The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

I mean this is a virus we all agree we don’t know much about and yet some of you still have all the confidence in the world to not wear a mask and actually ridicule those that do? ? 

Just now, Justice said:

I mean this is a virus we all agree we don’t know much about and yet some of you still have all the confidence in the world to not wear a mask and actually ridicule those that do? ? 

And these are the people who think everyone else is dumb. 

Edited by SectionC3

7 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Where are y'all buying these f***ing masks? I can't even find ass wipe on the shelves.

Even if I had a mask I doubt I'd wear it. Not for any principled reasons, it just seems like an unnecessary hassle. I keep my distance from others, I don't cough or sneeze in public, and I want to give people a reason to stay the hell away from me.

Plus, I'm pretty sure I don't have the Kung flu, but even if I do, if a stranger gets close enough to me to catch it, he deserves what he gets.

You don’t sneeze in public?  How do you pull that one off?  

Edited by Chef Jim

Just now, Justice said:

Well, there is that NIH study that says N95s are excellent. A cloth mask? Placebo. 

4 minutes ago, Justice said:

Yes. 

Edited by Chef Jim

6 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Where are y'all buying these f***ing masks? I can't even find ass wipe on the shelves.

Even if I had a mask I doubt I'd wear it. Not for any principled reasons, it just seems like an unnecessary hassle. I keep my distance from others, I don't cough or sneeze in public, and I want to give people a reason to stay the hell away from me.

Plus, I'm pretty sure I don't have the Kung flu, but even if I do, if a stranger gets close enough to me to catch it, he deserves what he gets.

My mom made them and my wife wears a burqa.

1 minute ago, Justice said:

I don't even know where to find a mask, but I take more than sufficient precautions. If I have to wrap myself in plastic and hide in seclusion indefinitely I'll take my chances. If I catch Kung flu and die, so be it. I had a good run.

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You don’t sneeze in public?  How do you pull that one off?  

I'm pretty good at holding it back. It sucks because I love the feeling of a good sneeze, but these are the sacrifices I make for my fellow man.

Just now, Rob's House said:

I don't even know where to find a mask, but I take more than sufficient precautions. If I have to wrap myself in plastic and hide in seclusion indefinitely I'll take my chances. If I catch Kung flu and die, so be it. I had a good run.

That would be something if you could wrap the entirety of your self in plastic.  Kind of like the time Brian's replacement on Family Guy killed himself, chopped himself up, and put himself in the trash.  Impressive. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, there is that NIH study that says N95s are excellent. A cloth mask? Placebo. 

What I’m mostly seeing here is the criticisms of wearing a mask. They don’t specify which kind usually. 

4 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I found them through a friend. He found them somewhere online. I get your sarcasm but this isn’t about just you. Don’t you have any at risk people in your life? 

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  Those masks do limit the spread of the wearer's discharge. 

Exactly. Both reports are out there. Why risk it? 

3 minutes ago, Justice said:

What I’m mostly seeing here is the criticisms of wearing a mask. They don’t specify which kind usually. 

I found them through a friend. He found them somewhere online. I get your sarcasm but this isn’t about just you. Don’t you have any at risk people in your life? 

Exactly. Both reports are out there. Why risk it? 

Yup.  We're fighting an "invisible enemy."  Our president imagines himself as a "wartime" leader.  And yet his followers can't contribute to the effort with respect to those things by simply wearing a bandana over their faces.  Unreal. 

1 minute ago, Justice said:

I'm probably an at risk person myself.

I'm not ripping anyone else for wearing a mask, I just don't have one. 

When I'm in public I avoid people like the plague (pun intended) since this hit.

If it's so contagious that someone could get it from me at the grocery store, we're all f***ed anyway.

When I'm in public I avoid people like the plague (pun intended) since this hit.

If it's so contagious that someone could get it from me at the grocery store, we're all f***ed anyway.

It is that contagious.  Hence the call to wear masks not to prevent acquisition, but to prevent transmission. 

I appreciate the efforts. I was with you until that last statement. It is that contagious. We are all *****. 

One would think this would be the one issue everyone can agree on. Both the left and the right. And yet here we are arguing as usual. Lol. We follow the rules that are in place. We don’t gather in large groups and protest a lockdown. That’ll only prolong the lockdown. The sooner we can get over this the better. We need to, at the bare minimum, reach the requirements DT laid out for reopening. 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

It is that contagious.  Hence the call to wear masks not to prevent acquisition, but to prevent transmission. 

I choose not to wear a mask when I’m out in open spaces like hiking trails and through the neighborhoods. 

Just now, Justice said:

I appreciate the efforts. I was with you until that last statement. It is that contagious. We are all *****. 

I don't think so, and I've seen no credible evidence to support that theory.

I doubt anyone has gotten it from passing by someone several feet away who was simply breathing.

If it really is that contagious we're all going to get it anyway and all these measures are just delaying the inevitable, unless of course we're going to go on like this forever. In that case, I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I'll take my chances.

I don't trust anything I see on TV because everyone has an agenda, but I do trust my doctor, and he thinks this "quarantine" has gone too far.

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I choose not to wear a mask when I’m out in open spaces like hiking trails and through the neighborhoods. 

I can’t say I blame you in that situation. Most people are far enough apart that you and them should be safe. The thing is we don’t really know. I lost 25 pounds since this started working out at home. It’s important to stay active. 

3 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I doubt anyone has gotten it from passing by someone several feet away who was simply breathing.

If it really is that contagious we're all going to get it anyway and all these measures are just delaying the inevitable, unless of course we're going to go on like this forever. In that case, I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I'll take my chances.

I don't trust anything I see on TV because everyone has an agenda, but I do trust my doctor, and he thinks this "quarantine" has gone too far.

Sometimes in addition to breathing people cough.  Including people with COVID-19.  And discharge from a cough spreads more widely than does discharge from breathing. 

5 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

The thing is we don’t truly know how it’s being spread. We do know it is though. From less than 15 cases to God knows how many. 

A little anecdote about doctors. A friend of mine recently got kidney stones. His doc gave him pain meds and told him to drink plenty of water. That was it. He couldn’t pass the stones for over a week and then he told me about his situation. I recommended a 1/4 cup each of fresh lemon juice and olive oil. He passed it immediately after that. The doctor never mentioned that remedy. Point is doctors don’t know everything. 

Edited by Justice