The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Love this. Trump supporters don't take him literally. They understand better what he's saying than he does.

/Temporary Hijack

So... you're still not going to touch the Trump/Russia threads? After you spent years pushing bull#### as fact and trying to doxx those who dared raised (what's now proven to be accurate) points that countered yours? 

/Hijack

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The whole intro is dedicated to the idea that Trump doesn't take criticism or suggestions well. Dr. Fauci has publicly stated that Trump has listened to all of their suggestions and not interfered with their conclusions. Perhaps the 'advice' would come across better if he opted to skip the personal attacks and just gave the suggestions. 

You really don't understand that Fauci and everyone else has to speak this way around him because he is the thinnest skinned person in America?

Even if you understood it, peer pressure wouldn't allow you to say it. The shut-in would no longer tolerate you.

23 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I didn’t vote for Trump, I have never liked Trump as a person, and I am not in any Trump fan clubs.  I am also not a fan of the non-stop criticism and blame during a national crisis. The letter started out with “This is your last chance to get it right” and went downhill from there.

You are welcome to have whatever opinions you want and I’ll have mine.  Don’t assume the motivations I have for my opinions.

Curious who you voted for and whom you will be voting for. You are not obligated to say, but you brought it up, which made me curious. 

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You really don't understand that Fauci and everyone else has to speak this way around him because he is the thinnest skinned person in America?

You really don't have any perception of reality. Fauci, while away from Trump, called out the media for manufacturing a rift that does not exist. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GG said:

Trump speak with an 8th grader's vocabulary.  That's well known.  Yet, he's still accomplished far more than previous Presidents.

You're the type of person who would rather get pounded with a 10 lb sledgehammer as long as the guy had a nice demeanor and vocabulary.

What exactly has he accomplished?

Wall?  Nope.  

Complete Mexican funding for wall?  Not happening. 

Repeal and replace?  Nope. 

Economic growth?  Nah. 

Job growth?  Yeah, no. 

Comprehensive trade deal with China?  Nope. 

Deficit elimination?  Not looking good. 

Balanced budget?  Nope.  

Tax cut for everyone?  Fake news. 

Health care premium tax deduction?  Maybe next term, if he gets one. 

Rebuilding national infrastructure?  See wall.  

Fooling about 38% of the electorate with fake winning?  Mission accomplished. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Want to make a bet on that number? If Trump gets more than 38% of the vote, you have to use an avatar of my choosing for a full year. If Trump gets less than 38% of the vote, I will use one you choose. 

Or, are you again just talking *****?

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Economic growth?  Nah. 

Job growth?  Yeah, no. 

So INCREDIBLY asinine.

Yes, It was ALL Trump's fault that China launched a bio-kamikaze attack on the rest of the world. Let's just ignore the record-low unemployment and massive economic gains the three years prior.

You're an asshat. You deserve any hatred you receive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Want to make a bet on that number? If Trump gets more than 38% of the vote, you have to use an avatar of my choosing for a full year. If Trump gets less than 38% of the vote, I will use one you choose. 

Or, are you again just talking *****?

Some who aren't fooled may still vote for him.  So your correlation between percentage of popular vote and scope of base is a false one.  

But let's keep our eyes on the prize.  You haven't disputed the lack of Trump's accomplishments.  

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So INCREDIBLY asinine.

Yes, It was ALL Trump's fault that China launched a bio-kamikaze attack on the rest of the world. Let's just ignore the record-low unemployment and massive economic gains the three years prior.

You're an asshat. You deserve any hatred you receive.

It's not Trump's fault that there is a pandemic.  (The "bio-kamikaze" thing is gibberish, but I'll ignore it for now.)  But he is culpable for downplaying the issue ("It's their new hoax!" "Fifteen cases, soon to be zero!), and that minimization of the threat surely contributed to the economic disaster now upon us. 

S&P is flat.  I now have had dead money for three years.  Unemployment figures rival those of the Great Depression.  Statistics don't lie, and the buck stops with Trump.  If you're cool with the way the economy is and with the characterization of the threat as a hoax, that's fine.  I demand better.  And I don't like presidents who preside over economic depressions. 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So that's a no? 

Figured. All swagger, no working man-parts.

Fake news.  I'll take your lack of response to Trump's lack of accomplishments as an admission with respect to that point.  Carry on. 

27 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Could have sworn that Trump referred to himself as a wartime president. If he wasn't referring to the virus he has delusionally convinced himself that we're fighting a war with another country. It's probably Greenland.

The virus isn't affecting 1 state. It's infecting every state. It needs to have a plan from the top, a consistent strategy, not a hey you guys figure it out because I'm too busy tweeting about my ratings.

You know, like the way you would look at this if it was a Dem president. 

Have you ever heard of the 10th Amendment?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It's not Trump's fault that there is a pandemic.

Exactly. And there's one reason and one reason alone the economy tanked after COVID.

Self-inflicted economic suicide.

Period. Not even debatable.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Exactly. And there's one reason and one reason alone the economy tanked after COVID.

Or, you know, the incoherent federal response ("Hoax!" "Tests for everyone who needs one, or not really!" "Actually, it's our PPE, not yours!" "Hang out at the airport for hours crowded together when coming back from Asia and Europe, it's cool!" "I don't need a mask!" "No need for DPA for PPE!" "Miracle cure!" "Warm weather will make it disappear!" "Fifteen cases, soon to be zero!") that put us in a position where the response had to be do drastic in so many areas.  Either one. 

18 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

What exactly has he accomplished?

Wall?  Nope.  

Complete Mexican funding for wall?  Not happening. 

Repeal and replace?  Nope. 

Economic growth?  Nah. 

Job growth?  Yeah, no. 

Comprehensive trade deal with China?  Nope. 

Deficit elimination?  Not looking good. 

Balanced budget?  Nope.  

Tax cut for everyone?  Fake news. 

Health care premium tax deduction?  Maybe next term, if he gets one. 

Rebuilding national infrastructure?  See wall.  

Looks like none of the Trumpers can take this on.  The truth hurts.  Sorry guys. 

And I didn't even include his pre-pandemic hoax about the GDP.  Where's the "4, 5, 6% growth" that was supposed to flow from the tax cuts?  More fake winning. 

Edited by SectionC3

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Or, you know, the incoherent federal response ("Hoax!" "Tests for everyone who needs one, or not really!" "Actually, it's our PPE, not yours!" "Hang out at the airport for hours crowded together when coming back from Asia and Europe, it's cool!" "I don't need a mask!" "No need for DPA for PPE!" "Miracle cure!" "Warm weather will make it disappear!" "Fifteen cases, soon to be zero!") that put us in a position where the response had to be do drastic in so many areas.  Either one. 

Nah. You're wrong.

Shutting down half the economy is the reason.

Enjoy being wrong. Just like you were wrong on Russia. Just like you were wrong on Ukraine. Just like you're wrong on mail-in voting. Just like you're wrong on just about everything.

I gotta ask though. What's it like being consistently incorrect?

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yep. If you hate the shutdown, hate the president and the governors. They all wanted it. 

Just now, shoshin said:

Yep. If you hate the shutdown, hate the president and the governors. They all wanted it. 

I've hated the shutdown before there WAS a shutdown. Go back and look I've always said the "cure" is worse than the "disease."

Nah. You're wrong.

Shutting down half the economy is the reason.

Enjoy being wrong. Just like you were wrong on Russia. Just like you were wrong on Ukraine. Just like you're wrong on mail-in voting. Just like you're wrong on just about everything.

I gotta ask though. What's it like being consistently incorrect?

Fake news from a guy who likes fake winning.  The economy was shut down in significant part because the federal government did little to nothing to properly prepare for a pandemic that it knew would reach American soil.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Fake news from a guy who likes fake winning.  The economy was shut down in significant part because the federal government did little to nothing to properly prepare for a pandemic that it knew would reach American soil.  

Talk about fake news. Go back and have a look what the beloved WHO said about human-to-human transmission of COVID through January and most of February.

Assuming of course that you can read.

I've hated the shutdown before there WAS a shutdown. Go back and look I've always said the "cure" is worse than the "disease."

I wasn't attacking you. I'm saying Trump called for the shutdown, as did most governors. 

If you don't like it or don't think it's worth it, remember that in November.  

• Like (+1) 1