survive this idiotic shutdown.  If they have a parking lot they have used that outdoor space for seating.  I had dinner last night at a local restaurant and they took a majority of their parking lot and turned it into an outdoor dining area. I see that all over town.  Couple that with being allowed to utilize 25% of their indoor dining (oh thank you, thank you daddy Newsom!) they are likely at or close to 100% of their original seating capacity.  I can see it now when this is over. 

GM: King Newsom is allowing us to fully reopen our indoor dining. And the city is also allowing us to keep the outdoor dining.  So we’ve decided to keep the outdoor seating. 

Kitchen Staff:  Nooooooooooooo.........

BTW I’ve had a business model in mind for years where the kitchen staff is bonused if they go over a specific number of covers a night. 

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

Unfortunately RBG crossed over that line all by herself. She should NEVER had made any comments about the current President. That is totally unacceptable by a sitting Justice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Agree @shoshin.  Either side using death for political gain is gross.  Remember Herman CAin?

RIP

I do. You should go read my Herman Cain post where I said he deserved better than to made use of as a footnote to a trump rally, which as Meazza clarified was not his intent and to which I apologized for interpreting him incorrectly. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You’re such an unbelievable pansy it’s kind of hilarious. :lol: 

You chose to not be decent. Your choice in a free world. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Unfortunately RBG crossed over that line all by herself. She should NEVER had made any comments about the current President. That is totally unacceptable by a sitting Justice. 

Different issue and there was a time and place to talk about that and I expect this board did. 

You get to chose if you’re decent or not now. Or now. Or now. 

Less than 24 hours from her death, now? 

2 hours ago, GG said:

For the millionth time, this space was created specifically to keep politics out of the football board.   You are perfectly free to contribute to the football board and avoid the politics board.   

Am I not free to critique boorish behavior and hope for better? Is that outside the PPP code? 

Edited by shoshin

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You’re such an unbelievable pansy it’s kind of hilarious. :lol: 

...LOL......these never ending stat rats are a comically sad bunch.....Herman Cain, as a cancer survivor and in a high risk category, attended the rally of HIS OWN volition, perhaps a bucket list item....if memory serves me, RBG survived FOUR different cancer bouts (do NOT know if Covid-19 was a part of her passing).....yet the stat rats still demand relevance.....200,000 deaths.....now factor out the fraudulent tabulation reporting, highly susceptible elderly, those with preexisting conditions, followed by auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, gunshot victims, suicides, Arkancides, fatal paper cuts et al, and we are probably down to 75,000+ deaths as a DIRECT RESULT of Covid-19......the annual flu season number.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

24 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I do. You should go read my Herman Cain post where I said he deserved better than to made use of as a footnote to a trump rally, which as Meazza clarified was not his intent and to which I apologized for interpreting him incorrectly. 

You chose to not be decent. Your choice in a free world. 

Different issue and there was a time and place to talk about that and I expect this board did. 

You get to chose if you’re decent or not now. Or now. Or now. 

Less than 24 hours from her death, now? 

Am I not free to critique boorish behavior and hope for better? Is that outside the PPP code? 

There's a wide gulf between a critique and calling for the subforum to be closed down.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

‘Until We Are Done With the Elections’

by John Podhoretz

Original Article

Did the official in charge of public health in Los Angeles County give the political game away in early September about the true purpose of the lockdown in her area?

In a conference call with school administrators, obtained by Steve Gregory of the radio station KFI, Barbara Ferrer spoke these words: “We don’t realistically anticipate that we would be moving to either Tier 2 or to reopening K–12 schools at least until after the election, in early November…it seems a more realistic approach to this until we are done with the elections.”

Ah. And what does the timing of the November election have to do with the spread of a virus

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1